Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

taking winning merchandise to a store
stefame1962
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:28:02 AM(UTC)

I won a set of stainless steel martha stewart pan set. They sell them at Macy's. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a prize to a store for a store credit. I really dont want to be bothered selling them on ebay with shipping and all. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

4youreyes
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:41:35 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Never tried that but you need a receipt usually even for a store credit.
soccer_nut5
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:41:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 224 post(s)

I sell a lot of my items I win on Craigslist.  No fees or shipping and you deal with just local people.

hotpurple5
#4 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 7:04:44 PM(UTC)
hotpurple5

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 50 post(s)

As 4youreyes said, u need a receipt. As someone with several years loss prevention experience, if it comes up in the system that u didn't buy the merchandise from there, 1 of 3 things will happen - the clerk tells u the merchandise didn't come from there so the store cannot take it back & thats the end of it, or they call the manager who tells u the same thing, or they call loss prevention and u get questioned cuz if u didn't buy it & ur trying 2 return it, then very often, people have stolen it & are trying 2 return it for credit or refund. Even if u didn't get questioned, loss prevention will have u on camera and u could be labeled as someone making a return with no receipt and u may be labeled as someone 2 watch as a potential shoplifter, even tho in your case, u did not steal the merchandise, but simply don't want/need the prize. Trust me, the average person has no idea all the crap people try in order to attempt to get cash/credit for things they steal or switch prices on. My advice is to do what soccer_nut5 advised, maybe ebay even tho u said u prefer not; remember buyer pays shipping cost, not seller-u just gotta ship it. Also dunno if its still there, but there was a link on ST forum for people who want to sell/trade prizes they don't want. Maybe check the forum & see if its still there

1 user thanked hotpurple5 for this useful post.
maryr1 on 2/21/2014(UTC)