Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Prize has never shipped
Rimartin1
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:51:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Back in June 2016, I was notified of winning a month nthky sweepstakes for Southwest Airlines. It was supposed to be a Yeti cooler with some extra promo stuff. I returned the affidavit and have not received the prize. I sent an email in September to the organizer of the sweepstakes and was told that the prize is on back order and they will contact me when it becomes available. And now, they won't respond to my emails at all. As irritated as I am about not getting my prize, I'm twice as livid about signing that affidavit and possibly having to pay taxes for it. Is there a federal oversite agency that regulates internet sweeps? Like the FCC? Can anyone advise me where to turn next?
rpkn2131
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 1:44:25 PM(UTC)
rpkn2131

Was thanked: 770 time(s) in 735 post(s)

Sorry to hear about this issue. I wish I could help but my only idea would be to contact Mr. Sweepy. He would most likely know who to contact. Here's his email- sweepstakestoday@cox.net.

Good luck and I hope you get your prize. I won a Yeti cooler in a sweeps and it is an awesome product. 

Beth

$10,000 Club member since June 2012!!
curmudgeon2
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 2:33:32 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 68 post(s)

The regluatory agency is the Federal Trade Commission - https://www.ftc.gov/faq/...mer-complaint-ftc. 

There are typically 2 companies involved in a sweepstakes.  The Sponsor and the Promoter (administrator).  The Sponsor provides the prize(s) and contracts with the Promoter to design, manage and promote the sweep.  The rules will usually tell you who is who.

You've probably been communicating with the Promoter.  You might try a Google search for the Sponsor and send them an email also.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot
sparky725
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:14:25 AM(UTC)
sparky725

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I agree with curmudgeon2. I hope you get your prize soon. I have had to contact a company on social media via twitter and facebook to get a prize this summer. I would try everything else first but what I did also worked.