Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Has malware infected www.sweepstakestoday.com??
rb8892
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 9:35:08 AM(UTC)

Today, I clicked on the 'new sweepstakes' link on www.sweepstakestoday.com and a new Firefox tab opened for reimageplus website. There were 2 options boxes on the page (one was 'leave the page'). I clicked on that link but the page would not close.

Hopefully someone will check this out ASAP.

As of today I am having second thoughts about continuing to use www.sweepstakestoday.com.

mrsweepy
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:11:07 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

rb8892;180281 wrote:

Today, I clicked on the 'new sweepstakes' link on www.sweepstakestoday.com and a new Firefox tab opened for reimageplus website. There were 2 options boxes on the page (one was 'leave the page'). I clicked on that link but the page would not close.

Hopefully someone will check this out ASAP.

As of today I am having second thoughts about continuing to use www.sweepstakestoday.com.

We have not seen any problems of late as you describe.   Firefox has made some security changes this year with their security.  I suspect this might be what you are seeing.   I would suggest to check to see what your security setting is for Firefox.  If you have too high of a security setting in the browser.  The other thing to try is to change browsers and see if the problem exist. 

Last you might have run into a corrupt cookie.  I would suggest to clear out your cookies then log back in.   This might be the problem if Firefox is working then.

Mr. Sweeepy

1 user thanked mrsweepy for this useful post.
vonksr on 9/3/2014(UTC)
raidermom30
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:51:40 PM(UTC)
raidermom30

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)

No problems on my end. I've never had any problems with ST.

Reimage is generally bundled in with free software downloads. It is adware.

This tells you how to remove it: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/reimageplus-popup-virus/

sweeper35
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:35:48 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)

Yesterday I started getting a popup that says Microsoft PC Repair. It immediately starts trying to download.  I am trying to find a way to get rid of it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated because I am technology challenged when it comes to these issues.

curmudgeon2
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:33:26 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 68 post(s)

sweeper35;180290 wrote:

Yesterday I started getting a popup that says Microsoft PC Repair. It immediately starts trying to download.  I am trying to find a way to get rid of it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated because I am technology challenged when it comes to these issues.

Google this:

malwarebytes - free version

It'll sit dormant/inactive on your computer and won't do anything until you ask it to run a scan.  It won't interfer with any other security suite you're using.

I use Norton Internet Security and Malwarebytes located and removed malware that Norton missed.

You can also try Sophos Virus Removal Tool - it's free too.  It also sits inactive until you ask it to run a scan.  It has found and deleted malware that Norton missed.  Stanford and some other colleges make Sophos available to the students, though it's a different version. 

Google security suites.  There are many that you can download, run and then uninstall and they won't cost anything.  You don't want to keep two active security suites on your computer.  They'll often interfer with each other, so if you use one make sure to uninstall it when you're done.

Neither Malwarebytes or Sophos will interfer with your existing security suite, as they aren't "live" until you ask them to run a scan. When the scan is finished they'll go dormant again once you close them.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot
2 users thanked curmudgeon2 for this useful post.
vonksr on 9/3/2014(UTC), gizkok6 on 9/4/2014(UTC)
sweeper35
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:52:57 AM(UTC)

Thank you very much for all of this information. It was extremely thoughtful of you to respond with this much detail. I will give it a try.
vonksr
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:17:41 AM(UTC)
vonksr

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I am having the same problem.  The page that opens up is http://www.tuneuppro.com...5ubEO2E3y1MuP6G1xpgQw000.

I did as Mr. Sweepy suggested and deleted my cookies, but it still keeps coming up occationally.

I also ran Malwarebytes and it said no threat was found.  I'm running Microsoft Security Suite now.  Hope this gets solved soon. 

Thanks to everyone offering suggestions.

philomena
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:57:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 290 time(s) in 275 post(s)
I'm also getting that annoying tune up repair or maestro tune up. Something like that for the last several days and it's annoying and can't figure out haw to get rid of it.
SeesTheDay2
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:00:36 AM(UTC)
SeesTheDay2

Was thanked: 601 time(s) in 586 post(s)
Yes Ive caught something as well.
mariagail1
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:47:50 AM(UTC)

I'm receiving the Microsoft message as well.

sweeper35
#11 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 4:56:20 AM(UTC)

I ran malwarebytes - free version as curmudgeon2 suggested and it did not find anything. However, the Microsoft message hasn't popped up since I ran the malwarebytes. Hopefully the popup has disappeared. Thanks again curmudgeon2.
sweeper35
#12 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 9:55:23 AM(UTC)

I guess I spoke too soon. I went for over a day without the Microsoft thing popping up, but this afternoon when I clicked on the New Sweepstakes tab, it popped up again. It continued to pop up each time I clicked the New tab. I'll try Sophos and see if that works.
mrsweepy
#13 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 2:38:59 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

sweeper35;180357 wrote:
I guess I spoke too soon. I went for over a day without the Microsoft thing popping up, but this afternoon when I clicked on the New Sweepstakes tab, it popped up again. It continued to pop up each time I clicked the New tab. I'll try Sophos and see if that works.

We have not made any structural changes to NEW in years.  Maybe something cosmetic in appearance but even that has been a while.

I am thinking if you have run several security scans of your computer, the next likely problem is your privacy settings in your browser.  It is possible Firefox might have changed their settings for their browser or found something on a ST page that is setting off the security warnings.  I simply am guessing at this point.

I would try a different browser.  Go to Microsoft Explorer and see if you have problems.  If so, then the problem is on your computer. if not then the problem is Firefox.

Mr. Sweepy

DANELMS
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:45:09 PM(UTC)
DANELMS

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 25 post(s)

The malware is coming into my computer when I click on the above Mr. Sweepy Forum,  when I click on it I am getting all kinds of malware,  pc repair, update to Firefox etc.  I will not be coming back into the Mr. Sweepy Forum until the issue is solved.  I can enter my sweepstakes and go into other sections of this site without any problems.   I had just had my computer cleaned of the malware and come right back here and picked it up again.

curmudgeon2
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:12:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 68 post(s)

I have been using IE with no problem.  This AM I used Firefox and got the same pop-up that others are complaining about.  This happened (twice) when I moved from My lucky list to New sweeps. I cleared cookies etc. and returned using IE and got no pop-ups.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot
kickstand1
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:14:43 AM(UTC)
kickstand1

Was thanked: 366 time(s) in 341 post(s)

i use firefox exclusively for sweepstakestoday.  i have not had this problem.  hope you get it fixed.

What a Great Day!

Member of $10,000 Club since October 2009
mjgroesbeck
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:57:16 AM(UTC)
mjgroesbeck

I get hijacked to another page ONLY when I come to ST. It happens every day.
mjgroesbeck
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:10:09 AM(UTC)
mjgroesbeck

here's the site that hijacks/redirects me:

http://www.reimageplus.c...KYiFcW209ckrb1xuiGZ000.

It's called REIMAGE REPAIR and like I said in my previous post.  It only happens when I come to the ST site. 

diva101
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:38:03 AM(UTC)
diva101

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 39 post(s)

I use Chrome and have never had any problems from this site.

Good luck is a blessing from God..........