Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
SWEEPER OF THE MONTH AWARD-or not
elfpuppy
#1 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2007 8:28:19 PM(UTC)
elfpuppy

Here's the post from the Comments section:

"Anyone Up for this: How about a 'Sweeper of the Month' award for those who go "Above & Beyond"? Like A-STAR; RAVENMO, who pulled us all thru FedEx-Kinko; the Nikon crew; CHICKENMAN, BRIG, GSB- prime "go to guys" on the Forum; someone who always provides support ,etc.  I'll do a Forum post with a few ideas, under "Mr.S's Help Desk", sub-header, "UPC Code Website"--appropos & unused since 2006!  If enough peeps post post an "Count Me In" there & give some ideas, I'll run it by Mr.S"

I'm sure just being Named would be enough, but I have a couple of thoughts on a more 'substantial' award, too.

pup

littletoyman
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:30:10 AM(UTC)
littletoyman

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)

DSLISA/Elfpuppy, I'm in partial agreement with you,  Here is what we might do.

Award titles, nominate two,  SOTM and a SWEEPER HERO too.

SWEEPER HERO, ongoing, plaudits, any can post,  End of month count who got most.

SWEEPER OF THE MONTH fame,   Sweeper with most wins and/or ARV gets the name.

This could all be done on-site,  MR SWEEPY insert in monthly newsletter, if that's alright. 

Jim

glorob
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:33:46 AM(UTC)
glorob

That sounds fun...Keep

us
glorob
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:33:46 AM(UTC)
glorob

That sounds fun...Keep

glorob
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:33:50 AM(UTC)
glorob

That sounds fun...Keep us

glorob
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:35:20 AM(UTC)
glorob

So sorry..don't know what happened...wanted to say keep us update..good grief...mabe you should have computer dummy award..I am sure I would get one!
elfpuppy
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 3:36:03 AM(UTC)
elfpuppy

Hey, Simon...

I'm actually in disagreement with myself.  Best description? A good idea which I "over-thought"( sounds slightly better than, "which was already in place").  And I am now going to attempt to TALK my way out of the corner into which I painted myself.

I realize I'm 'Preaching To The Choir' here, but I don't like tiny, confined spaces and have already used the 'pass it by' thing---so:

I believe the answer lies in the tried, but true "an Honor just to be named.." line.  Naming a "Winner"  would be the exact opposite of what I wanted to suggest.  And that was to recognize all the extra effort extended by members of the ST Community, who stop on their way to the Winner's Circle, in order to give the rest of us a chance to reach it, as well.

Winnng really ISN'T the only thing which matters here. And I guess I am still just astounded by everyone's generosity of time, spirt and effort extended. And I do find it hard to believe, or believe it's genuine, as every day I spent in the real world taught me just the opposite.

And I have no idea where this goes from here. It was...4 AM and I was sitting here reading all the well-deserved "tributes" to AEROSTAR, who didn't only find an answer, he made 3M GIVE US ONE!  Now that is just plain amazing!  I didn't even get to the store. I ~~ and I'm sure I am not alone on this, was ready to take a hike when the store codes didn't work and when the only other option was to mail in a code request.  And this one guy went and made that huge company stand up and take responsibility. So, being me, instead of just enjoying all those wonderful Comments, I went looking for that 'one more way' -- when I was already looking at an excellent way!

BUT...and here it comes~~a lot of us, sorry, of YOU don't always have the time to read the Comment's posts and thereby miss out on 'being astounded' on an almost daily basis.  And here we have this "helper header" which no one has used, or posted to for, a year, just standing around, waiting to be filled.  Why don't we just stop by whenever we have time and post "A Random Act of Kindness"** we wish to share, or acknowledge.  Make this space a place to come when we have had a "I HAVE REALLY HAD IT WITH THIS DARNED SWEEP AND I'M NOT DOING IT ANYMORE" kind of day. A booster, a TRIBUTE spot, a hiddey-hole to recharge the batteries so we can go back and give ourselves over to this addiction and do it with ATTITUDE!

pup

Am I off the hook, now?  In future, I promise to let MacBecky edit all my 'ideas' before I post them.

littletoyman
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 4:11:59 AM(UTC)
littletoyman

DSL aka sweetpup, You have my vote for both titles, SWEEPER HERO AND SOTM.

Once more you have won my admiration. For your insight, kindness to others, and for being deserving of of all the nice words in an unabridged dictionary.  Your suggestion still has merit, and as I noted, perhaps Mr. Sweepy could post recognition in the monthly newsletter. Let him make the decision, maybe a ST sweeper singled out for a single deed and it's follow through, an extraordinary win,  or one our great member's on-going activities. 

No, the hook is in deep, mull it over, and as dear old granpappy might have said, "Now ya gotta fish, or continue cutting bait."

Jim

macbug58
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 4:50:45 AM(UTC)
macbug58

of course you are off the hook sweetie! hahaha! i dont think you ever really were "on the hook" as far as youre concerned. You mean the very best and like you said...you just wanted to find a new way to show it. you get so excited sometimes youre just off and runnin! make sure you always check if you have on pants before you leave the house!!! just kidding. as for lovely little things people do...i nominate you for praise of the day! constantly trying to make sure everyone is understanding how things work...even if by second hand info. you are quick to help and do so willingly! a sweeper pup extraordinaire! cheers! [D]
AEROSTAR
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 7:28:18 AM(UTC)
AEROSTAR

[:D] Hi Elfpuppy,

Just wanted to thank you for all the kind things you do by recognizing others in the sweepstakes field of battle!

And for that I salute you Elfpuppy!!! 

I did not think what I did was something to cause such excitment, I did it so we would all have the same opportunity to win and be rich! I have been studying, The Science Of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles and in it there's an adage about if you want to stay rich the best way is to help others by inspiring them to get rich themselves!  I believe that by helping others you help yourself and my only requested reward or award would be that we are all Happy, Healthy and Wealthy all in good measure! 

Also I don't like being locked out of a sweeps anymore than anyone else here, but being from California I miss out on all the alcohol sweeps and the last word on that was I would have to contact my state legislature to have that changed. Not sure how to go about that, but if you or any one else here has any ideas please pass them along my way! That's part of what fires me up about being locked out!

I don't need any award from ST, being held in high regard by you and all the others kind comments was plenty, really! [:)]

However if the outcome of this gets other people recognized for there efforts then so be it.

As Always I Hope All Of Us Are Grand Prize Winners Very Soon!!!  ;{)=

Take Care & Share Love,

AEROSTAR           

elfpuppy
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 2:25:39 AM(UTC)
elfpuppy

A STAR, you are, in anyone's firmament!  And all I can say regarding the CA Powers That Be is:  Watch Out, Ahh-nld, AERO (THE DARNED STAR WON'T PRINT) is primed, ready and headed your way!!   [Y] 

Simon, LittleToyGent--Okay. Now I really believe there IS a Santa Claus.  [G]

REBECCA-- [W]  I've already said it all to you, now must say it ABOUT YOU. I emailed MacBx after writing the first post when I was still in a: "Help! Stop Me Before I Kill Again!" state. I wrote the 2nd without waiting for her reply. BIG MISTAKE. Instead of spending forever agonizing over yet another, "Puppy Post", I should have gone back to Earthlink, read the following and just posted it as is:

"i think maybe we should just make a separate thread for it and just whenever we feel someone has been exceptional we could individually write a post to acknowledge them."  [I]

It took me paragraphs to get to the place Bx did in one sentence A very wise child, indeed, in deed, thought and word is our MacBuglet.  [W]

[&]  ric (rolling in clover) [;)]

littletoyman
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:45:31 AM(UTC)
littletoyman

DSLisa AKA the wonderful pup,   I read forums and comments, I'm nosy, also want to keep up.

The SweepstakesToday ladies and gents,   Are often recepients of your kind and caring comments.

So to them, and MR. Sweepy too,   I propose this to them, this title be bestowed on you.

OUR HONORED SWEEPER-2007 of the ST website,   She stands for all that's good, all that's right.

So into the SweepstakesToday "Hall of Fame",   DSLisa aka Elfpuppy, be the first name. 

Jim

What about it brother and sister sweepers, don't you agree?

AEROSTAR
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:43:38 AM(UTC)
AEROSTAR

I believe Elfpuppy is so worthy of receiving full honors & I'll be more than Happy to Ring the Resounding Gong for a Second and Third NOMINATION!  
softie
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 11:17:54 AM(UTC)
softie

When the toyman puts a question out there, it's hard to walk by.  He is a gentleman, and I enjoy his posts so very much.  In response then:  I'm in full agreement with so many of you who have so graciously acknowledged the support and positive thoughts sent forth by the pup on a regular basis.  I'm not feeling particularly clever or witty tonight, but I wanted to weigh in here.  A warm, loving hug to the pup. (Even if she can't keep a secret and let it slip that CM is the cat's meow!!!)   To all the rest of you, my heartfelt THANKS!   Thanks for the positive strokes, computer lessons, poetry, laughs, answers, upc codes, tax advice, support and well wishes.  I appreciate you, and am grateful for the enrichment you bring to my days online.  
macbug58
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 12:24:51 PM(UTC)
macbug58

[quote user="elfpuppy"]  It took me paragraphs to get to the place Bx did in one sentence A very wise child, indeed, in deed, thought and word is our MacBuglet.  [W] [/quote]

thank you fr your friendship and for the daisies too! now lets start us a forum for random Specific acts of kindness like miss lisa has suggested. i think we all see plenty and rearely let them know. lets get out and show them people care and are thankful for the little things we do each day that shows concern for someone other than ourselves. kind of like a pay it forward through comments. im so thankful for friends like you all. and especially lisa who gets me through the tough times too! mwah (big kisses!)

brig3u
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 12:42:36 PM(UTC)
brig3u

Lisa, you are so kind-hearted, thank you for your nice words,  but you know, you would have to give yourself an award too!  I think you and the Bug came up with a good plan with the thread idea. It seems like most of our regular posters here in the forums and many in the sweep comments can and do go the extra mile (in many different ways) and we all benefit whether its from technical help, or a pep talk and moral booster, or just making someone feel extra good about a win.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that just knowing that I can help AND be helped here makes it a good place to come to.
kapapak
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:17:58 PM(UTC)
kapapak

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I nominate Pup Master  aka elfpup. There are many others that are also deserving, but elfpup goes above and beyond in many ways and should be SOTM first  [Y]
elfpuppy
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2007 4:19:11 PM(UTC)
elfpuppy

THIS IS SO NOT THE WAY I SAW THIS UNFOLDING.

Hmmmmmmm.  Ummmmmmm?

AUTHOR IS CURRENTLY RE-THINKING THAT STATMENT AND WILL KEEP YOU 'POSTED'

[&]

chickenman
#3 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2007 1:30:32 AM(UTC)
chickenman

[quote user="kapapak"]I nominate Pup Master  aka elfpup. There are many others that are also deserving, but elfpup goes above and beyond in many ways and should be SOTM first  [Y][/quote]

I second the nomination. All in Favor, say "Aye"

The Ayes have it! [Y] [H]

littletoyman
#4 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2007 1:55:20 AM(UTC)
littletoyman

kapapak, CM and others, please scroll back to my previous post as regards bestowing an honor on DSLisa. She is so outstanding in her "Graces", as in Greek Mythology, where she embodies all of the three graces, Aglaia, Euphrosyne and Thalia - who confer grace, beauty, charm and joy upon human beings and on nature. I request that she be awarded your votes as sweeper of the "YEAR" in recognition of her contributions to the ST website. Please petition the membership, as well as Mr. Sweepy, to acknowledge her of this award.

Thank you, in advance,

Jim   

2 Pages12>