Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Anyone else having problems with Firefox?
hostaaddict
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:01:06 AM(UTC)
hostaaddict

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 99 post(s)

Is it just me or is something wrong? The last two days, I have had to use IE for many sweeps in order to get them to submit.  Some times, there is no submit box.  When I turned on my computer this morning, it asked me if I wanted to update Firefox and I didn't do it.  Now I wonder if I need to.  The last time I updated I started having problems getting some of the sweeps to show and had to switch back and forth to IE. I think I remember a couple others here having that same problem.  I love firefox when it is working right, but am frustrated today. Is anyone else having trouble getting a submit box to show up?

kickstand1
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:19:12 AM(UTC)
kickstand1

Was thanked: 366 time(s) in 341 post(s)

I use firefox exclusively for the sweeps, and have not encountered any problems with it.  I update it automatically, so I don't have to do it myself - and maybe screw it up!  Good Luck!

What a Great Day!

Member of $10,000 Club since October 2009
walton39
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:40:29 AM(UTC)
walton39

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 180 post(s)
Good afternoon Hostaaddict. I thought of you a few weeks back while visiting Buchart Gardens in Victoria,BC. They really had some nice big ones like your avatar. Re: your trouble with Firefox. You might want to clear some of your history out. Click on Tools, select Options, Select Privacy, and near the bottom of the page you'll see "Ask me before clearing private data". Click, "Clear Now" This may help with your problem. Also, sometimes I will have the problem with the submit button now showing up. Sometimes I will just scroll the page down a little further and the submit button appears.And, sometimes I'll just click "Reload Current Page" (in case you don't know it, there is a blue arrow pointing clockwise up top to the right of the address bar) just click on that blue arrow and the page that you have up at the time will reload. Hope this helps. Happy Sweeping !!
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

hostaaddict
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 9:18:06 AM(UTC)
hostaaddict

Walton:  I have been to Buchart Gardens many years ago.  In fact it was in the 60's.  It was glorious!  I am sure I would appreciate them even more so now that I am older. I still have the pics I took and have them scanned and online now.  I smile every time I look at them.   At that time I didn't appreciate hostas so I'm sure I passed them by.  Now I have about 425 different varieties in my garden, and love them.  I often wonder what some people think of my name.  I changed it to enter sweeps as a couple sweeps said it wasn't acceptable  LOL! 

Thanks for the info on Firefox and I will give that a try.  I figured it was probably just me.  I do refresh, etc and sometimes can just hit enter on keyboard, but last few days it is getting frustrating.  I'm sure my 'puter needs cleaned out after all the sweeping I have done.  Thanks again to you and kickstand for the replies. It helps to know if others are having problem or not.

walton39
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 9:29:58 AM(UTC)
walton39

Wow, and I thought I had lots of rose bushes at only 50. But, they require more care, probably, than your hostas. Of course, I have many many more flowers than just the roses. Then, right in the middle of it all I have an area that I once had all full of succulents,but with the grandkids visiting I didn't want them getting stuck with all the stickers,so I planted that area full of tomatoes and cantaloupes this year
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

hostaaddict
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 9:45:28 AM(UTC)
hostaaddict

Wow!  I love roses, but I pretty much gave up on them.  I have one huge Meidland bush that does well, but here in Iowa the winters can be rough on them.  Succulents, I love, but I tend to kill them with kindness.  A friend of mine owns a greenhouse and he has cement birdbaths filled and mounded with sand/soil and then planted with succulents.  They look fantastic. He keeps them inside out of the weather. Right now with all my hostas I have lots of daylilies, a few Asiatic lilies, and few other perennials.  We have quite a lot of shade which makes it hard to grow flowering plants. Today was in the 90s and humidty very high.  I couldn't even pull weeds.

I tried to clear out with Firefox but it doesn't respond.  Just sits there and I get window "program not responding".  I will have to get our son over to do it.  He's an IT manager, but busy all the time and I hate to bother him.  thanks for the help tho.  Happy Gardening!

walton39
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 11:50:30 AM(UTC)
walton39

Hey,Hosta I just noticed that we both joined ST only a couple of weeks apart. Enjoyed your gardening note. I'm in Northern Calif. where I can have a few rose bushes blooming at one time or the other almost year round. But these 107 degree days like today and tomorrow don't let the blooms last very long. Hey, If you'd like to swap garden pictures just send them to me at walto39@hotmail.com.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

hostaaddict
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:26:13 PM(UTC)
hostaaddict

Just might do that!  We gardeners love to share pics.