Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

YAHOO!!! anyone?
kdconnor
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:11:59 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I have an email account with yahoo.com.  I have had it for years, I can barely remember NOT ever having it.  They have changed their format and now I can barely get my emails to load, sometimes I can NOT delete any emails, then after I'm on it for a few minutes and I've maybe gotten lucky enough to read or delete 2-10 emails, I get a pop up error message "Operation timed out." If the problem continues, check my network connection. 

I thought, because, yes I still have dial-up, maybe the problem was my computer.  But, I didn't get that error message on any other websites I visited.  Finally, I went to myyahoo and eventually found comments from others, lots of others, who are also having trouble and not happy AT ALL! 

I was wondering if anyone else in the sweepstakestoday.com family has yahoo and has had any problems.  I was thinking that if I have to change email addresses, I'm gonna have a lot of sweeps I've entered with the yahoo address (no way to change them all).

Any comments, suggesstions apprecitated!

lorikb1017
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 11:08:08 AM(UTC)
lorikb1017

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 94 post(s)

Sorry about late response.  I use yahoo and haven't had any of the problems you are.  Maybe your settings got changed somehow. 

jerry1335
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:31:33 AM(UTC)
jerry1335

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I am having the same problem. Yahoo just has to change everything that is not broke.
BarbaraF3
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:45:51 PM(UTC)
BarbaraF3

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)

I have all kinds of problems with yahoo plus I've been hacked on there a few times so don't use it much.

frances77
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:14:07 PM(UTC)
frances77

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)

I have had problems with my Yahoo email for quite awhile now.  It is soooo slow.  It takes forever to load.  I have to wait forever to type in the email address of who I want to email.  It takes forever to delete emails.  It is so frustrating.  I have a g-mail account I use for my sweeping and it is so much better & faster.  I'm like you though, I have used the Yahoo for so long I can't change everything that has that address.  I wish they would get their act together.

gizkok6
#6 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2014 1:01:42 AM(UTC)
gizkok6

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 95 post(s)

This suggestion might work for you.  Get yourself a new email address, then sign up to have email from your other address forwarded to the new one.  Gradually there won't be any more coming from old email address.  While you are at it you might want to get another new email address dedicated soley for sweeping. Good luck!