Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Captchas
marli23514
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 11:20:40 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Mr. S:

I beg of you

"speak to the sponsors and/or the sweep designers about captchas."

I understand the necessity of them, but sometimes it takes 3 or 4 attempts.  Being too cute for their own good, the designers make them so difficult to read.

Complaining?  Sigh, yes, I am.

I really enjoy the sweeps and I do use many of the products from the sponsors.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

walton39
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 11:28:04 AM(UTC)
walton39

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 180 post(s)

Enlarging them helps some, but I've had some that are not readable even if you blow them up 200%. And clicking for another captcha sometimes makes it worse. I know they are discouraging computerized entries but in their process they are discouraging and losing some regular sweepers. Hang in there Marli. Sometimes these frustrations will pass in a few days.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

mrsweepy
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 11:59:00 AM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

I talk with three of the biggest agencies we work with closely about a number of things to improve their sweeps.  I have had a problem with some in the industry who do not understand much about sweepstakes but think they know than I do. After they see low click numbers then they start to listen.  This communication issue about how sweeps should work is a on going problem that I am fighting.

Mr. Sweepy

2 users thanked mrsweepy for this useful post.
eaglet11 on 11/1/2014(UTC), suzysdream on 11/3/2014(UTC)
marli23514
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 1:18:31 PM(UTC)
marli23514

mrsweepy;182212 wrote:

I talk with three of the biggest agencies we work with closely about a number of things to improve their sweeps.  I have had a problem with some in the industry who do not understand much about sweepstakes but think they know than I do. After they see low click numbers then they start to listen.  This communication issue about how sweeps should work is a on going problem that I am fighting.

Mr. Sweepy

Mr. S.:

Thank you for responding.

Hopefully, the sweepstake designers will understand, listen to you and us, and improve their captchas so they are more readable.

I try not to complain, but my brain and eyes hurt trying to decipher some of the captchas.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

philomena
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 1:59:20 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 290 time(s) in 275 post(s)
I sympathize with you on the captchas My vision gets so bad from M.S. I always have to refresh to get new ones several times. Sometimes I have to change captchas a dozen or more tries before just giving up.
mrsweepy
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 3:49:48 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

I hate them also for the same reason, my eyes are going bad and know I need new glasses. 

I will say the real problem behind captchas are the bad guys who still try to hack into the adminstrators sweeps.  I remember a long time ago just how bad it was before captchas and the bad guys nearly put ePrize out of business. It it wasn't for the bad guys on the net, there would be a far lower need for captchas.

Mr. Sweepy

rpkn2131
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 5:26:28 PM(UTC)
rpkn2131

Was thanked: 770 time(s) in 735 post(s)

I always have a magnifier at hand which sometimes helps but I'm thrilled when the numbers show up instead of letters!  Hope things change.    Beth

michaelmyers7
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:09:12 PM(UTC)
michaelmyers7

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 93 post(s)

mrsweepy;182212 wrote:
 This communication issue about how sweeps should work is a on going problem that I am fighting.

Mr. Sweepy

Kick sum butte!

CatShaw54
#9 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 2:52:48 AM(UTC)
CatShaw54

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)

Maybe captchas are a necessary evil but surely they can be made more user friendly?

Also, I always appreciate it when a daily sweeps allows you to enroll once with a captcha and then afterwards they recognize you by your email address.The following sweep asks you to click for a "golden ticket" each day, a number which is easily pasted into the form. That seems innovative and fairly easy:

http://www.sweepstakesto...olden-ticket-sweepstakes

I would hope that these sweepmeisters think carefully about how they design their daily sweeps. Simplify the entry process as much as possible. After all, they want people to look at their branding every day with a positive outlook. Horrific captchas, videos, and boring, time-consuming games are tedious for the entrant and reflect badly on the brand.

I personally wish they'd quit asking us to earn more entries by "sharing" with a unique code. That system leaves itself wide open for abuse. There are people who run sweepy Facebook pages with thousands of members and what do they do? They provide their own personal entrant code in order to clock up entries for themselves. 

marli23514
#10 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 4:34:41 AM(UTC)
marli23514

I repeat:  I understand the need for captchas.  All I am requesting is legibility of numbers or letters.