Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

I'm a finalist!!!!! (and I need some help)
amazon_mom
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2006 2:28:31 PM(UTC)
amazon_mom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

First, let me just say that I love the improvements to the website, Mr. Sweepy. I took a five month break from sweeping, only entering those 1x only sweeps and a few essay contests here and there. While this post is my first with the new forum board, I have been a member here for 2 years and am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things now that my kids are all back in school.

Since I'm not familiar with the new board just yet, I could not determine a "proper" place to post this, so feel free to move this to whatever forum is more appropriate, if necessary. Or perhaps a whole new forum could be implemented for requests such as this?

What do I need help with???

I was notified last week that my anniversary essay is a finalist in the ShopAtHome Best Anniversary Contest. [:D]

I have already garnished pretty much all the votes I can muster from my family and friends, but I can't seem to stay in the top three prize positions.

If anyone reading this has the time, I would greatly appreciate you reading my story and deciding if it is worthy of your vote.

Here is the link: http://www.shopathome.co...n/ViewStory.aspx?SID=375

This is the final week for voting. Voting is one time per person and ends at 11:59 pm Oct. 8, 2006. Feel free to pass my link along to whomever you feel may think it is worthy of their vote, also. 

You may ask "What's in it for me?" Well, just for voting, you are eligible for 1 of 20 $50 1-800-FLOWERS Gift Baskets. If you choose to leave a comment regarding my essay, you become eligible for a $395 1/2 ct. diamond circle pendant courtesy of Ice.com. Pretty good odds on these prizes, huh?

You will be asked to "register" at the site. (How else are they to send you a prize, should you win for voting or commenting?) After registering, you will be sent an email from shopathome.com (check your spam/bulk folder).

Click the link in that email to complete your registration.

*****VERY IMPORTANT!!!!*****Then, after voting, you will be sent yet ANOTHER email from shopathome. (Once again, check spam/bulk folder). In that email will be another link to click on in order to complete your voting process.

I know this sounds really time consuming, but it really isn't so bad. When you click on my direct link to my essay above and hit the "vote" button, you may just be taken to a page to go ahead and register. Once that is done, and you verify that, you may not have to go back to my direct link again. But, you will still need to check your email for the link to click on in order for your vote to count.

Thank you so much for your consideration in supporting a fellow Sweepstakes Today member.[:)]  

gazoogleheimer
#2 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2006 2:40:27 AM(UTC)
gazoogleheimer

My stepdaughter came with our our 'honeymoon', too!  No better way to start a family, I think, than a family vacation :D

Good luck!  I've voted for you (and, by the way, voting earned me an entry to win some fabulous jewelry, too!)

pbk911
#3 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2006 10:36:25 AM(UTC)
pbk911

Any member of Mr Sweepy's site gets a vote from me.  Good Luck

amazon_mom
#4 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2006 11:28:58 AM(UTC)
amazon_mom

Thank you all so much. It is really appreciated!

amazon_mom

couponqueen
#2 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2006 11:26:59 PM(UTC)
couponqueen

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just wanted to let you know that you got my vote.  We sweepers need to stick together.  Hope you win!
amazon_mom
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2006 10:27:43 AM(UTC)
amazon_mom

Just giving this a "bump". I've slipped from third to fourth place and out of the prize eligibility. Please, If you think my story is worthy, could you please send it a vote?

Thanks bunches!