Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

MY WISH LIST & DREAM PRIZE!
mommamiaria1
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:05:49 PM(UTC)
mommamiaria1

Was thanked: 255 time(s) in 238 post(s)

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

My husband & I had a plan when we got married 24 years ago. We both had decent jobs and bought a small house. Our older cars were paid off and we saved a little money in our savings account. When our daughter was born 4 years later with a large facial tumor & Juvenile Arthritis, our plans were forever changed. I gave up my career to care for her and to raise funds for her surgeries. We also ended up homeschooling her from grade 4 through high school. Surviving on one income was quite a challenge and we made many sacrifices along the way.

To make a long story short, we are in our 50's with 2 mortgages, $14,000 of debt(medical/credit card, etc.), no retirement and a daughter in college. $50,000 would just about cover everything including the much needed dental work I need to save my teeth.

I recently caught the sweepstakes bug when I entered the Lay's Do Us A Flavor Contest. You can read about my experience on my blog below. I'm so happy I found Sweepstakes Today. It's a great resouce & a wonderful group.

riasrants.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-flavors-i-savor-in-lays-do-us-flavor.html?spref=tw

Here are some websites that tell a little about our family's journey:

https://www.youtube.com/...UUzlUQ8doQwGR9V0R07E25lw (My family on You Tube. My husband never did see his car again)

indiegogo.com/projects/help-save-my-mom-s-smile-see-check-out-new-campaign-link/x/2498277

Thanks & good luck everyone. I hope all of your wishes & dreams come true.

Maria

chudder4444
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:26:44 PM(UTC)
chudder4444

Was thanked: 1067 time(s) in 895 post(s)

Thanks for sharing your story, and I wish you all the best and hope you win some great sweepstakes!!!!! Persistance pays off in this hobby, and you WILL win lots if you keep entering!!!

Jeff

$10,000 Club member since November 2008!
1 user thanked chudder4444 for this useful post.
mommamiaria1 on 8/3/2014(UTC)
mommamiaria1
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:35:31 PM(UTC)
mommamiaria1

Thanks Jeff. Now all I have to do is convince my husband that people do actually win these things. He thinks the big money ones are fixed since he doesn't personally know anyone that has ever won the big payouts. I'd love to prove him wrong & get us out of debt. I find that just being able to dream, helps a lot. Good luck to you too!

chudder4444;179226 wrote:

Thanks for sharing your story, and I wish you all the best and hope you win some great sweepstakes!!!!! Persistance pays off in this hobby, and you WILL win lots if you keep entering!!!

Jeff

chudder4444
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 1:10:26 PM(UTC)
chudder4444

Was thanked: 1067 time(s) in 895 post(s)

Back in 2006 when I started, I had doubts as to what could be won. I won a couple small things, $5 home depot gift card, and other little things. Then a few months into entering a got a phone call from the sweep administrator with Canon Shoots Like a Pro sweepstakes saying I was the weekly winner.... Canon Rebel Xti camera (about $900 arv), tickets to Miami Dolphins game, $400 binoculars, and that I was going to be ON the field DURING the game shooting with my new camera!!! This was on a Tuesday...on Thursday I got my package with camera, binoculars, tickets, etc. From that moment of opening that box on, I was a believer, and over the years I've won about 7 sweeps over $1000 along with MANY MANY MANY smaller wins. I'm getting close to $20,000 in wins over the years, haven't won a car or anything over $2500 yet, but I feel very blessed in all that I have won.

This site makes it SO easy to keep track of your sweeps and entering them with "My Lucky List". Sweepstakes Today runs the best sweeps out there, so you don't have to weed through a bunch of junk to find good ones!  Enter for anything and everything you're interested in winning....the wins will start coming in.

Good luck to you!!!

$10,000 Club member since November 2008!
mommamiaria1
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 2:09:36 PM(UTC)
mommamiaria1

We lived in South Florida for 25 years and were big Dolphin Fans, We're in Nashville, TN now. That's a great story and definitely encouraging. I understand my husband being skeptical about the big wins. I've never known anyone that won a big cash prize either. I'd love to be that person and you can't win if you don't enter. I love this site. It is so well run and very organized. Congratulations on all of your wins.

chudder4444;179230 wrote:

Back in 2006 when I started, I had doubts as to what could be won. I won a couple small things, $5 home depot gift card, and other little things. Then a few months into entering a got a phone call from the sweep administrator with Canon Shoots Like a Pro sweepstakes saying I was the weekly winner.... Canon Rebel Xti camera (about $900 arv), tickets to Miami Dolphins game, $400 binoculars, and that I was going to be ON the field DURING the game shooting with my new camera!!! This was on a Tuesday...on Thursday I got my package with camera, binoculars, tickets, etc. From that moment of opening that box on, I was a believer, and over the years I've won about 7 sweeps over $1000 along with MANY MANY MANY smaller wins. I'm getting close to $20,000 in wins over the years, haven't won a car or anything over $2500 yet, but I feel very blessed in all that I have won.

This site makes it SO easy to keep track of your sweeps and entering them with "My Lucky List". Sweepstakes Today runs the best sweeps out there, so you don't have to weed through a bunch of junk to find good ones!  Enter for anything and everything you're interested in winning....the wins will start coming in.

Good luck to you!!!