Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Looks like we made it-update
racergold71
#21 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 2:52:49 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 85 post(s)

Big time congratulations.... and a little jealous 

Biggest Wins:

Advance Moog 500 trip to Charlotte and NASCAR race $4000.00
Aspen Dental Smile for Vets Sweepstakes NASCAR race $3435.00
Corona Music Experience (picked concert in Brooklyn) $3250.00
Blue Moon Sweepstakes Colorado Ski Trip $2895.00
Steve Harvey Trip-A-Week 2 airline tickets $1500.00
Goodyear Driving Force Sweeps NHRA 2 VIP tickets $680.00
IPAD Mini $320.00
Frito-Lay Doritos BEATS headphones $245.00
Pro Camps UK John Calipari Basketball Camp $199.00
SHE FINDS Jan Marini Skincare system $190.00

1 user thanked racergold71 for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 8/25/2014(UTC)
SeesTheDay2
#22 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 4:47:43 AM(UTC)
SeesTheDay2

Was thanked: 601 time(s) in 586 post(s)
Congrats on a really neat win! What a great memory to build with your Grandson! Enjoy your trip and Welcome to the club!!!
1 user thanked SeesTheDay2 for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 8/25/2014(UTC)
eaglet11
#23 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 3:32:02 PM(UTC)
eaglet11

Was thanked: 275 time(s) in 249 post(s)

eaglet11;179062 wrote:

No, I'm not singing a Barry Manilow song, I am referring to joining the "Club". 

About a month ago, my laptop went to comptuter heaven and I have had to enter my sweeps from my itty, bitty 7" tablet, thus reduding the number of sweeps that I enter. Just got a new laptop and I can finally let you all in on my big news.

On Thursday, July 11, I received a UPS alert that a 1 lb package would be delivered on Friday, July 12 and it had to be signed for. Well, I was on vacation and would return Sunday, so, I knew that they would re-deliver. On Monday, I UPS delivered a large envelope.

Inside was a notification from Kellogg's/Meijer that I had won the Meijer-Kellogg's MLB World Series Sweepstakes that ended on June 30.  Sent the affi in right away, but won't know anything until the National and American winning teams are decided. Trip is for 2

Prize includes air, hotel, admission to World Series game, and a $350.00 prepaid MasterCard for meals, etc.. They are giving an ARV of $5,500.00, but all will depend on the final itinerary and where they need to fly us.

Took the papers to my Daughter's house and let my grandson read them and his eyes got real wide. He turned 18 last month and will be a senior in high school this year. I asked him, "Would you like to go with Grandma?" Needless to say, he will be going with me. This will be his first plane ride.

We live in W Michigan and all are huge Detroit Tigers fans-wouldn't that be something if they end up in the World Series!

Sorry if I rambled, I am so excited!!

I wish to thank all of the kind, helpful members here on ST, your friendliness has meant alot to me and is greatly appreciated.

(Now that I am back on a laptop, I need to catch up with all of your winnings for the last month and a half as there was no time to check on them with my tablet. Looking forward to reading all the posts)

Well, the 2 teams for the World Series are decided, and I received a call from the travel agent today. My grandson and I will be flying to San Francisco, California on Friday and willl be attending game 4 on Saturday. We will be staying at the Grand Hyatt Hotel only 4 blocks from the stadium. They gave my several options for flights, which was great, the other trips that I have won on ST set up the flights ahead of notifying me of the times. The agent even gave me all of the information about getting from the airport to the hotel, as this is not included. I live in Michigan, but grew up in Pa and have travelled all over the East, but have never been west of Michigan. Sorry if I am rambling, but I am sooooo..... excited. (My grandson is even more excited-he has never flown before, and with layovers in Chicago both ways, he will be on 4 different planes)

chudder4444
#24 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 4:56:18 PM(UTC)
chudder4444

Was thanked: 1067 time(s) in 895 post(s)

Wow, you must be so excited!!! Please post trip details when you get back, sounds like a blast!!!!!

$10,000 Club member since November 2008!
1 user thanked chudder4444 for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 10/17/2014(UTC)
eaglet11
#25 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 5:07:36 PM(UTC)
eaglet11

chudder4444;181792 wrote:

Wow, you must be so excited!!! Please post trip details when you get back, sounds like a blast!!!!!

Will do, chudder. My grandson has one of the newer smartphones, so he will take pictures (I still use a dumb phone, lol) Our flight schedule will leave us quite a lot of time for sightseeing, and the game does not start 'til 5 pm their time. And yes, I am sooo... excited!!!

tuffie2
#26 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 3:44:52 AM(UTC)
tuffie2

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 929 post(s)
So wonderful for you and your grandson... Will LOVE to hear all about it after you return.. Evie
1 user thanked tuffie2 for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 10/18/2014(UTC)
cubs2008
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 8:23:26 AM(UTC)
cubs2008

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
What a fabulous treat for both you and your grandson. Sure he will be talking about it for years to come. Should be an exciting Series. Have fun!!!
1 user thanked cubs2008 for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 10/18/2014(UTC)
mintyfresh2death
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:33:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Congrats from another Tigers fan. I hope you guys have fun.

1 user thanked mintyfresh2death for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 10/19/2014(UTC)
CRamlow1
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 5:50:02 AM(UTC)
CRamlow1

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 192 post(s)

Have fun with your grandson.

1 user thanked CRamlow1 for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 10/19/2014(UTC)
eaglet11
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:09:30 AM(UTC)
eaglet11

My daughter cried her eyes out as my grandson and I went through security at the airport Friday morning (Oct. 24). We were apprehensive, as my grandson had never flown before. About 10 minutes into the flight, he said, "I could do this all the time.".

Flights all went well, layovers in Chicago both ways, although we did experience heavy turbulence over the Rocky Mountains.

Arrived San Francisco Airport about 12:45 pm their time, took the Bart train under the bay to our hotel, which was right next door to Tiffany's and Saks 5th Ave. Upon entering our room, there was a welcoming message on the big screen TV with my name on it. Dropped off luggage, went to lunch, then walked and walked and walked until dark-I wanted us to experience this beautiful city up close and personal. Went down to the bay, took lots of pictures and visited with many locals. Stopped by the official MLB Giants fan shop to spoil the grandson. Among other things, he chose a really cool sweatshirt (my daughter has since informed me that she has had to pry it off of him so she could wash it, LOL).

Saturday morning we went to breakfast at a really neat 50's diner. It had black, white, and red tiles with Coke memorabilia all around, even had an old car parked inside and a vintage motorcycle perched above the cash register. All the oldies playing on the stereo and REAL milkshakes! Walked down to Fisherman's Wharf to check out all of the artisans and food booths. I shall never forget the aromas permeating from all that food being prepared outdoors! Stopped by a local artist to have our characature done-he has us dressed in bathing suits, diving off of the Golden Gate Bridge. (I am creating a shadow box with pictures from our trip along with this). Took a cable car back to the hotel to give our legs a rest as we would be walking back to the stadium for the 5 pm game.

What a fantastic looking stadium!!  Beyond the right field wall is the bay, boats of all sizes, from kayaks to yachts, park there in hopes of snagging a baseball hit over the wall. This group is known as the "splash nuts". Carlos Santana played his guitar to the

Star Spangled Banner. Our seats were very high up behind home plate, but, oh the view!! At one point, it downpoured, but we were under an overhang and did not get wet. Headline the next morning read, "After the rain, the Giants pour it on". They won 11-5.

We left our hotel a little early Sunday morning so that we could have breakfast at the airport (and do a little shopping). Arrived back in Grand Rapids about 11:45 pm. All of us on connecting flights from Chicago were minus our luggage, so we had to fill out claim forms, did not arrive home until 1:30 am. I did not have any checked luggage going out, but because of all of the goodies we bought, my overstuffed suitcase was not allowed as a carry-on, LOL.

I awoke on Monday around noon and picked up my mail to find the following from Friday to Monday mail: a Superman Lego prize, a full-sized Oil of Olay product from Allure, and 4 free product coupons. Ironically, the mail lady brought an envelope from Meijer yesterday that needed to be signed for, it was a $25 gift card from their Disney Princess sweep. Also receive and email yesterday that my 2nd glass from the Budweiser sweep will be arrriving tomorrow. Man do I love this hobby!!

If you should find teardrops on this post, it is because I cannot recount our memories without shedding some. I could not have chosen a better travelling companion. My grandson is 18, a senior in high school, and my first-born grandchild. We have always had that special bond.

Thank you, Mr Sweepy, for running such a trusted site. I am always bragging about ST, especially when talking to the skeptics who think that such things are only scams.

Thank you, fellow members of ST for always making me feel as if we are family. The assistance you give is so appreciated, and the humor has picked me up many times.

Wishing you all  GOOD LUCK and many BLESSINGS!!

Thank a Veteran today!

Yours very truly, 

ANN

marli23514
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:28:49 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Sweepstake wins (combined with trips) make unforgetable memories that you will enjoy discussing for years to come. Once again, congrat!

My family has enjoyed several trips and looks forward to many more.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

1 user thanked marli23514 for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 11/11/2014(UTC)
tuffie2
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 6:50:00 AM(UTC)
tuffie2

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 929 post(s)
Read every sentence of your post about the trip and really loved to hear that you and the grandson had such a fabulous time.. Neither of you will ever forget that and it will be a special bond you will carry forever.. Thanks so very much for sharing. And then you come home to more prizes waiting for you.. Evie
1 user thanked tuffie2 for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 11/11/2014(UTC)
2 Pages<12