Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

How to make an "Unwanted Win" Useful!
sburrill
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:26:57 AM(UTC)
sburrill

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 125 post(s)

I know it has been discussed before that some wins are more random and not necessarily what the winner was hoping for, but I wanted to share what has been working for me with those kinds of prizes. I won the Victoria's Secret Perfume Sampler set, and I was able to sell it on ebay for $21.00. I used the money from that to buy the new Mumford and Sons CD and make-up that I really wanted! I won a Litter Genie Plus from one of the Purina sweeps, and I am now selling that to buy something I really need also.

Have a great day sweepers!

3 users thanked sburrill for this useful post.
Dixie muse on 2/12/2013(UTC), Elizabeth45 on 2/19/2013(UTC), delilahj1 on 3/18/2013(UTC)
Dixie muse
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:21:50 PM(UTC)
Dixie muse

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 128 post(s)

Great Idea, sburrill!

Good choice on Mumford & sons. I really like them too.

Here's another Idea to share with other members that I've done in the past but might be particularly useful to those sweepers who win A LOT or  big prizes or if you simply want to make someone's day & help out a good cause.

I've donated prizes to charitable organizations who holding fund-raisers. An example would be an auction/silent auction & other types of fundraising projects to help charitable organizations.

Benefit #1 is that helps out someone else or a great cause which can also create as wonderful a feeling as winning sweeps ...in my opinion.

Benefit#2 can be written off as a tax deduction.

Of Course, being charitable in "your own backyard" ( family & friends") is always a good place start to give-away unwanted sweepstake's prizes.

All these Ideas are a win-win situation for all.

Best of luck to all ST members

diximuse

4 users thanked Dixie muse for this useful post.
lenibean17 on 2/12/2013(UTC), sburrill on 2/14/2013(UTC), Elizabeth45 on 2/19/2013(UTC), delilahj1 on 3/18/2013(UTC)
butterflymamaof2
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:25:09 AM(UTC)

I have won prizes that I do not want or need.  Sometimes I use them as gifts.  You can also donate them to charities or shelters, churches, fundraisers.  Or try to sell or trade.  

marli23514
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:48:42 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Great moves with your wins.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

Elizabeth45
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:18:47 AM(UTC)
Elizabeth45

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 147 post(s)

I love these ideas. I recently won a nice soccer ball and knew our grandson wouldn't be interested in that. So asked my son if he knew anyone who might be interested. It just so happened that his church was collecting soccer balls at that time to take on a mission trip to kids in Guatemala, so that worked out great.

I've also given some as gifts and have a few things in my "donate" basket. If I can't find anyone who would like to have it, it will go to our local thrift store.

Then there are some things that will probably go on E-bay, such a football I recently won. Waiting until end of promotion for delivery on that.

It's nice to have all these options of what to do with the things we can't use. :)

You never know when Lady Luck will hit! So keep on sweeping and enjoy the journey!

Ella Mae Sings "An American Trilogy" by Elvis Presley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmWa1gKrp6Q