Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

New/Old Publishers Clearing House Scam
hotpurple5
#1 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 5:30:25 PM(UTC)
hotpurple5

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 50 post(s)

Danielle, of the PCH Prize Patrol Crew advises on a new PCH scam...again! Members of Publishers Clearing House (through the website, online games, sweeps entries online etc) as well as those who may have submitted even an occasional mail-in entry or perhaps don't even remember entering at all are being scammed...again! PCH Never, ever calls people on the telephone to tell them they have won a prize. Like other legit sweeps they do not ask for a "fee" to enter sweeps or claim a prize. People in several states are apparently getting calls from someone, saying the person has won the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes. OF Course (!!) they then want all the person's personal info - u know, bank acct #, SSN, etc so the prize can be processed, sent, whatever. Well, u can imagine what happens next! That's right "Poof!" Caller is never heard from again after getting the personal info! I saw a message from a guy to Danielle just yesterday when he told her someone asked him to pay the PCH fee! Fortunately he had not sent money anywhere before she advised him it was not PCH!

I got something in the mail a few wks back which really looked similar to and was worded very similar to PCH. They were based in Fla. They wanted close to $20 for me to have my entry "processed." Any time you receive mail or email that says you are the Prize "Award" winner (as opposed to "sweepstakes" or "contest" winner), read very carefully! There's most likely more fine print in between that fine print!

Happy sweeping!

2 users thanked hotpurple5 for this useful post.
reed12 on 9/1/2012(UTC), cfeline5 on 1/11/2013(UTC)