Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
info re: roboform legality in sweeps
macbug58
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:44:34 PM(UTC)
macbug58

found this straight from the website, hope it helps and if you have more...please add to it since so many have questions about it.

How to Use RoboForm in Sweepstakes

Fill Forms from Identities
When you come to a page with Sweepstakes Entry Form, RoboForm will offer to fill it from your personal profile that we call Identity. You can have many identities, say, one for each family member.
Save Filled Forms to Passcards to Fill In the Saved Data Later
If you had to manually change entry form before submitting it and sweepstake rules allow multiple entries (say, one every day) then you can save the manually fixed form to a Passcard and use this passcard later to fill in the saved form data automatically.
Use Passcards to Breeze thru your Daily Sweeps
Passcards also memorize the URL (web address) of the form that you filled. So you can memorize all your favorite sweepstake entry forms into Passcards and then use the GoFill toolbar command or the GoTo in the Passcard Editor to: (i) navigate your browser to web site with form, (ii) automatically fill this form from passcard.

Freebiers Love RoboForm

Kevin Caldwell of Freebiers Club UK says: "You have truly provided a gift to the entire freebie community and you deserved to recognized thoroughly for this!" And they gave RoboForm Top Rated By Frrebiers Club Award.

Why Using RoboForm Does Not Violate Sweepstakes Rules

• RoboForm is a client-side agent that saves you keystrokes by filling forms for you.
  • Web sites that offer sweepstakes want you to learn about their products and to see their advertising.
  • If you use RoboForm to fill forms on these sites, you still learn about their products and you still see their advertising.
  • Therefore RoboForm is completely legal, because it does not deprive web site owners of their page views and therefore their revenue.
  • Many sweepstake rules state that "Automated Entry" is illegal. What they mean is that if a program fills an entry form and clicks the Submit button for you then you will not see their site and you will not learn about their products. But RoboForm does not do that -- you still have to check results of form filling and click the Submit button.

macbug58
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 6:01:46 AM(UTC)
macbug58

here is the actual service desk there that i asked the questions to. i suggest if you need further info regarding these issues: go directly to the source! if you can think of any other questions for them, the reply was given on both within an hour so feel free to go to their website and ask them directly (oh sorry, its probably better to read these from the bottom up since thats the order they were asked and answered..sorry, silly copy and paste wont let me change them):

No, RoboForm is not a Robotic or Automated entry, RoboForm allows you to enter information, but it does not Automate the process, you still manually have to click Submit on the form, which means it is not Automated or Robotic.

You wrote (2007/05/16 04:17 pm EST)

In addition ( and I thank you for your quick reply!) , those sweepstakes whose rules state no automated entry or robotic entry, are we being disqualified from those by using Roboform?

Andrew Steed replied (2007/05/16 03:53 pm EST)

RoboForm does not input information with keystrokes, so if these companies are using keystroke detectors, they will notice that you are not using keystrokes to fill the forms.

You wrote (2007/05/16 03:21 pm EST)

I belong to a sweepstakes group in which many members use or interested in using Roboform. The current hot topic question has been whether or not we are disqualifying ourselves by filling with Roboform. I have read the FAQs and also read the page that says that Roboform does not disqualify you; however, many members are still very leary due to new information. Someone has said that sweepstakes sponsors are using some sort of tracker to verify the number of keystrokes on your entry. How does Roboform deal with this situation and is there any other information that I could relay to potential users that would set us all at ease about this? I have heard a rumor that Roboform types each letter the same as us only faster, would this be the keystroke count? Any and all information will be much appreciated! Thank you so much, Many of us ( 1000+) await your reply.
Sincerely,
Becky

travelseeker
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 7:31:48 AM(UTC)
travelseeker

That was a great idea to check out what Roboform said! That really does "ease my worried mind" as xx would say (0h god I forgot the singer's name, duh!) I'm going to check into something else too. There's an on-line "Promo" magazine with a sweepstakes section. The writer of that section is from the sweep administrator Don Jagoda Assoc. He answers some online questions - maybe he'll have info on this.

Also I'm going to the sweeps convention in Detroit in 3 weeks. If there's anyone "in the know" I'm going to latch onto them and perform an interrogation!

brig3u
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:21:03 AM(UTC)
brig3u

Becky, thanks for taking the time to do this.....I'm sure this info will benefit so many of the members here and gives us a better understanding of how the program works.  I guess I'm still hung up on the keystroke thingy.....why some sweeps specifically indicate manual keystrokes required and I just wonder if other sweeps check for the same and just don't specifically mention it in their rules.  I could probably debate this in my mind forever, LOL   Again.....thanks for the research!

gsballance.....if you find that person at the convention, you stick to them like glue, girl! 

Brig

macbug58
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:35:07 AM(UTC)
macbug58

brig, i know whatcha mean about debating it all too much. i do that too. i tell ya we are going to make ourselves crazy. it sounds to me like most ( not all) sweeps let us use our robo or whatever and those we are unclear on...so what if we wastea whopping 10 seconds ( or less) a day on that one or even 5 entries? theres still no guarantee we'd win even if they werent DQ'd. how mny contests do you enter that you dont win?! there is no way to tell if it was the robo or just not your winning day. i choose to stop worrying so much. it seems most of our entries will count anyway! so good luck!

[quote user="gsballance"]

If there's anyone "in the know" I'm going to latch onto them and perform an interrogation!

[/quote]

dont let go until they cough up some answers!!!! lol! [;)] and great idea to check out that promo magazine. i think another member has checked some stories out from them before too...amazon mom i think. good articles. i hope they can help answer some questions. between all of us, i think we can get to the bottom of some if not most of our questions! ready....break![;)]

elfpuppy
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 7:48:41 PM(UTC)
elfpuppy

WOW, BECK!! you ROCK! BIG TIME. Now I shall have to put the CD/DVD/DSK  thingy I bought from them INTO the PC and brush up in case YOU have any qustions in the future--AS IF!

I would copy and past that entire "rules explanation" into every sweeps page where SKINNER has been trying to discourage peeps from using Robo (among other things), but I will NEVER WIN ENOUGH $$ to pay MR. Sweepy back for all that bandwith! Once head is into  posting place or reading same, again, will just sum it up.

THNAKS EVER SO! Now I shall have to go back and try to find out how to create a personal identity for Angela and one for niceneiceLisa -- even with ROBO this is getting way too confusing. Shall probably have to post that ethical question before doing that--OH, I CAN DO THAT RIGHT HERE~~

AS LONG AS I AM  NOT PERSONALLY ENTERING A PARTICULAR (TRIP, ETC.) SWEEP FOR MYSELF, IS IT OKAY TO USE MY PC TO ENTER FOR THEM/THEIR FAMILIES??  I HAVE ALREADY CREATED TWO NEW EMAIL ADDYS (ONE FOR EACH FAMILY--ANG'S PC HAS BEEN DOWN FOR MONTHS AND NICENIECE ~~ (CAN YOU GUESS WHAT HER 'SCREEN NAME IS?) WOULD PREFER NOT TO GET SLAMMED WITH MORE SPAM THAN SHE ALREADY RECEIVES)~~

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT?  I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT.

THNAKS, to you, too

DSLisa

macbug58
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:25:42 PM(UTC)
macbug58

well, i think it depends on your families feelings on that. make sure you ask them if its ok for you to enter on their behalf so they dont get surprised with something they dont want or cant afford to pay taxes on ( unless you plan to pay those taxes for them of coarse) and also remember that technically, THEY are not agreeing to the rules, you are. now granted the rules are always pretty generic and basically are keeping the company from getting a virus or losing money, but still, thats a question that they really cannot enforce per se, until you win...or they win actually. you will be having to provide SSNs if its a large prize and possibly state IDs so thats why your family needs to give you permission. as for entering on your own computer, theres nothing wrong with that. especially if you are not personally also enetering that sweep because youi are not risking sending more than one entry per IP address. on that aspect, i think its fine, as for the other problem, thats kind of an on your own decision. legally, technically, however you wanna put it, no, you shouldnt enter for them. same as entering for a hubby/spouse. its not actually THEM so technically you are pretending to be another person, but i know several people ( myself included) sometimes enter for their spouse for various reasons. i think that its up to you. but i know several people already do such things ( such as enter for their kids when the age limit is under 18). i know that wasnt really helpful, but i hope others have more insight for you. happy sweeping lisa![co]
macbug58
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:45:07 AM(UTC)
macbug58

lots of people have won usuing robo. its up to the administartor to decide whether they allow it or not. as for the netscape, i posted to your earlier comment in the other thread, but really, i dont think many of us use it and thats why you havent been receiving any info on it. alos, a lot of people here do not come to the forums, only the sweeps themselves. you may get a wealth of knowledge from the company if you send a direct email to them. good luck
owilkins
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 7:36:59 PM(UTC)
owilkins

Could I get the auto entries web sites for Robo and Google?
Can you even imagine the cost of your salvation? The magnificent plan of the Father & the willing cooperation of the Son, proved your tremendous value in God's eyes. From His perspective, you are worth all the pain & suffering that was necessary to secure your eternal presence with Him in Heaven.
macbug58
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:58:53 AM(UTC)
macbug58

i know roboform is www.roboform.com
BEARX
#2 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 5:35:09 PM(UTC)
BEARX

raezer
#3 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 5:53:49 PM(UTC)
raezer

Bearx these post your bring back from the dead are good inforamative post. I remember reading some of these while sifting though the forums one day. Some of this stuff I think should go in a FAQ type thing.

BEARX
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:07:53 AM(UTC)
BEARX

I AGREE---raezer*******Here It Is Again...

michaelmyers7
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:31:17 AM(UTC)
michaelmyers7

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 93 post(s)

u just did

marli23514
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:42:31 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Definitely gives you a better understanding of Robo.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

drcorbeil
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:46:05 AM(UTC)
drcorbeil

You can check my winnings but 35K+ was won using roboform entry. The reference of robotic is paying a company to type your entries.  Autofill, yahoo, and roboform are excluded from these. I am positive your son is absolutely correct.  But with 250K entries possible a day would they want to setup a microsecond clock for each session?  The chances of deleting an entry of a valid fast typer or allowing a rob-program on a slow internet is too great.  There are many other was to avoid robo programs entering over and over again.  Like asking you to type special charachters, flash screen entry etc..  These are much cheaper and more valid.  As for which roboform.  I thought there was just one.   

marli23514
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 4:01:50 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

Listen to Dr. Dave.  He is giving good advice.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

cnstnnickels
#2 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 5:32:50 AM(UTC)
cnstnnickels

cnstnnickels
#2 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 5:42:26 AM(UTC)
cnstnnickels

cnstnnickels
#6 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 5:53:48 AM(UTC)
cnstnnickels

2 Pages12>