Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

disqualified for not adding your suffix?
anonymous6059
#1 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 3:15:44 AM(UTC)
anonymous6059

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 33 post(s)

Hey, I am a junior and I have been filling out sweeps for a few weeks now and haven't had any luck yet. I started wondering if my lack of success might be partly due to the fact that I don't enter my suffix into the forms unless a box is given. It seems like if I did add it after my first name or last that it would only mess things up even more. I don't think it would be something you could get disqualified for since it is my name that I am giving, I'm just the junior. It would be like getting disqualified for putting Mr. instead of Doc. if you were a doctor but for whatever reason didn't add it right?

Anyway, I way just hoping I could get some advice. It would really stink if I went through the trouble of filling out forms for a year or two only to find out that I can't win due to my own stupidity.

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”-Seneca

2014-
$1000.00 CHEFScatalog.com Fall Giveaway

2015-
$100 Live Nation® Concert Cash®!

dwarstler3
#2 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 11:01:44 AM(UTC)
dwarstler3

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)

I've been a sweeper for a long time. Very few sweeps ask for either "junior", "IV", etc.  When they ask for your first and last name, that's what they're looking for, so you don't need to add anything else, unless there is a designated box.  I'm currently entering a sweep that asks for "Mr., Mrs., or Ms." and if you leave it blank, you can't enter.  Don't see that very often either.  Just fill in what they're asking for.  You shouldn't be disqualified for not entering the suffix, if there is no box to do so.  dw

P.S.  Patience and entering as often as possible, are two keys to sweeping.  The fact that you haven't won anything and you've only been sweeping for a few weeks isn't unusual.  Hang in there!  And keep entering!

1 user thanked dwarstler3 for this useful post.
anonymous6059 on 8/29/2014(UTC)
anonymous6059
#3 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 12:16:06 PM(UTC)
anonymous6059

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 33 post(s)

Thank you!

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”-Seneca

2014-
$1000.00 CHEFScatalog.com Fall Giveaway

2015-
$100 Live Nation® Concert Cash®!