Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Tired of entering/not winning!
cordwood9835
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:47:07 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I am tired of not winning anything.   I hear people on these forums that they receive boxes by UPS, receive emails that they won.  I sit at the computer every day plugging away.  Am I not entering this sweepstakes correctly?  They thank me for entering though! I don't want to seem winey!  I know what everyone will say....don't give up, a win will happen!   I have been at this for almost 3 months and only an instant win of Hanes bras.  All those great sweeps with all those great prizes.  Should I be checking those winner lists, also?

Sumbunny2009
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:30:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Aww dont feel bad. I've only won 1 thing since joining this site and chugging along entering things. I just dont expect a win and it fills some time so if I do get a win, it'll be a nice bonus!! But I do know how you feel!! Sweeps are just a hobby. Sometimes ya just gotta walk away for a bit and recharge to go back at it! I hope this helps!
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:30:53 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 42 post(s)

I understand how you feel cordwood.  This sweeping hobby can be frustrating sometimes.  But if not winning big after almost 3 months is stressing you out, you may want to find a different hobby.  It is the nature of sweeping that there may be long dry spells (heaven forbid) but although you don't want to hear it - you got to keep trying and eventually the wins will come!  Sorry for not being more helpful.  GLTA!

me19711980
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:40:04 AM(UTC)
me19711980

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Its just like the lottery....the odds are not in anyones favor...but you have to not let it rule your life, it is just a hobby...take a break and come back and maybe you will have better luck then 

Dlindqu5
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:38:34 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 24 post(s)

You need to do that for about 6 months to even know if its working.  I started in May of 2011 and received a couple very small things (twix bar, poster from pepsi etc) then in December I found out I won my trip to Maui then a week later I found out I won my xbox 360 kinect bundle and a few months later I won a $400.00 bike from a candy company etc.  My point is it took a good 7 months to win anything big then they started rolling in every few months.  It'll happen.

Big Wins

01/12 - Trip to Maui, HI (Airfare/rental car/6 nights Makena Beach Resort/$1000.00 spending money, John Force racing gear - Castrol Oil
01/12 - Xbox 360 with kinect bundle with Dance Central 2 - Ryan Seacrest Radio
09/12 - $400.00 certificate for Republic Bikes - Wonka Candy
10/12 - Keurig Platinum with 54 K-Cups and 2 travel cups - Keurig
05/13 - $350.00 online shopping spree - Estee Lauder
11/15 - $500.00 GC - Macys

Smaller wins

$50.00 GC - Honda
$80.00 GC - Hershey
$30.00 GC - Diet Pepsi
$25.00 GC - Wolf Snuff
$25.00 GC - Wolf Snuff
$25.00 GC - Camel
$25.00 GC - Camel
$50.00 GC - Camel
$200.00 Target GC - Incredible Edible Egg
Weleda Almond Facial Oil - Lucky Magazine
Case of limited edition flavor chips - Kettle Chips
Cat food/dog treats/cat toy - Purina
Magnet/Cell phone bean bag/screwdriver set - Grizzly Snuff
Poker set arv $63 - Mikes Hard Lemonade
Cheese board/chalk set/cat food - Fancy Feast

1 user thanked Dlindqu5 for this useful post.
reed12 on 8/12/2013(UTC)
arcadia1
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:25:28 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 165 post(s)

I haven't won either. But I keep thinking about Joyce, a member here who has won TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars worth of stuff by entering sweepstakes posted only on this website only

Perhaps she has all your prizes

Cherie
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:49:41 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I understand! All year all I had won was a free Larabar Coupon and a music download. I was really feeling like I was wasting my time. It was the longest I had gone since starting. BUT, in the last 2 days, I've had 2 wins, a $75 Publix GC and my son won a XBox game. Nothing huge dut it's more than all year. You really do have to just keep plugging away and your luck will change. Good Luck to you, me and all of us!

1 user thanked Cherie for this useful post.
reed12 on 8/12/2013(UTC)
luckylids79
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:54:08 PM(UTC)
luckylids79

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 39 post(s)

At times, it can be very frustrating indeed. When I started, I swept for about 4 months, got frustrated and stopped for a while. Then, some silly little prize arrived in the mail-I think it was a blanket from a Robitussin sweeps-and it was the first physical proof I had that I could win anything. I swept for a few more months and won absolutely nothing, not even a coupon. I actually got busy with college classes and stopped one week. The very next week, I came home from class and decided to clean out my sweeps e-mail and found my HUGE vacation win that had been sent the previous day. I couldn't believe I was about to give up entirely! I haven't won anything for several months now, but I always remind myself that it can take several months of laying the ground work for a win-usually by entering every day. Of course, with sweeping, there are never any promises that we will win at all. But hey, it's a free hobby that has the potential to be financially rewarding. I think that's pretty cool! 

Member of the $10K club since 6/13/12
1 user thanked luckylids79 for this useful post.
reed12 on 8/12/2013(UTC)
mrsweepy
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:40:36 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

cordwood9835;165044 wrote:

I am tired of not winning anything.   I hear people on these forums that they receive boxes by UPS, receive emails that they won.  I sit at the computer every day plugging away.  Am I not entering this sweepstakes correctly?  They thank me for entering though! I don't want to seem winey!  I know what everyone will say....don't give up, a win will happen!   I have been at this for almost 3 months and only an instant win of Hanes bras.  All those great sweeps with all those great prizes.  Should I be checking those winner lists, also?

Hi Cordword,  After the many years of sweeping, I have cold spells that last a year or longer waiting on the big win.  Yeah, I will win smaller prizes.  But not winning is a part of the hobby no one likes.  I will say once you do win a big prize, the first thing you forget is how many entries it took to win that prize.  All you can do is to keep your entry basket full and keep plugging away.  Giving up will never product a win.

Last, many of the sweeps you might have entered maybe not even have ended or the winners picked.  Many times, the sponsors or administrators will not announce the winners for weeks after the sweep is over.  This is another subject to discuss but some winners are not announced or notified for months later.

Good sweeping,

Mr. Sweepy

mrsweepy
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:49:57 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

Last comment...  It took a while (months) until I won my first big prize online. I did win some nice smaller prizes. The small wins did give me encouragement that the big one was close.  One was one of 10 Compaq Super Bowl t-shirts. The other prize was the grand for $25,000 in cash.  This was in 1999 If I remember correct.  The point is the small wins will add up before the big one comes. The odds are about 18 small wins on average before the big one.  For me, I have won two trucks, trips, cash electronics and more by not giving up.

Besides, i got into sweeping because I had my second back surgery and had to give up all of my hobbies. Golf, body building and weight lifting. So not winning a sweep prize was really easy to take compare to having to go through back surgery and losing so much more.

Mr. Sweepy

2 users thanked mrsweepy for this useful post.
nicegirlindc2 on 8/1/2013(UTC), kbrewer2060 on 8/14/2013(UTC)
ntekos
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:16:41 PM(UTC)
ntekos

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)

This is definitely not a hobby for people who do not have patience. I started in 2007 and won a few prizes but did not win a "big" prize ($10K+) until 2009. Since then I've won a few more smaller prizes but just won a 39" LCD TV plus a soundbar($900+) this past week; if you do the math, that's a dry spell of 4 years for a considerable win. But I am not going to complain because all I'm out is the time I've spent entering over the years. Entries are free unlike money spent buying lottery tickets and scratch-offs...just sayin'.

1 user thanked ntekos for this useful post.
anastasia100 on 8/14/2013(UTC)
nicegirlindc2
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:22:48 AM(UTC)

We are all in the same boat. I haven't one anything at all this year really- and I was home for three months on maternity leave and bedrest thinking I would win big- nothing! But last year I won a few instants and a grand prize, so I know it is possible. Like ntekos said, sweeping is like a free lotto ticket-it's a chance at something. I love coming hear reading that people are winning sweeps I am entering for I know it is possible to actually win something, so it keeps me going. GLTA!
suzyqnc47
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:05:49 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)

Don't be hating on all the winners. Put out good feelings and the good will come back.  That is karma.  Be glad someone is winning.  3 months is not long.  It is just a hobby.  I am glad for all the little prizes I have won.  If I had not been entering, I would have won nothing.  Congratulations to all the big and little winners.  May all of us have a good year.

2 users thanked suzyqnc47 for this useful post.
reed12 on 8/12/2013(UTC), kbrewer2060 on 8/14/2013(UTC)
BiG_BooGeR
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:40:30 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You will figure it out. I am somewhere in the $4,000 ballpark with my prizes. All 12 of my prizes were won in the last 2-3 months. Sweeping dailies since Jan 10, 2013. Jan-Apr build up entries, May-Jul rake in prizes.

I like to focus on hard to enter ones. Meaning they are asking for lots of info, surveys, joining their club, or computer doesn't load the site on first few attempts, etc. If its hard to enter most people will skim over it.

As far as dailies go, start on the absolute first day and enter every day. Don't miss a single day. Today is the 1st and a great time to look for FRESH dailies. Don't necessarily disregard dailies you didn't catch from the beginning, when I find one that has started a whole ago I at least enter a few times so I have some type of chance.

I was a total newb and basically read all these forums and watched a ton of YouTube videos on sweepstakes. I only enter for 30 minutes a day with the robofill thing, anywhere from 100-175 a day. I group like bookmarks together, click really fast and I'm basically not reading just clicking the bookmark, robofill button, then I just remember where the check boxes and stuff I need to click on is. I literally have the mouse hovering over the submit boxes before my computer has time to load the whole webpage. I do it like a sprint.

Remember that local sweeps (grocery, restaurant, gas, local businesses) are way easier to win. Also go on Facebook and like a bunch of companies that you like or use their products, they are always giving crap away there.

Cliff notes:
1. Enter dailies from the first day they start
2. Don't miss a day
3. ???
4. Prizes
1 user thanked BiG_BooGeR for this useful post.
nicegirlindc2 on 8/1/2013(UTC)
Deeishere
#15 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 6:10:37 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 26 post(s)

I don't remember when my first actual win was but 3 months is not a long time. I remember getting so frustrated over the instant wins because I thought they were a waste of time since I never would win. But I kept on doing them anyway and then one day I started winning. I think getting on the forum is a good way to stay encourage. Also try to enter the sweeps that offers lots of prizes because it's a  higher chance you will win. I am happy for the little things as well as the big. Consistence is the key. You may take a one or two day break and that's ok. I just won a $25 gift card and again that was an instant win. In the past I won a 3D T.V. and I thought at first this can't be real but it was. I have won milk for a year, coke for a  year, K cups for a year etc..... so yes it can happen. And stay positive. My motto is somebody has to win, why not you. Also use Robo form which is a major blessing then having to type in your name and all for each sweep.

Wins in 2013
Bop It! Bounce in NEVER BE BORED AGAIN" INSTANT WIN GAME
4 Coffee Mugs in Nestle Sweeps
SanDisk Ultra Robot figurine
One free digital download in Tum-E sweeps
coupon for free REESE'S® Peanut Butter Cups
Free Movie Rental Voucher Code – complements of PureVision®2
Ultimate Movie Experience Sweepstakes! You've won a $5 Amazon Code
$50 Visa Gift Card from Kellogg's (forgot the name of the Sweeps).

Wins in 2012
Starbucks Free Coffee for a year
Free Bottle of Eucerin
Several $2.00 & $1.00 coupons for Eucerin
2($50 Gift card to Petco)
$100 Target Gift card.
Gheilledi candy
cloth from chevon
Ziploc sandwich freezer bags
$20 visa gift card
Larabar bar
Nine Snickers bars. It was an instant win
Mossy Oak Camouflage Jacket. One year subscription to Better Homes and Gardens
$50 value pedometer from Extra and a coupon for free gum.
FREE package of any Thomas product
A Nyquil T-shirt
Coke Zero t-shirt

naenae74
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:32:24 AM(UTC)
naenae74

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

I've been a ST member for 5 years now and my wins are very few and far between.  I enter Monday-Friday in hopes of winning anything.  My biggest win was a 42in television nearly 2 years ago.  It does get frustrating at times because it seems there are much luckier sweepers out there than myself, but with that being said, it IS a hobby and a free one at that!  Any winnings on my end are much appreciated.  I will continue to sweep....hopefully I'll have another win soon!

kewpie5448
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:21:34 AM(UTC)

You've only been at this for 3 months-like a few other people here have said,you've got to be VERY PATIENT because there are LOOOOOOOONG dry spells(mine has so far lasted almost 3 years,except for a couple dvd's and a coupon for a free Subway sandwich!)This hobby is for people who don't expect instant,or even quick payouts--it's not gonna happen! But,if you can stick with it,you may win something big sometime.Good Luck to everybody,always!

winter999
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:11:48 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 47 post(s)

I have not won anything in about 3 years and all of a suddan in the past couple of months I have won

TWO TRIPS one to florida and the other one to New York city for the motown musical. I am declining both of them.

That is to much money to pay to the IRS  for taxes. I need my tax money at the end of the year.

arcadia1
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:49:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 165 post(s)

With the crazy amount of sweeps posted lately, I was expecting a win. But nope. I did get a win, which turned out to be a no win after they wouldn't ship it to me.

khx52000
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:31:12 AM(UTC)
khx52000

It takes time  (sometimes months) for some of the sweepstakes to post or notify winners. Ive given up many times and always come back to it because I love the thought that maybe this could be me winning a really big one. Dont give up

2 Pages12>