Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

A funny pet peeve
bohallaron1
#1 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2014 5:11:07 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Is this nitpicky? I type all of my info into the forms by hand and tab through the form fields, and every sweep that asks for your birthday has the date in a different format... My pet peeve: MM DD YYYY - this means 2 digits for month, two digits for day, and four for the year - but on a big number of sweeps the name of the month in the 'MM' field is spelled out (e.g. "January" instead of 01)

Just a goofy little oversight that you don't notice unless you fill out 50 applications in a row for different sweeps... I'm sure someone else has noticed that :) Sorry if this didn't make sense...

1 user thanked bohallaron1 for this useful post.
maryr1 on 4/7/2014(UTC)
maryr1
#2 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2014 9:22:16 PM(UTC)
maryr1

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Bohallaron1, Phone numbers are another.  Some forms require dashes, some just want whole number written!

CRamlow1
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:32:32 AM(UTC)
CRamlow1

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 192 post(s)

I used to design entry screens as a software engineer, and when I was asked to test, one of my pet peeves was to see the same data displayed in multiple ways, different labels, abbreviations, different length entry fields, etc. across what was supposed to be system.

eaglet11
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:48:19 AM(UTC)
eaglet11

Was thanked: 275 time(s) in 249 post(s)

One more peeve is the order in which your information is entered. Some have name, email, address, etc. and some have name, complete address, then email. Just personal peeves, does not stop me from entering. One peeve on ST is that I have several sweeps listed as "daily" that belong in the 24 hour category, I either have to skip a day to get those back in a timed routine or remember to go back at specific times to enter.

arcadia1
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:10:38 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 165 post(s)

I agree! Sometimes all they want is your year and month only with no day

sometimes they just wanna know that you're over 18, which I think is best

bohallaron1
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 7:16:28 AM(UTC)

Alright! So I'm not the only one who notices these things Re: the phone number formats, I don't know why it even matters! Also if they are picky they can have it auto-format as you type it in to add dashes or whatever, as many sweeps do....

Agreed, it's not going to stop me from entering any sweeps, I just notice it as things I would do differently if I were designing the forms....

1 user thanked bohallaron1 for this useful post.
maryr1 on 4/8/2014(UTC)
pgt_52
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:40:13 PM(UTC)
pgt_52

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 36 post(s)

Alright, now the proverbial "can of worms" has been opened re: pet peeves!    Here's one of mine:  I enter several of the In Touch Weekly; Sweepon; Woman's World; etc.  I finally found a way to get around the "View the Video", where I don't even mind too much typing the captcha knowing that an automated bot is not using this sweeps.   BUT, when they ask you if you would answer a few questions to have 7 FULL DAYS of no questions; videos; captchas, etc. . . . then you do answer ALL questions. . . .and then you might only go through a couple of "enter only" prizes before you're back to the captchas, questions, videos, etc!       But, of course, as everyone else has mentioned. . . .it's not going to stop me from entering!  

bohallaron1
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 5:44:42 PM(UTC)

Right... I think you can enter maybe 5 or so before it starts asking for captchas. At that point I only enter ones I want the most so I don't have to watch the first 10 seconds of the same video over and over. Actually the surveys are faster than the captchas, I'd prefer those any day!

Now, the ones that make you 'unlock' the entry by watching a whole video... I pass on that, more opportunity for those with more patience!