Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Questions to ask after winning
lab1982
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:33:22 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Are there any questions I should ask about winning an all expense paid trip plus cash?  For instance if I wanted cash instead of the trip?  Also any tips would be appreciated.  Thanks.

tuffie2
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:30:57 PM(UTC)
tuffie2

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 929 post(s)
You could ask for cash, but usually they won't allow that, unless it was in the rules... I would ask about travel from the airport to the hotel, if that was included.. If you wanted to stay an extra day and pay for the hotel, that also might be possible.. I'd make a list of my questions before I contacted them. Evie
sweepchaser2
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:57:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

lab1982;173242 wrote:

Are there any questions I should ask about winning an all expense paid trip plus cash?  For instance if I wanted cash instead of the trip?  Also any tips would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Depending on how much your win was for, for example, if it was over $600 or so, you always want to ask if they took taxes our of the winning you received, otherwise, come next april, the IRS might have something to say about it. Its stupid that the promotional companies don't tell you about this, but some companies take out the taxes prior to sending the winnings and other don't. Always ask for paperwork too or some kind of receipt if its for a big win.

About the switcheroo, It never hurts to ask, I've tried but they denied me when I wanted cash instead of my cruise. Always worth a shot. 

curmudgeon2
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:33:38 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 68 post(s)

Go back and re-read the rules. 

Ask them to email a copy if you don't have one.

Congrats.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot