Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Doing Sweeps/Contests without a phone
greggor36
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 1:13:53 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I am considering getting rid of my landline phone and just using my cell phone.  However, I really don't want to open up my cell phone number to my contesting/sweeping as I only give it out to family.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas or have come across a similar scenario on how I can keep contesting/sweeping without a phone number or at least come up with a very cheap phone option just for contesting/sweeping?  I'm interested in hearing any and all input.  Thank you!

diva101
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:25:28 PM(UTC)
diva101

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Sign up for Google Voice. You'll get a new phone number and it's free. Just make sure to have all of the calls from GoogleVoice forwarded to your regular cell phone. I use Google Voice solely for entering sweeps. So whenever I see my Google Voice number on my cell phone caller ID (which is almost never! lol) I know the call is sweepstakes related.

Good luck is a blessing from God..........
1 user thanked diva101 for this useful post.
sburrill on 1/9/2014(UTC)
greggor36
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:42:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Wow, thank you!  I've heard of Google Voice before but it never even crossed my mind.  I appreciate the help!  You saved me some money too!  Happy winning to you!  Thank you again!

1 user thanked greggor36 for this useful post.
sburrill on 1/9/2014(UTC)
mer1264
#4 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:56:07 AM(UTC)
mer1264

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)

I realize this post was a year ago but I give out my cell number for all sweeps. I have never had a call from spam.  I don't have a land line either. I did get one call from sweeps but it was from a trip I won.