Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Firefox Upgrade and new form filler Last Pass - free - better than Roboform?
el3btrs
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2009 9:41:54 PM(UTC)
el3btrs

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 14 post(s)

I was afraid to upgrade my Firefox because someone had problems with their form filler but finally got tired of the reminders.  There is a new form filler that I think you might like and I'd sure like to hear of any shortcuts.  I tried it this morning and it filled out EVERYTHING - flash forms, birthdays and phone numbers.  I had to go to a drop-down menu which is a little uncomfortable at first and there is a yellow bar that drops down to ask you if you want to fill the form and that is a little slow but I can't wait for tomorrow to see if the forms are filled automatically.

There are a lot of security features that I think a lot of sweepers might be interested in.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from other users.

Tombstone
#2 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 5:33:43 AM(UTC)
Tombstone

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 32 post(s)

where is this form filler? how do I find it?

el3btrs
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 5:42:56 AM(UTC)
el3btrs

It's a firefox add on so when I updated I just looked at the list but I guess you can find it Mozilla?  I'm sure you can google "Last Pass"

Tombstone
#4 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 5:43:38 AM(UTC)
Tombstone

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 32 post(s)

what's the name of the add on?

walton39
#5 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 8:15:20 AM(UTC)
walton39

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 180 post(s)
I think he told you a couple of times: LAST PASS is the name of the form filler ------https://lastpass.com/download.php
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

mer1264
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 5:54:40 AM(UTC)
mer1264

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)

I downloaded the last pass and use it with IE. It is great fills in the birthdays and even female most of the time. It doesn't work for every sweep but does for most of the flash. Seems faster.

el3btrs
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:10:55 AM(UTC)
el3btrs

I've been working with it now for a few days.  One sweep it actually fills in all by itself and when you click on that tab you're already at "thank you for entering"  Not sure if I like that or not- it's also slower than my old google form fill which I still use sometimes.  The fact that it fills in my birthday, sex and phone # correctly most of the time is a HUGE improvement for me - I'm sure everyone knows by now how touchy I am about filling in my birthday :-).  I understand from reading posts on their site that soon they will have a "button" you can click.  

chuckmahl3
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:43:24 AM(UTC)
chuckmahl3

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

I'm happy for all you sweepers using something else, but my RoboForm fills in birthdays, sex, phone numbers, etc. just fine with IE.

walton39
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:04:16 AM(UTC)
walton39

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 180 post(s)
I still think a lot of folks that don't like Robo Form don't understand that if they will follow this one short rule, it will fill out 99% of your stuff. Simply fill out your entry with your info and click or unclick boxes that ask questions etc. and then before hitting "Send" go up to your Robo tool bar and hit "Save". Then hit send on the entry. The next time you pull that sweep up Robo will fill it out just like you did previously.
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

jffryclough
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:09:49 PM(UTC)
jffryclough

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)

i'm sure glad i found these posts as i also got the firefox upgrade and have been having nothing but trouble with google autofill. for starters it doesn't enter my name, tells me it can't fill in a form and then does, tells me it will fill in a form then won't, i have to wait to see it fill the form before i click on it to fill and sometimes it doesn't so i wait....and if i click autofill too quickly the form stays gray and i still see the form between pages and they add up one on top of each other.  my computer has been crashing 5 to 10 times while sweeping and when i want to start up again and hit 'firefox' it will freeze on the home page.  all this in the last five or six days.  is this a virus?  now i'm getting messages from yahoo mail that they think someone's trying to access my email?!?!  good luck if they do with all the sweep emails i get...i find i usually jump the gun when i have computer problems but this one is driving me nuts! i've uninstalled FF3.5 (i think) to go back to FF 3.2 or FF 3.3 and if i don't get decent results soon i'll probably install 'last pass' or 'robo' but i'm really pretty clueless about computers. i'm also pretty stubborn about trying to fix it myself first but i do have someone i can call to come over to try to fix it, which will cost me a dinner, probably well worth it. when the computer runs right count your blessings...sign me dazed and confused and P O'd.  thanks for listening and any help, Jeff.

hostaaddict
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:57:58 AM(UTC)
hostaaddict

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 99 post(s)

jffryclough:  I was having problems with Firefox 3.5 and Robo too.  I finally went to the Firefox website a few weeks ago and there it had listed which version of Robo I needed.  I downloaded it and all is well now.  Only one sweep that I still  switch over to IE for now.  Others all work fine and Robo working.  WHEW!!!  Did u try going to their site to check on what to do?  And, I know nothing about compters either.

el3btrs
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:11:02 AM(UTC)
el3btrs

I've been using Last Pass for a couple of weeks now and I like it a lot.  Some sweeps it logs me in automatically and I've been worried about that.  I guess I've been worried about being disqualified but I'll relax for now.  Last Pass has saved me tons of time but I am also not entering as many sweeps because so many of them are for things I don't want to win right now.  I hope that changes before the holidays.

kickstand1
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:27:04 AM(UTC)
kickstand1

Was thanked: 366 time(s) in 341 post(s)

i am happy with my forefox and autofill.  i have triedswitchingto to other fillers, but am so used to the one that i am using that i found myself switching back.  so i will stick with firefox/autofill.  good luck to all who use something else.

What a Great Day!

Member of $10,000 Club since October 2009
1CrazyCatLady
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:56:00 AM(UTC)
1CrazyCatLady

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 91 post(s)

If anyone here using Firefox can't log on, try using Internet Explorer. My Firefox browser had kicked me off this site today! I almost had a stroke. It said there was no such member as me.

jffryclough
#5 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 12:11:44 AM(UTC)
jffryclough

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)

thanx all for the responses.  i'm still working on my problem.  when i was entering for the jeep i won (my picture) i was in firefox but with about 2 months left in the sweep  all of a sudden i had a one inch high gray bar across the bottom of my screen that prevented me from seeing the submit button.  sooo, after about a week of heavy crying it dawned on me to go to internet explorer and enter from there and as they say 'the rest is history'!!  still have the jeep with only 1050 miles on it.  can't drive 2 cars at once and i have to keep my truck for work.  i could sell both but my truck only has 37K on it and it's a 1999 model, but i digress......

el3btrs
#6 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 12:14:11 AM(UTC)
el3btrs

sounds to me like you need to take a trip with one of your vehicles to put some miles on it.  New England is beautiful in the fall. :-)

nitroman
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:44:53 PM(UTC)
nitroman

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Have been using Last Pass with FF now since I read this thread!  5 days now.   I like it!!![H]

BABS24U
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:04:26 PM(UTC)
BABS24U

Hi, I was just reading your post, also reading about all the form fillers out there. I have firefox so I better stick with a recommenedform filler-

I have been using my paypal one but, it does not always fill out everything. Anyway, when reading about the one you are using it says that you can customize a shortcut key to it. rather than using a drop down. COOL ! I think I will try this one.Let me know how it works and visa versa.....

BABS24U
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:41:51 AM(UTC)
BABS24U

You answered 1 of my questions chuck

poulsbokid1
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:55:09 AM(UTC)
poulsbokid1

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I just downloaded last pass maybe I am missing something. I have to press alt and page up for it to fill in formsCourse this is the first day and even doing that is faster on some sites. I have been using several auto fill forms even bought one called type it in which will record every keystroke.

Grateful daily
2 Pages12>