Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Invalid product coupons
tbmjdf
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:28:14 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Is anyone having problems with coupons received as prizes being invalid? I received 2 Purina product coupons for free items given as instant prizes and a free item coupon from Hoste redeem tss for my birthday. The last store that I tried to redeem them, I was thretened with arrest for trying to pass counterfeit coupons. I sent emails to both companies stating that I didn't enjoy the experience and told them tat I might stop purchasing their products.

tuffie2
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:35:05 PM(UTC)
tuffie2

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 929 post(s)
I had rec'd the Purina coupons and used them at walmart without any problems whatsoever... How embarrassing for you to be treated that way at the store you went to! Sorry this happened to you.. Evie
w9yards
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:40:08 PM(UTC)
w9yards

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)

I had a problem with those coupons as well.  The local Vons where I have shopped  for years would not honor the coupons.  They photo copied them as well as some arrowhead water and nestle water coupons and sent them to their loss preventon department. They were extremely rude and treated me so poorly that I have not shopped there again. They acted like I was knowingly trying to rip them off.  I wrote a letter to Von's and received an apology.  I took the coupons to Albertsons and some to Wal Mart and they gladly accepted them.  I talked to their customer service people before I tried to redeem the coupons and both stores were amazed that Vons would not take them.  So I think the problem was poorly trained staff that didn't know how to evaluate the coupons, not the coupons themselves.

tbmjdf
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:20:34 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Received e-mails from Purina and Hostess Bakery apologizing and both saying that they are sending product coupons.
tuffie2
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:43:25 AM(UTC)
tuffie2

I am pleased for you that the Purina and Hostess treated you so well... Good customer relations is important! Walmart is a great place for using coupons, never have I had a problem with them at all. Evie
tuffie2
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:43:26 AM(UTC)
tuffie2

I am pleased for you that the Purina and Hostess treated you so well... Good customer relations is important! Walmart is a great place for using coupons, never have I had a problem with them at all. Evie