Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

A few questions
facepalmz1
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:06:12 PM(UTC)
facepalmz1

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi! My name is Mark, my girlfriend and I started entering sweepstakes about 3 days ago after hearing about my parents luck. They started about 2-3 weeks ago, and already won an iPad, a fish finder, and a $100.00 visa GC!

So naturally, it perked our attention and have created a large lucky list full of dailies and have been having tons of fun entering. We won 13 free music codes earlier tonight, which I am sure a bunch of you likely also won. Which is exciting, regardless if it's song, or otherwise. Winning is fun :D

Anyway we had a few questions for you veteran sweepers. We'd like to be prepared ahead of time so we don't make any mistakes.

How often do winners of sweeps typically have to fill out an affidavit? Does this depend on the ARV as well as the company? Or usually just the ARV?

When an affidavit is required, do they usually send via snail mail, or more likely ask that you print it out? We don't currently have a printer, but we could always stop by the local library to print it out. 

I know when filling out an affidavit, it requires you have it notarized. Do I just bring the paper and my driver's license? Or do I need proof of anything else as well to get it notarized?

What is the most common (for you personally) means of notification given when winning a prize? Email, phone call, letter, etc?

And finally, just because I really enjoy reading about everyone's great wins, what is you favorite win you've received so far? It doesn't have to be your most expensive, just the prize you enjoyed the most.

Thanks for your help and advice, and good luck on your entries! :D

Free Music code x13 - $13 ARV
NCAA Gift Card - $25 ARV
Chronic Tacos Gift Card - $10 ARV
Tombstone
#2 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 4:59:36 AM(UTC)
Tombstone

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Welcome, Mark.

Affv. are for any winnings over $600. This is for anything you win worth over $600.

Affv. are usually sent by UPS or Fedex. Sometimes the administrator will call you first, but usually for only bigger prizes.

If you are taking an affv. to someone you don't know then I would take a i.d. (drivers license) just in case. But try to find family friend or co-worker who is notarized. You will need the papers that you filled out. They have to stamp it and sign it also.

notification of win - smaller items; email, UPS/fedex delivery. not big prizes, but of some value; email, UPS/fedex delivery. big prizes; usually a call but may get affv. mailed with no call.

My fav. win was an ESPN Sweeps. I won a 52" hdtv, a leather relciner, and Jerry Rice came to my house to watch NFL game. They also had lunch catered.
1 user thanked Tombstone for this useful post.
facepalmz1 on 8/30/2013(UTC)
facepalmz1
#3 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 5:09:02 PM(UTC)
facepalmz1

Hey Tombstone - thanks for your reply. I've tried to look online for info, but everything was very bland and generic. So your more in depth reply helps a ton, I appreciate it.

Wow, what an amazing prize - go 49ers! It must have been a blast being able to watch a game with someone as talented as Jerry Rice. I am extremely jealous, lol - grats!

Thanks again for your reply, and good luck with future sweeps.
NCAA Gift Card - $25 ARV
SeesTheDay2
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2013 12:44:57 PM(UTC)
SeesTheDay2

Was thanked: 601 time(s) in 586 post(s)
Hi! What a lot of questions! I'll answer one for you tho...your bank will notarize free of charge...I think some banks will do so no charge even if you have no account!
1 user thanked SeesTheDay2 for this useful post.
facepalmz1 on 9/6/2013(UTC)
Mona73
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2013 5:19:48 PM(UTC)
Mona73

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I've been entering only a few a months, but I would like to give one bit of opinion...
Read the Rules!
Why you ask?
About three weeks ago, I won a trip to Vegas.
I had only skimmed the site & rules and saw what I wanted to see...Vegas and Michelin.
I assumed it was a trip to Las Vegas or tires.
It wasn't, it was a trip to the Michelin Corvette Driving school outside of Las Vegas and for one person only.
While it would have been a great experience, it wasn't something I would have enjoyed as much as a true car
aficionado, so I gave it up.

I hope you have too much fun doing sweeps as much as I have.
Good Luck!
Mona
Do or Do Not, There is No Try...Yoda
1 user thanked Mona73 for this useful post.
A1Galloway
#6 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 12:27:02 AM(UTC)
A1Galloway

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Great questions & answers everyone!

Tombstone - I am soooooo jealous!

Mona73 - you are so right, have to read everything.

Anita
1 user thanked A1Galloway for this useful post.
facepalmz1
#7 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 3:56:22 AM(UTC)
facepalmz1

Thanks everyone for your answers and comments! This stuff is very useful to know for beginners like me.

Mona - thanks for your tip, it seems reading that fine print is actually worth the extra minute or two of your time. Sorry it didn't work out better for you!

SeesTheDay - I never even thought of that! We go through Bank of America in our home so I think I will give them a call to see if they offer any notary services in case I get lucky in the future! :D

Thanks again everyone, and best of luck!
NCAA Gift Card - $25 ARV