Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Switching Browsers
GeezerGeek1
#1 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 6:32:53 AM(UTC)
GeezerGeek1

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

For the past few weeks, I've been having trouble with the Chrome browser.  For no apparent reason, Chrome would freeze while I was entering sweeps.  There seemed to be no rhyme or reason as to when Chrome failed.  It didn't freeze in the classic sense of not responding to clicks but it would take forever to bring up a site.  One time, it brought up a site without the CAPTCHA entry box and still would not show the CAPTCHA box even when I refreshed the page.  Usually, I could close Chrome, restart it, and everything would be fine again for a while but shutting it down and starting it back up during the middle of entering sweeps got to be real annoying.

I went through all of the Chrome trouble shooting steps, clearing the cache, cookies, re-installing, etc. but the problems have persisted.  I've been using Chrome for several years and have generally been pleased with it but now I've started using FireFox instead. 

Fortunately, FireFox has improved a lot since I last used it.  In fact, two major PC magazine sites, PC World and PC Mag now rate FireFox as the top browser, surpassing Chrome which previously been the preeminent favorite for years. 

There are still some things I like about Chrome more than FireFox: LastPass integrates better with Chrome than FireFox but Dashlane works just as well in FireFox as it does in Chrome and I use Dashlane more often than LastPass for filling in forms and password management. 

Has anybody else had similar problems with Chrome?

chudder4444
#2 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 8:15:14 AM(UTC)
chudder4444

Was thanked: 1067 time(s) in 895 post(s)

I haven't had any problems lately with Chrome, but I almost exclusively use Firefox. Out of the three major browsers I've had the best luck with Firefox. It seems to work well with the most web sites and with Roboform. I didn't used to like Firefox, but it has drastically improved and it is the best of the 3 now, in my opinion.

$10,000 Club member since November 2008!
1 user thanked chudder4444 for this useful post.
A1Galloway on 10/8/2014(UTC)
sweeper35
#3 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 3:40:07 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
FF usually works well for me. When I have a sweep that doesn't work well on FF, I use Chrome. I currently have one sweep that doesn't work on FF, but works perfect on Chrome.