Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

I need answer about trip voucher. Thanks I got my answer
meganne23
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:40:55 AM(UTC)
meganne23

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I got an email from the orbitz swag bag sweep, i need to respond ASAP. I won a trip without airfare to Thailand. Does anyone know if I accept this prize can I give it away? I don't have the money for airfare and I don't want to leave my kids. This is from eprize. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks
marli23514
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:56:59 PM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Check the rules.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

meganne23
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:00:54 PM(UTC)
meganne23

The rules just say prize is awarded as a voucher so I assume that means anyone could use it but I think I have to decline the prize anyways. I am having a hard time finding anyone that can afford the airfare. Thanks though for the input I really appreciate it.
gbftl1
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:17:04 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 34 post(s)

Keep in mind if you accept the prize and give it away you will  still get 1099 for it. I won a voucher in the same sweep for Ibisa Spain and turned it down. I have to admit I was half tempted to take it but I didn't know the expairation date on it plus airfare was like $1000/person. I could have almost lived with that but I would have bought a few extra days to make my time in Spain worth it. I wonder how many people forfited prizes for this sweep. Hope this helps

1 user thanked gbftl1 for this useful post.
maryr1 on 1/16/2014(UTC)
meganne23
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:47:06 AM(UTC)
meganne23

I read the rules and they will try 3 times to award the trips then after that they go unawarded. So I am probably last choice. I looked up airfare and it would be $2300 per person. And then to fly all that way for 4 nights. Pretty crazy to me. As for the taxes I figure if my in laws wanted it I could just remind them of the trip I gave them for years to come. ;)
arcadia1
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:33:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 165 post(s)

I can't advise you. what if the voucher has your name on it. Then it would be hard to give it away. Silly to give a prize without airfare. Thailand is WAY far!

hotpurple5
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:16:15 PM(UTC)
hotpurple5

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 50 post(s)

Your experiences with this sweeps is an excellent example of all these stupid sweeps that award "trips" with no airfare. It is just absurd. Sorry that u may have to forfeit your great prizes. I was not a winner but if I was, I would certainly not be able to pay my own way! Unfortunately there seems 2B more & more prizes with no airfare. To me, it's not a prize if the airfare isn't covered!

duanedoug1
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:52:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 74 post(s)

hotpurple5;173227 wrote:

Your experiences with this sweeps is an excellent example of all these stupid sweeps that award "trips" with no airfare. It is just absurd. Sorry that u may have to forfeit your great prizes. I was not a winner but if I was, I would certainly not be able to pay my own way! Unfortunately there seems 2B more & more prizes with no airfare. To me, it's not a prize if the airfare isn't covered!

I don't enter sweeps with prizes that I can not afford to accept. Like trips with no travel provisions, customised old cars worth more than my yearly income and would be hard to sell, stuff I don't need like lawn care products.               Why waste my time and take someone elses chance to win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Figures don't lie, but liars do figure-Mark Twain.