Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

autofill problems
jffryclough
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:51:29 AM(UTC)
jffryclough

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)

on the new sweeps listing of elmer's krazy glue i noticed others who've bought a new computer(like me) due to windows hanging people out to dry (must upgrade to windows 8) can't get autofill to work JUST LIKE MEEEE!!  we need help!  i saw google toolbar won't support autofill(WHY???) so i have a yahoo toolbar with firefox.  but i have to right click for autofill and it doesn't work.  hopefully wiser or at least more informed minds can help us out!  thank you for any and all assistance!

soccer_nut5
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 11:32:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 224 post(s)

If you use Google Chrome it has autofill built in.  All you have to do is double click on the first space and everything fills in.  I'm lucky enough to have win 7 so I'm not sure if win 8 affects the browser functionality of Chrome.  Let me know if you need help setting up your autofill data in chrome.  It's super simple.  You can actually even skip that step as chrome remembers your entries so when you revisit a form you just double click on the spaces and your info pops right up and fills in.

frances77
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 5:19:32 PM(UTC)
frances77

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)

I have a question regarding the double clicking in Chrome.  When you do that the blanks fill in, but they are also highlighted in yellow.  Is that something that will get my entry disqualified?  

Thanks for anyone's opinion or knowledge!!

soccer_nut5
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 5:30:59 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 224 post(s)

The yellow is just Google showing you what blanks it autofilled.  If you notice, the birthdate isn't usually yellow along with some other info like state or gender or country.  It doesn't affect your entry.

frances77
#5 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 8:36:35 AM(UTC)
frances77

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)

Thanks so much for the reply soccer_nut5.  That will save me so much time.

Happy Sweeping!!!

jffryclough
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:21:02 AM(UTC)
jffryclough

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)

well i think i found autofill for firefox. download autofill forms version 0.9.9.0 i previously downloaded the version 3.6(?)that has a lightening icon. the 0.9.9.0 version has the yellow pencil with the eraser, the one i've always known. still have to right click for it and the lightening icon is still on my right click menu but maybe it will disappear next time i start up again. and how do you like my new computer? looks good on me, yes? my old one was over 15 yrs old and all the duct tape in the world didn't make it work better....  the pencil icon is now on my toolbar(04/24/2014)