Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

WHY DO i STAY????
mimireco
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:47:44 PM(UTC)
mimireco

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 10 post(s)

I haven't won a dang thing in four years.  Guess it's time for a long break.

philomena
#2 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 3:14:34 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 290 time(s) in 275 post(s)
I also go years without winning. Hopefully a nice win is coming soon. Good luck.
coralraven1
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 7:03:23 AM(UTC)
coralraven1

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 319 post(s)

Because our Sweepy family is wonderful.  Hang in there and hopefully you'll have a big one soon.  Also, love the avatar... your dog looks just like the one my mom used to have.

GL

Blackhorse1
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 6:37:08 PM(UTC)
Blackhorse1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Right there with ya, mimireco! I've entered thousands of sweeps and have never gotten a big win, just silly stuff like pistachio-shaped earmuffs and a collapsible water bottle. Exasperating!
Loving the thrill of the hunt!
newport77
#5 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 3:10:41 AM(UTC)
newport77

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 72 post(s)

It is a good thing to take a break when entering does not bring you joy. If you are entering and feeling mad or depressed that you have no wins... that negative energy just pushes away your luck. Take a break.... and come back when you feel rested. It is a vacation of sorts for working so hard on entering...  when you return you will feel refreshed and positive and ready to win again.

2 users thanked newport77 for this useful post.
flytrap on 3/28/2016(UTC), rennie60 on 7/2/2017(UTC)
rpkn2131
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 10:47:44 AM(UTC)
rpkn2131

Was thanked: 770 time(s) in 735 post(s)

Taking a break is a good thing. Just say so long and not goodbye and come back to us. You will feel reguvinated. Hobbies should make you smile. That will happen for you. You just need a breather. Good luck.   Beth

$10,000 Club member since June 2012!!
1 user thanked rpkn2131 for this useful post.
flytrap on 3/28/2016(UTC)
marli23514
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 10:58:22 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

A break can always give us a new perspective (spelling) on our hobby.

Truth be told, I have had those times when I grouched around the house because my wins were down or non-existant.  I have even won something one day and grumbled the next day because I did not win.

When that happens, I break out the chocolate and munch away.  I may go to the movies just to get away from the computer.

On the other hand, I have several ST friends that share their wins and that is second best to winning myself.

GL  Hoping your next post is A REALLY BIG WIN.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

1 user thanked marli23514 for this useful post.
rennie60 on 7/2/2017(UTC)
mommamiaria1
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 5:48:01 AM(UTC)
mommamiaria1

Was thanked: 255 time(s) in 238 post(s)

I totally understand what you are feeling. After I saw your post I reviewed the contests that I have won and noticed something about all of them. We have 3 adults that enter contests in our household. We only enter the contests with a prize that we truly want and need. My husband & daughter are not very active. I find that I enter more contests during the summer and fall. As far as major prizes go, in 3 years my husband won one tool valued around $1,000 and he had to enter daily and write a reason as to why he needed that tool with each entry. Our daughter won one trip for 2 days valued at $2,500 and had to write an essay and provide photos which were then voted on by the company offering the sweepstakes. They both won a few very small prizes(t-shirt, candy bar, movie tickets) over that 3 years as well. I won a few more small ones because I entered more but the 2 contests that I won that were a little more substantial(none over $5,000) were voting contests that I really had to work hard for. I had to write, create, provide pics, etc. and most of them involved voting. That was the common factor amongst all of our wins. Lots of work, creativity and perseverance. One voting contest I entered and lost was absolutley heartbreaking. I have always taken contest results and life in general with a grain of salt and a positive attitude but I thought I would never enter another contest after losing that contest. A few weeks of crying, a deep breath and I was back to entering sweeps again. I really do love it and I love being creative. I think it's all about believing in the possibilities and what if's. It's nice to dream.

I am an optimistic person and I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. I continue to enter contests always with one thing in mind, "you can't win if you don't enter". Sweepstakes Today is great because I get to see first hand that real people really do win contests and I love to see someone win. It always gives me hope. I enter them all first thing in the morning and go on with my day. I am consistant and feel whatever happens, happens. I will tell you that I tried something a little different last year and used a different email address and that seemed to help a little bit. I never win instant win sweepstakes though. I try entering different times of the day and it never matters so like I mentioned earlier, I just get my contest entries done first thing. Take a break if you need it or enter less. You will win again. Hang in there.

mimireco;186728 wrote:

I haven't won a dang thing in four years.  Guess it's time for a long break.

winter999
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 10:43:45 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 47 post(s)

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

fishrmn100
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 3:24:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 100 post(s)

Keep the faith! Things always seem to happen when you least expect it.