Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Pretty new to sweeping!
paigeywaigey12
#1 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 6:57:44 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Just wondering if I were to win, is the e-mail pretty easy to spot? I usually go through and delete all of the ads and thank yous for entering, just wondering what I might be looking for in the subject? 

Thanks so much!

anonymous6059
#2 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 10:25:03 AM(UTC)
anonymous6059

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 33 post(s)

I still haven't won anything myself but I have read that you really need to keep a close eye on your spam. A lot of winning emails will look like spam. It could be a scam too so be careful, but like I said I haven't won a dang thing yet lol.

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”-Seneca

2014-
$1000.00 CHEFScatalog.com Fall Giveaway

2015-
$100 Live Nation® Concert Cash®!

1 user thanked anonymous6059 for this useful post.
paigeywaigey12 on 9/4/2014(UTC)
dwarstler3
#3 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 10:50:56 AM(UTC)
dwarstler3

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)

Fortunately, I've been blessed with a number of wins over the years.  Some haven't been notifications through email but have been through a phone call instead, especially on the bigger prizes.  The emails have had everything from "You're a Winner" to "Congratulations" to "It's Your Lucky Day".  Bottom line . . . I scan through everything carefully, including my spam folder.  Being vigilant is the key, so you don't overlook a notification.  Good luck!  diane

1 user thanked dwarstler3 for this useful post.
philomena
#4 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 1:53:56 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 290 time(s) in 275 post(s)
My biggest win in 8 years of entering every day was in January this year. the win was $2013 from IGA from last years 2013 family and friends sweepstakes and I'm pretty sure the email only said IGA on it. Almost didn't open it and it went to spam.
1 user thanked philomena for this useful post.
ginger37
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 4:57:45 PM(UTC)
ginger37

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 50 post(s)

Read your subject lines, look for key words; congratulation, winner, lucky you. Always go through spam for the same. I have had notice at the bottom of an ad in emails, phone calls, USPS and FedEx. UPS is usually the prize itself.

Good luck and hope you win soon!

1 user thanked ginger37 for this useful post.
cwoehrle47
#6 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 10:19:56 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 725 time(s) in 717 post(s)
Yes you need to carefully check your email. I missed two emails for the same win. Then they called because I had not replied. Lucky for me that they did because the prize was a nine day trip to Belgium! including air, hotel, meals and tours. A woman's name was listed in the main line and the subject was the name of the sweep. Don't know how I missed it twice. but I did. Any way, we leave for the trip in three weeks so I guess I was truly lucky that they took the extra step to call me and that I won. You can be sure I am very careful when I check my email now!!

10,000.00 Club member since November 2015
1 user thanked cwoehrle47 for this useful post.
GeezerGeek1
#7 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 11:53:55 AM(UTC)
GeezerGeek1

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I would recommend that you have an email address that you only use for entering sweeps. Also, when you enter a sweeps, un-check any boxes that say anything about sending you additional information about a product or joining an email distribution list. For most contests, joining an email distribution list is optional, although a few will add you automatically. Even those that add you automatically, you can opt out of after receiving the first marketing email. Often, the rules of the sweeps will even tell you that you can opt out without effecting your chances of winning. Some sweeps send you an email every time you enter but I usually get accustomed to receiving and deleting those. So far, every email I've received notifying me of a win has been pretty apparent.

One other suggestion for Facebook entries. Facebook entries often require you to "Like" the site before entering a sweeps. When you like a site, Facebook automatically sets the "Following" flag. However, you can "Un-follow" a site without "Un-Liking" it and still enter the sweeps. Usually on those sites that require a "Like" for entry, I immediately "Un-follow" after the "Like". Otherwise, you will get a lot of posts to your Facebook news feed from all of the sweeps you have "Liked".
1 user thanked GeezerGeek1 for this useful post.