Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Anyone Get cash claim form from NATIONAL DATA ADVISORS ??
walton39
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:13:32 AM(UTC)
walton39

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 180 post(s)

My neighbor brougt over a letter from subject company Form WN-A  from Freeport New York. They are guaranteeing a cash prize. They keep mentioning $3,331,947.11.  Kinda looks to me like the kind of letter you'd get from Publishers Clearing House. Just wondering if any of you got this too, and how did you respond to it

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

cfeline5
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:34:12 AM(UTC)
cfeline5

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Nothing, but when I watched that show "The Lottery Changed My Life", I did see PCH award 2 of those big checks. When they went to the lady's job, the guy asked her did she remember the notification telling her she had won a cash prize. She did remember, but assumed it was just a small amount like $1000 and that's why she had to do verification form. It turns out it was a million dollar check. So, I think they do send you verification forms telling you that you have won a cash prize, then you must verify and then they 'surprise ' you if you are a big winner. The lady did not gt a number on how much she had won though, that kind of negates the surprise element. I would have her do some research on this company first before sending any information. Too many scams out there.
"May the odds be ever in our favor!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------
2014 wins:
HIP digital download credit
Starbuck's brownie cake pop X 2
Starbuck's tall brewed coffee/tea
$10 Amazon giftcard
Bowers and Wilkins Zepplin Air-$600
Beyond the Rack giftcode $10 X 2-$20
Snickers X 2
arcadia1
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:30:54 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 165 post(s)

sounds like a scam to me.

I just spent a lot of time this morning UNSUBSCRIBING to e-mails

duanedoug1
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:59:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 74 post(s)

If they are asking for money...It is a scam. See the comment from Joe Smith in this link. He was asked to send $20.00 http://seasidepress.word...15/stop-scamming-the-80/

Note that the prize amount and name is EXACTLY the same. I did a number of searches and could find no other information on National Data Advisors in Freeport, NY. I searched Yellow pages, Super pages, white pages, and the web. The only National Data Advisors I found was in Las Vegas and no other information was given.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Figures don't lie, but liars do figure-Mark Twain.

hotpurple5
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:48:30 PM(UTC)
hotpurple5

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 50 post(s)

This is absolutely, positively, without-a-doubt a scam! I am a writer on several sites (Yahoo, Helium, a Columbus crime reporter for Examiner etc...) and have won several writing competitions. I wrote a couple articles that includes info on how to determine whether a sweeps or contest notice is real or not. I plan to do another one soon as an update because I really hate to see anyone get scammed out of money! This is also a way that criminals steal people's identity!

There is no information on the internet about National Data Advisors. Why? Because they are apparently not a legitimate company. There isn't even a phone number or address in the phone book or any type of directory!

Always remember this rule - if you did not enter, you cannot possibly win. Some sweeps or contest administrator cannot just pull an individual's name out of the sky and tell them they have won a bunch of money.

You also never have to send any money in to claim a real prize. A scam was just stopped this week close where I live - an 80 year old woman already sent in $10,000 after receiving a phone call and letter claiming she won a bunch of money from Publishers Clearing House. She was told she had to send in money for taxes and "processing" fees. I follow the PCH crew pretty closely; Danielle and the rest of the team at PCH have repeatedly said they never, ever call people and you never have to send any money to claim or receive a prize from PCH! Also, they surprise you with no advance notification on big money prizes. My father entered a PCH sweeps and won a TV several years ago and he was never sent anything to fill out before he got his prize. He never even knew he won until UPS showed up with the TV and inside was a letter from PCH explaining that he had won. Thank goodness (!) for an alert teller at the woman's bank who stopped her from withdrawing more money! The woman was just getting ready to send the scammers another $30,000! She is now out the $10,000 that she already sent!

While sweeps winners are required to complete tax forms to claim large prizes, again, it is for legitimate sweeps that they entered and have won a major prize, not something that appears in the mail from someone they never heard of. Another red flag is the odd prize amount. Scroll thru Mr. Sweepy's list of sweeps; how many of the cash prize amounts have an odd change amount like in your neighbor's notice? They will almost always be an even dollar amount.

Please read this to learn more. This should help to better determine scam sweepstakes and contest notices.

http://voices.yahoo.com/...-and-8939495.html?cat=41  and also 

http://voices.yahoo.com/...tests-9024425.html?cat=7

Make a copy and show your neighbor or give her the links. It is good she has you to consult regarding this!

3 users thanked hotpurple5 for this useful post.
1froglegs on 2/27/2013(UTC), walton39 on 3/3/2013(UTC), cfeline5 on 3/3/2013(UTC)
walton39
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:29:00 PM(UTC)
walton39

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 180 post(s)

Thanks again, HotPutple for your informed advice. When I re-read the "fine-fine" print and saw they were wanting $20.00 processing fee I then knew beyond a doubt the whole thing was bogus.  I always appreciate your input

Walt

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)