Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scam phone call
marli23514
#1 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2014 7:14:07 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Just received a phone call advising my computer had been hacked and they were here to save me.

HOW?

Just give them my passwords so they could log in to my accounts.

Duh, spare me.  These fools are so obvious, they cannot speak English or arrange the words in a sentence in an odd manner.

Beware, they are not here to help, but would appreciate your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

1 user thanked marli23514 for this useful post.
mrbucket53 on 6/16/2014(UTC)
tuffie2
#2 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2014 7:28:49 AM(UTC)
tuffie2

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 929 post(s)
That call has really been going around. I got one the other day and my caller id said "FOOD BANK".... and of course he told me the same story, and I told him "you should be ashamed of yourself" and hung up.. If someone falls for this, they can get into every thing on the computer, banking info, soc security, etc..
marli23514
#3 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2014 7:34:28 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

tuffie2;176790 wrote:
That call has really been going around. I got one the other day and my caller id said "FOOD BANK".... and of course he told me the same story, and I told him "you should be ashamed of yourself" and hung up.. If someone falls for this, they can get into every thing on the computer, banking info, soc security, etc..

The sad part is they prey on unsuspecting people especially the elderly.  Never, ever give out your information.  Shame on them.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

sweepchaser2
#4 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 10:55:02 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Yea, its usually foreigners that are calling and you can hear other people in the background. instantly sounds like a scam. I usually see how far they go because I get a kick out of it and i'll keep the conversation going lol egging them on. Their english is so horrible. This might help a few people spot sweepstakes scams. Sometimes these Sweepstakes Scams calls are very convincing and it can be hard to tell. Especially the whole smishing route (text message scams)

suzysdream
#5 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 2:33:07 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 80 post(s)
As P.T. Barnum said "there's a sucker born every minute" - so true of the scam artists - they are out there to make a fast buck or two - some people let their 'guard' down and start to believe that they are who they claim to be - like the most recent scams shown on TV -those that call you stating you owe back taxes and they're coming to arrest you - a good line for a comeback is "at least I'll get free room & board with 3 (three) square meals a day" - that'll shut'em up!! AND there's always a new scam in town everyday.

oneNUTin