Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Windows 7 on a Mac
Billwigglestick
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:25:08 PM(UTC)
Billwigglestick

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Is anyone running Windows 7 on a Mac.  I would like to buy a Mac but Apple says Windows 7 doesn't run well.  They recommend installing XP or Vista which I think is really poor advice.  My 7 year old Gateway is having serious problems and I will have to do something soon.  I am not getting a new computer that will not run Roboform. 

chuckmahl3
#2 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 3:11:40 AM(UTC)
chuckmahl3

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Bill - from what other ST posters have said, RoboForm does not work on Macs. Good luck on getting just the right computer, and GSTY!

Billwigglestick
#2 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 6:01:05 AM(UTC)
Billwigglestick

Thanks chuck.  I enjoy your comments.  Good luck at winning a big one.

broonessa1
#2 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 6:44:56 AM(UTC)
broonessa1

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Bill-if you want to run windows on a Mac, you will also need the Parallels software.  This will allow you to run the windows program.  I have a Mac desktop with the dual operating systems.  When you access the windows side of things, it is totally running windows programs, so I don't see why roboform wouldn't work on the windows side of things.  I have a windows laptop, so that is how I enter sweeps so I can park my butt on the sofa while I enter, lol.  So, I've never tried roboform on my windows side of the desktop.  I have XP on the Mac and it runs fine.  

Billwigglestick
#3 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 4:41:58 PM(UTC)
Billwigglestick

Thank you Broonessa.  I love your picture.  I understand that I will need the Parrallels software and that XP and Vista run on Mac.  It's Windows 7 that has me worried.  When you look at the cost of the Mac, Parallels software, iWorks software and then have to pay $200 for the Windows 7 program, it takes your breath away.  It would be painful to invest so much and end up with a computer system that did not run well.  You have a well thought out setup.  Enjoy the sofa and good luck on a big win.