Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

What is the best app/software to use?
anonymous6059
#1 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 11:06:13 AM(UTC)
anonymous6059

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 33 post(s)

I am running some addons using firefox right now to get my forms filled. It isn't the most accurate stuff but I can knock out 100 forms an hour. Do you think it would be even faster if I used roboform or some other software?

What is the best software for filling out sweepstakes?

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”-Seneca

2014-
$1000.00 CHEFScatalog.com Fall Giveaway

2015-
$100 Live Nation® Concert Cash®!

tuffie2
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 3:54:20 AM(UTC)
tuffie2

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 929 post(s)
Sounds like you are doing pretty well.. Most of us use roboform, but not sure what is the best. Each case is different of course...
curmudgeon2
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 5:18:34 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 68 post(s)

Google "form filler" and "passwod manager".  You'll find numerous companies providing form filler services.

Roboform is free, including the most recent version IF you limit your "logins" to 10.  That'll mean that you need to reuse  the same password over and over on different sweeps.    Alternately, you can get the paid version and have as many "logins" as you need. 

You might look at "lastpass". I think they might have a free version also.  I don't know if they also limit your logins on the free vesion (if any). 

I used Google autofill for years.  You can get it without Chrome, the Google Browser.  I switched to Roboform as it had more fields and would fill out forms more completely.  It didn't have an age field for example, so it couldn't fill that info on an sweeps entry whereas robo did and would.

You could download any form filler & try it.  If you're unhappy - uninstall it, unless of couse you choose a paid version.  Then you're stuck for a year, unless there's a free trial period.

You'll need to proof read, as form fillers occasionally make mistakes or leave fields blank.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot
anonymous6059
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 11:42:20 AM(UTC)
anonymous6059

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 33 post(s)

Thanks everyone! I am going to try roboform freeware version and see if its any better. I appreciate all the advice everyone, thanks again.

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”-Seneca

2014-
$1000.00 CHEFScatalog.com Fall Giveaway

2015-
$100 Live Nation® Concert Cash®!

GeezerGeek1
#5 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 9:30:21 AM(UTC)
GeezerGeek1

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I've been using both Dashlane and LastPass together for form filling and password management. I used RoboForm for several years (I own 3 licenses for RoboForm, including 2 for version 7, the current version) but I've switched over to Dashlane and LastPass and have uninstalled RoboForm. I especially had trouble using RoboForm with Chrome although they have improved the Chrome extension since the early days. I use both Dashlane and LastPass together without any conflict between the two but I use Dashlane for forms more often than LastPass because Dashlane is more interactive with forms and is usually easier and quicker to use. Both are free to use but both also have upgraded premium plans. If you go to the Dashlane site and sign up for the service you will get 1 month of the premium service free but if you use the following link, https://www.dashlane.com/en/cs/3baac7e1 , you will get six months of premium Dashlane service free. I'll also get six months free for the referral but after you sign up, you can get six months of premium service free for every referral you make, just like I'm attempting to do here. The free Dashlane version works just as well as the premium if you only use one PC but the premium version allows you to access your password/autofill data from multiple PC and smartphones. LastPass is good too and their premium service, which allows smartphone access, is only $12 a year.

Here is a URL for a PC Mag recent review of Password managers. http://www.pcmag.com/art...2/0,2817,2407168,00.asp They also rated LastPass and Dashlane as Editors Choice with RoboForm coming in third. From my experience, I disagree with their assessment that Roboform is the "most flexible" (whatever that means) for filling in forms. I think that Dashlane is much easier to use because you can click on any field on the form to autofill rather than having to make multiple clicks on the toolbar to autofill with either RoboForm or LastPass. Also, the price they list for Roboform is misleading because that price is for the first year only, after which it increases by $10 to $19.95. If you are paying for DashLane Premium, RoboForm Anywhere is a cheaper by $10 a year. I haven’t tired this but it would seem likely to me that you could use free Dashlane or RoboForm Desktop with a cloud sync service to avoid the annual fees of DashLane Premium or RoboForm Anywhere. (The is a one-time price of $29.95 for RoboForm Desktop instead of $19.95 per year for RoboForm Anywhere.) Another advantage with LastPass is that it also works in Linux which isn't true for RoboForm or DashLane.

Bottom line: If you want to stick with the free versions, both free versions of Dashlane and LastPass have more to offer than RoboForm which limits the number of logins you can store to ten. If you are using multiple PCs or a Linux, LastPass is still free. As I stated earlier, Dashlane is much easier to use than LastPass or RoboForm, especially in Chrome.

Hope that helps. If not Google “Password Managers” for more information and other folks point of view.