Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

New to forum, sweeping for a year
twgoerge1
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 4:20:19 PM(UTC)

I've just started checking out the forum recently, but I joined the site about a year ago.

I've entered sweepstakes on-line for years, but mostly only on Scripps Networks sites (HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, etc.).  Last November I won a big trip to Disney World from HGTV.  Before that, I always thought it was too much of a long shot to enter sweepstakes, but winning that trip changed my mind.  I started entering more sweepstakes.

Besides the trip, I've won $1000 check and multiple gift cards and small items, probably adding up to a few hundred dollars.  I'm enjoying it, but with only an occassional $25-50 win, I'm starting to feel depressed.  I guess that's what happens when you get your big win first.

Well, I just wanted to say hello and good luck to everyone!

Mona73
#2 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 6:53:50 AM(UTC)
Mona73

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Sounds just like me...I got into sweeps a bit backwards too, by winning the trip first and then really getting into sweeps. Won a trip to the Marlboro Ranch back in May & made me a believer. Since, I've won two other trips (both from Sweepstakes Today).
This Christmas I was the Favorite auntie & gave my niece a mini i-pad and the nephew a new Wardrobe from Sports Fanatic.com (both I won from this site).
Don't be bummed by our beginners luck and sounds like you've done well...for me those small wins really helps to focus.
I think what I really like is the "daydreaming" of if I win this prize or that :)
Good Luck and Have Fun! Mona
Do or Do Not, There is No Try...Yoda