Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

What am I doing wrong?
chxdinner1
#1 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 7:19:37 PM(UTC)
chxdinner1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I have been sweeping for over 2 years now and I haven't won anything over $100. I am not as diligint with the dailies as I should be but, I enter sweep everyday. At least 15-20. Do I need to be doing more? Any and all help would be appreciated.

Grant's Naptime = Mommy's Sweeptime!
chudder4444
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 2:44:03 AM(UTC)
chudder4444

Was thanked: 1067 time(s) in 895 post(s)

The biggest consistent winners enter 75+ per day minimum. A lot of us enter 150 or more, and some much more than that. I enter them EVERY day except on very rare occasions. The more you enter and the more often you enter, the better the odds are. Don't enter for anything you're not interested in, but try to find the things you are interested in winning, even if it's smaller prizes.

It's fun to go after the huge car and cash wins, but the odds of winning those are lower because everyone wants to win those, and by all means do enter those. Most of the wins come from sweeps where there aren't as many entering, though. Also look for length of time the sweep is running and how many prizes they're giving away. A shorter sweep with LOTS of prizes drastically increases your chance of winning something.

In the end, have fun doing it, don't make it a chore, and spend the amount of time you feel comfortable in spending to enter them. This is a fun hobby we all share in, and it is exciting when you get a win. Please post updates to let me know how you're doing, and if there's any questions you have, please ask away!

Good luck, and hope to hear of more wins from you soon!!!!

$10,000 Club member since November 2008!
3 users thanked chudder4444 for this useful post.
Agape312 on 11/9/2013(UTC), chxdinner1 on 11/14/2013(UTC), gizkok6 on 11/28/2013(UTC)
CRamlow1
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 3:58:18 AM(UTC)
CRamlow1

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 192 post(s)

I enter about 100-150 a day.  I divide my lucky list into categories, a 5 is a 'must'  enter every day so I start with those and work my way down to the category 1's as time permits.  Don't want to spend too much time every day so this is how I divide and conquer.  I also enter while watching TV at night (I can see from kitchen table) so I usually am able to work through all of them every day I am home.  When we travel (which is often) I only enter the major ones if I have internet access (use my phone as a hotspot).  I also use Roboform and set up logins for each sweeps so I can enter quickly.  I have been winning consistently for the last 3 years (mostly small stuff) but my big wins have come this year (a trip to Orlando and a $1000 check from Red Baron).   Set up a sweeps facebook page, there are several of us from this site that have friended each other so as not to impact our normal facebook friends  The Red Baron win was from my facebook entry.  Also make sure you answer your phone, I was called on both the big wins.  I use my cell phone so that I always am available. Hope this helps and good luck.

1 user thanked CRamlow1 for this useful post.
chxdinner1 on 11/14/2013(UTC)
4youreyes
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 5:04:43 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 74 post(s)
I have been entering over 100 a day for three months-so far I have only won thru my magazine, one win thru this site of a beauty item, one instant win of a small snack prize. That is it. I have stopped entering bauer publishing sweeps (there are tons of their sweeps that they never posted wins for), leites, classic heartland and she knows sweeps as I think the odds are too high. I don't see myself sweeping for years on end unless I see more wins. Also note that checking the 10K club, I don't see many current wins there either. I enter thru 2-3 sites daily (also only small wins posted there). I have a separate email for the sweeps and so far have deleted over 1000 emails from there. It is beginning to not be fun anymore, will probably play till end of this year, then I'm done.I can't see wasting my time to win a snack pack. Instant win posts are few and far between. I will only continue sweeping thru my magazine that has actually produced wins for me.