Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
reCAPTCHA is annoying!
curmudgeon2
#22 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 1:48:17 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 68 post(s)

Originally Posted by: defly1956 Go to Quoted Post

jffryclough!!

oh my gosh!!  I didn't realize reCAPTCHA was by Google!  I have Gmail and they switched to a NEW and BETTER Gmail and it's been the pits!!!  You have to sign in at least two times to get into your email.  They have totally messed up their email system!  This makes so much sense now!!  They have no idea what they are doing!  I'm so glad you posted this!  Gmail is horrible now!  

Wow!!!

You can go back to the old (Classic) gmail.  Click on the gear at the top right and then select "go back to classic gmail" at the top of the drop down. 

Google bought recaptca in 2009.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot
defly1956
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 12:10:38 AM(UTC)
defly1956

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)

curmudgeon2,

I switched back to the classic gmail after jffryclough posted.  Once I saw the complaints from all the other gmail users I realized it wasn't going to be fixed anytime soon.  Plus now the reCAPTCHA isn't working at all!  When you click on it it just gets check marked so you don't have to do anything.  Now it's not in the annoying mode but it's now in the unsafe mode because it's allowing scammers to get through and win everything.  Google needs to get their act together!!  

jffryclough
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 2:42:54 AM(UTC)
jffryclough

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)

well google won't reply so i'm taking the fight to the sponsors and hope others will do the same.  on facebook i tell them that the security 'captcha' is broken and we can't access their sweeps giving the impression of a 'rigged' sweep. and add that this has been a problem for some time that google won't address.  and i hope that the sponsors can light a fire under them or trash the program altogether.   any and all help will be much appreciated.  make it work or trash it.

summerstorm59
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 8:08:54 AM(UTC)
summerstorm59

Was thanked: 682 time(s) in 655 post(s)

to all of you still having a problem, unplug your router if your using one and leave it unplugged over night, i was having a problem for weeks and didn't want to unplug mine because there are 4 other computers on it, one a gamer, but i got tired of not being able to enter, so two days ago i unplugged it and now no problem with recaptcha, i use fire fox.

STARTED JAN 8 2008
BIGGEST WIN
COKE REWARDS DISNEY TRIP $4011.00 DEC 2013
JOINED THE 10.000 CLUB 04-01-2015
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Pages<12