Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

HOW long after winning a prize?
jim12345
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:56:07 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)

I won a major prize from John Frieda and it was the Grand Prize in the John Frieda Elite Colour

Sweepstakes I found on this website, It is a very nice trip to NEW YORK city on New Years Eve.

On Monday November 25 I got an email saying I had 72 hours to claim the prize or forfeit it so they

could draw a new winner. However the links in the email to claim the prize did not work at all. I 

immediately emailed them to let them know I had no way to see what information they needed or

where to send it to as all of the links in the email went to a webpage that said eprize was having

trouble with their website and to be patient they are fixing it.

I finially got a response back from them Wed night 27th 530pm right before Thanksgving holidays

and it said just to fax them the form at a certain telephone number. I faxed all of the information to

them right away but then I saw it needed to be notarized and I could find no where to notarize it after

6pm in my little city and so I had to wait to have it notarized first thing Friday the 29th. I had tried emailing them to let

them know why I had taken longer than 72hours but with no response. I also have tried calling and leaving messages

several times and still have not heard anything back from them. I am very anxious and nervous about this matter as I

would love to take this dream trip. Does anyone have any advice for me? Does anyone know how long it normally takes to hear back from a company after you submit eligibility information?  I really feel if I won the contest I should have been allowed a fair chance to get the information back to them as soon as humanly possible and should not suffer becayse of their internet problems... Any advice or ideas would be apprciated. Thanks for reading this long message. I could really use this trip so if anything prayers are also welcome. Thank you < Jim

smokejoe
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:38:21 AM(UTC)
smokejoe

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 33 post(s)

I have won six trip over the years and have had some communication and other problems.

My experience has been once they know you want to accept the win. They will bend over backwards

to help and will disregard the time limit.

Hope that is the case for you!

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
1 user thanked smokejoe for this useful post.
jim12345 on 12/6/2013(UTC)
chudder4444
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:31:34 PM(UTC)
chudder4444

Was thanked: 1067 time(s) in 895 post(s)

I just won a trip through ePrize and I faxed in my forms and had a reply from them that night that they had received them, and I was approved and that I would be contacted about getting the trip set up.

I would keep trying to call them or email them and ask as to the status. I'm sure they'll understand that you want to make sure everything is fine.

$10,000 Club member since November 2008!
1 user thanked chudder4444 for this useful post.
jim12345 on 12/6/2013(UTC)
jim12345
#4 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 7:44:40 AM(UTC)

Thank You guys for you help, I am a nervous wreck waiting to hear about whether I am going to get to go on this

trip. I got a call from an Eprize rep and they said they were not going to hold me back because I did not get the

paperwork back to them on time but that it still takes time for them to confirm you. She said they have to check

my eligibility and that takes time and if I get the prize I will receive another email saying I have been approved

and then I will be getting a call from a travel agent. Fingers crossed. Good Luck to everyone else and thanks

to this site and all of the nice people here. I have won a few neat things from this site and really feel blessed

for even the small things I have gotten. Hope that I win the New York City trip though. I will be sure to post

and let everyone know. Thanks chudder4444 and smokejoe

chudder4444
#5 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 8:01:58 AM(UTC)
chudder4444

I'm glad you got a call from an ePrize rep, that's a good sign. Sounds like you'll be just fine, and please keep us posted when you hear something more!

jim12345 on 12/7/2013(UTC)
jim12345
#6 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 9:20:17 AM(UTC)

THANKS TO EVERYONE for your help.... after a lonng long long long long long long two weeks or more I have heard back from Eprize.

I guess they were incredibly busy after the Thankgsiving holiday, It turns out I am eligible for the trip so look

soon under the 10,000 club forum because as soon as i get my travel packet from the travel agency I

will be happy to mention my win there. Its a truly marvelous thing. NEW YEARS EVE IN NEW YORK CITY

thanks again to everyone and this site

chudder4444
#7 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 12:58:00 PM(UTC)
chudder4444

That is FANTASTIC!!!!!! Congratulations again, and I"m sure you'll have an unbelievably great time! Please let us know how your trip went when you get back, I love to read about people's experiences on trips!

jim12345 on 12/18/2013(UTC)