Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Honestly, do people cheat?
4Sissy
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 12:45:52 PM(UTC)
4Sissy

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 64 post(s)

I sometimes look at a few other contest sites and there are people that win several times in one week.  Sometimes they are big wins!   I don't want to know how to cheat, I don't believe in cheating, but is it truly possible?

I can't believe that there are people so lucky that they win a $15,000 trip and a $2,000 prize in one week (for example).  One site, which I like to check, has people that seem to be luckier than a four leaf clover at the end of a rainbow!  Oh my!  I'm jealous if they are truly that lucky.

Just curious if anyone has heard of cheating.  (Again, please don't tell me how if it is possible!)  

Good luck all!  Keep on sweeping. Sorry for the dumb question.  

kevin317
#2 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 3:50:52 AM(UTC)
kevin317

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I can't respond to the cheating thought I do believe people do cheat by getting around the various rules in who knows what ways.  I think that is a give-in.  There will always a group of people who try to gert around rules anywhere.  As far as the "wins" many people post in some sites, I don't always beleive them. I agree that there seems to be some folks on sites that seem to say they win all the time.  I read on one site recently that this one person "claims" they win on aerage 4 times a week and they also claimed that in the past 4 years they won 10 plus sweeps valued at $10,000.  No proof, no names of the sweeps, just words.  I just do not listen to that.  I just keep plugging away crossing my fingers I will be fortunate enought to win again.  

marli23514
#3 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 5:33:54 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Maybe, could be, possible.  Life has some participants who want to get around or break the rules so sweepstakes probably has some too.  If extra-ordinary win reports sound too good be true, then I take that with caution.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

newport77
#4 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 5:35:38 AM(UTC)
newport77

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 72 post(s)

Did you hear on the news just a couple of days ago about the older couple where the man won 1 million dollars with a scratch off ticket... and his wife was just notified that she won a million dollars from publishers clearing house!!  Now that is just plain GOOD LUCK... some people just are luckier than most... and I know in this hobby there are some people who enter and just win a lot.  It is not alway cheating.  Just plain good luck and ENTERING. 

4Sissy
#5 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 1:22:30 PM(UTC)
4Sissy

Thanks for the replies.  As I said in my question, I just can't imagine winning so big so many times.   

Here is hoping we all win something soon!   Good luck to all!

debsegs01
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 4:01:33 AM(UTC)
debsegs01

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 117 post(s)

Also remember that some people do nothing all day but enter whatever they can find.  I'm lucky to get in an hour or two a day.

mrsweepy
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:37:43 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

4Sissy;206923 wrote:

I sometimes look at a few other contest sites and there are people that win several times in one week.  Sometimes they are big wins!   I don't want to know how to cheat, I don't believe in cheating, but is it truly possible?

I can't believe that there are people so lucky that they win a $15,000 trip and a $2,000 prize in one week (for example).  One site, which I like to check, has people that seem to be luckier than a four leaf clover at the end of a rainbow!  Oh my!  I'm jealous if they are truly that lucky.

Just curious if anyone has heard of cheating.  (Again, please don't tell me how if it is possible!)  

Good luck all!  Keep on sweeping. Sorry for the dumb question.  

On the cheating question, there were some that tried maybe 12 to 15 years ago. This was before there were online security programs and other methods to protection build in to the sweepstakes and databases.  Now all sweepstakes administrators use multiple methods of verifing the winners.  Most common is I.P. Address checking for multiple entries. So, some dummies can try but they will get caught.

Mr. Sweepy

mrsweepy
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:56:00 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

On the second part of your question about big winners, let me say this.  I would say that ST has the most. Many don't post about their big wins and many more don't post about their small or medium size wins.  Many are to busy entering a new sweep to win.

On this general question of who wins big, luck has nothing to do with who win multiple sweeps.  What does make a difference is total enteries. I have been tracking ST GP winners now for many years. During this time we have massed between 1 and 2 billion online entries. We have over 370 $10K Club members. The average $10K Club member has won between $30,000 and $40,000 in winnings.  We have 4 or 5 that have won over $100,000 in ST sweepstakes.   The average $10K member enters between 25 to 50 sweeps a day with the largest averaging over 300 entries per day.  The later are the ones that have won over $100,000.

This is why I say sweeping is about numbers and not lucky. Get the entries in and their is a good chance you will join the club. 

Mr. Sweepy

krush78
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 11:03:11 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Thanks for the pep talk mrsweepy. I've had a pretty long dry spell lately and sometimes when you're not winning it makes it seem foolish to just keep doing the same thing over and over again. I'll just keep chugging away hoping for a change in the winds.

4Sissy
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:45:09 PM(UTC)
4Sissy

Thanks for the inspiring words and the great site Mr. Sweepy!!!!!!!

Again, sorry for the dumb question, but I do appreciate all of your answers.   GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

1froglegs
#11 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 11:58:38 AM(UTC)
1froglegs

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 26 post(s)

You should also take into account the existence of the "internet big shot". There are no doubt people who lie about all the wins they have amassed.  If you keep seeing the same person winning massive prizes consistently, they are likely a pathological liar.  On a sweeps website they are the luckiest person in the world. On a pet oriented website they save a basket of kittens from a raging river on a daily basis. They are the Forrest Gump of the internet. If something big happens they were always the catalyst.

burrenb8
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 3:06:37 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Last year 2017 was one of the worst years of winning for me not even 1/2 of the wins I had in 2016. Yet in 2015 there was one day I received 5 emails of wins. It is just the luck of the draw

mrsweepy
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:43:31 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

1froglegs;207009 wrote:

You should also take into account the existence of the "internet big shot". There are no doubt people who lie about all the wins they have amassed.  If you keep seeing the same person winning massive prizes consistently, they are likely a pathological liar.  On a sweeps website they are the luckiest person in the world. On a pet oriented website they save a basket of kittens from a raging river on a daily basis. They are the Forrest Gump of the internet. If something big happens they were always the catalyst.

I do know of a couple of the "big shots" you refer to.  However I don't see any one ST that is active.  I can tell by see what a member does on ST and I will call them out.  I don't want this to happen here.  For example if a member says they have a handful of affy wins on ST and yet they were not members at the time, then I know it was incorrect.  I will say I have seen two giant wins on the net then they joined ST and become active members. I told them they are not in the $10K Club but was a welcomed member to the site.

There are some on the net or more aligned to other websites that I do question. These people I don't want as member on ST or to give advice to ST members.

Mr. Sweepy