Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Is using Ad block detrimental?
coffeecup38
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 9:35:02 AM(UTC)
coffeecup38

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I have noticed a huge decrease in my wins and wonder if Adblock on Chrome is affecting this.  My losing streak seems to have started since I began using it. I block it on my lucky list because I believe it helps Mr. Sweepy to get the benefits the ad clicks, but I allow it on the entry page of the sweepstakes. Anyone else?

Proud member of the $10,000 club!
bobbylh01
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:00:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 264 time(s) in 202 post(s)

I quit using adblock a couple months ago. I even changed browser to Firefox. Zero wins since doing that. In over 10 years of sweeping, 2018 was my worst year. I won about $250 in prizes. I did win $1,000 by submitting the right code word on family fued.

I'm beginning to believe that the veteran sweepers are being X out. 

Hey, we joined sweepstake today about the same time. 

Good luck

coffeecup38
#3 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 2:58:12 AM(UTC)
coffeecup38

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hi Bobby, thanks for your comment. I'm glad you won $1000 from family fued. Although my winning slowed way down last year,  I guess I can't complain because I won a 55" curved Samsung TV a couple of years ago. I don't think we are being X-d out, but nothing surprises me anymore. Good luck to you in 2019 too!

Proud member of the $10,000 club!
Kendassa00
#4 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 8:48:02 PM(UTC)
Kendassa00

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)

I refuse to use the internet with no adblock. I have won two sweeps this year.. one was the grandprize package in a tailgate pepsi sweeps (I think.. got no notification.. prizes just started showing up.. and all are here except one prize in the package)..  I have only been sweeping a few years.. read about it for a year or two then started really trying. Have had steady years every year depending on my effort... I have had the flu to start this year off so have been lazy.. so am hoping for a good year...

I average smaller wins mostly but I won a Dyson vacuum last year and the year before my xbox one.. and this year the tailgate package was $500 and was a cornhole board and canopy I can sell easy enough.. and usually get a few $200 or $100 giftcards I can sell.. and with me being disabled it is nice to feel I can do something with my time.

Since I got to rambling, adblock has made no difference, at least for me

dwarstler3
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:21:39 AM(UTC)
dwarstler3

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)

I use Ad Block Plus; cannot imagine using the Internet without it.  I've won several things this year already; nothing huge, but a couple of nice things nonetheless.  I doubt that the use of Ad Block has anything to do with winning.  I chalk up my lack of significant wins to the fact that there are so many thousands of people now entering sweeps.

GLTA! -- diane