Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Instant Win Question
aggiemommy
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 12:05:57 AM(UTC)
aggiemommy

Is there any truth to the notion that entering instant wins at odd hours increase your chances of winning?  TIA
mrsweepy
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 5:35:12 AM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

The short answer is NO on a daily basis.  However in some instant win sweeps where the sponsor is giving away so many prizes per day, you would be better off to enter in the first part of the day instead of waiting to the last hour. From what I have heard there are mathematical formulas and programs that will pick the winners by random. From what I have heard and studied, the “weighting” for instant win prizes in heavier in the first part of the day. The difference would not be big and only slight at best.

However with Grand Prizes this is a different story in instant wins.  Most grand prizes are picked randomly in the last half of the sweep. I read the comments a long time ago for a programmer who set up instant wins.  He basically said it is in the interest of the sponsor not to give the grand prize very early in an instant win sweep for publicity reasons. This I agree with him on.

Regards,

Mr. Sweepy

aggiemommy
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 8:36:27 AM(UTC)
aggiemommy

Thanks for the info.  The person I am speaking of enters her instant wins between 1 to 2am.  Um, I like to sleep those hours.  Now I feel like I'm not going to "miss out" by sleeping!
kmwbunny
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 10:59:56 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

Mr Sweepy is right; the computer generates a random time/entry number for the win so it can be at any time of the day. I've entered at all hours of the day and night and have not found that the wee hours of the morning are any 'luckier' than any other time. It's all a crapshoot, regardless of the time.  Get your sleep and sleep peaceably knowing you're not missing out on anything!