Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

added avatar & apologies
softie
#1 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 11:40:02 PM(UTC)
softie

Finally, I've added an avatar.  It's our chihuahua, affectionately known as Gita.  (Nicknamed for for the slushy Margarita!  ... A few years ago, my family set me up for a new puppy, and I was an easy mark.  They still laugh about it!)  We love our Gita and our kitty equally, but the dog sits for photos.

On another note, I'm sorry I have not been able to cheer on so many of my ST friends for the many wins you've posted over the last couple of months.  School started at the end of August, and that occupies most of my days (nights, weekends, and holidays too!  Federal law requires No Child Left Behind: there is no law to protect teachers who have to push, pull, and drag kids to the finish line with mountains of redundant paperwork to document these efforts but I digress...) Anyway, I've been up to my eyeballs with classroom responsibilities.  To compound the situation, for the last 3 weeks I've been wheelchair and housebound as a result of surgery on my achilles tendon.  You'd think I would have had more time on the keyboard, but it was hard to get to the computer, and was even harder to concentrate with meds etc.  It was all I could do to keep up with the substitute, revised lesson plans (etc) and e-mails from school.

And so I'd like to apologize for not being as supportive as I would have like to be... Please forgive me - I haven't done a whole lot of sweeping as of late, and I definitely haven't been able to visit the forums as much as I would have liked.   I feel like I owe so many of you a shout out: you've always been so supportive of my efforts, and I would have like to return that in some small way.    I'd like to offer my sincere congrats to all winners for prizes big and small alike.  I know the thrill of the little wins, and am glad this morning to see there have been wins of all sizes for many sweepers!  What good news for Sweepstakes Today community!

Wishing all of you continued good luck and many happy hours of sweeping...  ~d

marli23514
#2 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 11:58:25 PM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Hi Softie:  Missed you and your kind postings.  Love your avatar.  Dogs rule and cats too.  I finally dumped my shadow figure and added an avatar.

Sorry to hear of your ambulatory problems.  Get better soon so you can race around the room performing the winning happy dance.

We have all been busy sweeping, congrating (is there such a word), and cheering on those who are experiencing minor discouragement.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

salvickie
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 12:29:19 AM(UTC)
salvickie

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Sofite - We have missed you and all I can say is "God bless the teachers"!  Hope you have a speedy recovery and have lots of wins now that you are back!  Whenever Iam  sick or recuperating I always think I can catch up on my reading or computer, etc.  but usually you just don't feel up to it!  Anyway, whenever our sweeps buddies are MIA we know you are with us in spirit.  I am taking care of my very ill parents right now and don't always have time to post either, but I am also with the members in spirit!

P.S.  Love your avatar!!  Cute name!

BarbaraF3
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 2:19:55 AM(UTC)
BarbaraF3

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)

Hi Softie  I applaud you for teaching.  Don't know how you teachers do it today.  I went to a private school and we didn't get out of line.  Today they use their computers at school to enter contests.  I just don't understand that.

freichick
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 6:28:40 AM(UTC)
freichick

As a teacher, too, softie, I completely empathize.  I know it is actually more work to be away from school than it is to be at home. A lot of people don't understand all the work that goes into NOT being at school.   I try to be away from school as little as possible, but when you have to be gone a good sub makes life much easier.  Good luck in your healing process!   

Linda 

freichick
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 6:30:03 AM(UTC)
freichick

I just read my post--it is more work to be away from school than it is to be at school.  And my mind isn't even addled from surgery or meds!!!

MindySue963
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 6:42:57 AM(UTC)
MindySue963

Okay, well I don't know how either of you make it as teachers. I went to school for it, and tried part time student teaching for a semester, and I wanted to shut myself in a closet until the day was over. Seriously, how do you teach someone to read, or how to do new math? Sheesh, but thanks for teaching the rugrats, and bless you both for your patience. And welcome back too! Hope the leg gets better, but I am sure your meds are duling the pain enough for you.

New Month with New Sweeps, Get to Entering 'Yall, and GLE1!

Mindy

brig3u
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 7:30:29 AM(UTC)
brig3u

Nice to see you again, Softie....you've been missed!  Hope you're mending quickly and things get back to "normal" for you (if things can ever really be normal when you're in charge of all those kids [;)]

Brig

softie
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 5:52:58 PM(UTC)
softie

Wow!  I didn't expect so many comments - I was just trying to post avatar and apolgize for not being online for your folks.  I guess I let my mind take a detour and wander off when I said school started in August.  I hope I didn't leave you with the wrong impression - I truly LOVE teaching my 14 year olds.  Prepping and working for (with) them is so rewarding, and I never regret or begrudge that time.  I just don't agree with the No Child Left Behind law, and the inordinate amount of time it takes to document every effort on paper.  The kids are the best part of the day!  Really!

Thanks to all of you for kind words.  Gita is loving the ink and publicity!   

Here's hoping pup's Fed Ex guy has a GPS in his truck and knows his way around this big country of ours...  He's got a lot of delivering to do to the many ST winners!  (We'll have to get him something nice for the holidays!  LOL)

Happy Sweeping and glta!  ~d

michaelmyers7
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:01:00 PM(UTC)
michaelmyers7

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 93 post(s)

Well good 4 u! :)

BEARX
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 1:06:11 AM(UTC)
BEARX

BEAUTIFUL AVATAR ---softie**********ThankYou Again For Sending Me The Message On Christmas**********
michaelmyers7
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:18:26 AM(UTC)
michaelmyers7

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 93 post(s)

way cute softie :)

BEARX
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:29:28 AM(UTC)
BEARX

After You Geat A------- AVATAR---PLEASE COME TO ------QUESTIONS OF THE MONTH------JUST HAVE TO ASK------QUESTION,,,,,,,AND LET US KNOW........................ThankYou,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bearx......