Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

what are the normal questions asked upon winning?
alotaoops1
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:48:37 AM(UTC)

when being notified of a win via telephone what questions do they ask?  do they ever request ss number over the phone?  what about through email?  the phone seems questionable as really no way of knowing whos calling. just curious as to what questions are asked.. thanks 

rpkn2131
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:57:49 AM(UTC)
rpkn2131

Was thanked: 770 time(s) in 735 post(s)

Hi. I have been notified mostly through email but my most recent win was a trip which they emailed AND called. I've never been asked my SS# over the phone. In my experience all forms are emailed such as the affadavits and tax forms. That is when you submit your SS#. Many wins over a $600 might require a notary. After filling out documents, I was able to email them but sometimes the company wants the originals so I send them with signature required so that I have proof that they received it. Getting emails on your wins are so exciting but I have to say that the phone calls are the best in my opinion. Years ago I won a trip to the Grammys and on my caller ID it showed CBS so I knew it had to be a winning call! Anyway, I hoped I've helped in some way. If you're nervous about receiving a call just do this- ask them what the name of the sweepstakes is, their name and ask them to confirm your email address. DO NOT give out your SS#. There is no need for them to ask that. Good luck and I hope to see wins posted from you here on the forum! Happy sweeping!

Beth

$10,000 Club member since June 2012!!
alotaoops1
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:38:13 AM(UTC)

thank you again

krush78
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:32:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

My biggest win was from Travel Meredith for a trip to South Dakota. When they called me they asked for my Social Security Number. I told them that I was uncomfortable just giving that out over the phone. The lady I was talking to was very understanding and after talking to her for a while and asking her a few other questions I went ahead and gave it to her. It was a win and I did go ahead and give them my social over the phone, but even though its been over 4 years it still bothers me that they would even ask that over the phone.