Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

getting biled from magazines you didn't order
tweethang
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:31:12 AM(UTC)

I keep getting bills from magazines that i didn't order,all because i entered their sweepstakes,i'm very tired of this and wish there was some thing i could do about it.

chudder4444
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:18:26 AM(UTC)
chudder4444

Was thanked: 1067 time(s) in 895 post(s)

Gotta be careful about the sweeps that have check boxes or links to enter without purchasing a magazine. Luckily out of the thousands I've entered I've never failed to uncheck the box or click the link to enter without subscribing. Just contact them and tell them it was a mistake, and I'm sure they'll fix it for ya.

$10,000 Club member since November 2008!
CRamlow1
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:01:37 PM(UTC)
CRamlow1

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 192 post(s)

I've messed up several times, and in each case once the order is in their system you can email them and cancel and they just tell you to ignore any bills you get.  I've not had any problems with this approach.  I wish they would make them so that you have to 'confirm' if you're really trying to order.  By the time you get the thank you for your order, it becoms a hassle to cancel your order.

heusser87
#4 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 8:02:38 AM(UTC)
heusser87

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
i've messed up once too, and just emailed. They cancelled for me and i never had to worry about a bill. Now im extra careful of those hidden check boxes or the ones that you need to click a link before entering to avoid subscriptions.
rhanna23
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:39:02 AM(UTC)

I have received a magazine I did not want and must have not unchecked the box. I went to the magazine website and used the info (customer number) on the magazine to cancel my subscription. Seems to work fine. I have also emailed customer service to tell them I was not interested. Case in point, I am a middled aged person and got a subscription to Seventeen magazine. Said in my email I was too old to be interested in their magazine. They cancelled the subscription.