Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can I be disqualified for this?
frances77
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 2:50:01 PM(UTC)
frances77

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)

My daughter is currently not able to work due to medical issues.   She's worked for years & had worked up to management, but not able to work now & is waiting for her disability to be approved.  I occasionally find sweeps for cash & I enter myself & then enter her.  We have different addresses, phone numbers & email addresses.  Can they possibly tell that I have entered both enteries from the same computer and be disqualified?  Any help is appreciated!!

fishrmn100
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 7:45:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 100 post(s)

I'm no expert on this, but there is an IP Address (Internet Protocol Address) assigned to your computer, so, using multiple names and addresses from the same computer, for entering the same sweepstake would probably be detected and be disqualified.

mrsweepy
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 11:01:14 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

frances77;207289 wrote:

My daughter is currently not able to work due to medical issues.   She's worked for years & had worked up to management, but not able to work now & is waiting for her disability to be approved.  I occasionally find sweeps for cash & I enter myself & then enter her.  We have different addresses, phone numbers & email addresses.  Can they possibly tell that I have entered both enteries from the same computer and be disqualified?  Any help is appreciated!!

The answer is yes they can when both entries can come from the same computer. This is because they would be using the same I.P. Address. That is the 9 digital number that is assigned to your computer by the internet provider. In fact, IP Addresses are the first thing that the big administrators check in a winning entry.

I would not enter for both of you because if either one of you won, you would likely be DQ on the big sweeps by the administrators. 

Mr. Sweepy

mommamiaria1
#4 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 1:16:31 AM(UTC)
mommamiaria1

Was thanked: 255 time(s) in 238 post(s)

For the longest time my husband, daughter & I shared the same home computer and entered contests on the same computer. I never even considered that we could be disqualified. I saw this mentioned once before so we decided to enter on separate devices. My husband now enters his contests on his iphone, our daughter uses her pc or tablet and I use my pc or iphone. It would be terrible to learn that we lost a major prize because we shared the same computer. 

I also did some checking and found several websites that say more than one computer can have the same IP address. Here's one:

http://ask-leo.com/my_wo...s_how_do_i_fix_that.html

curmudgeon2
#5 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 4:17:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 68 post(s)

You  broke the rules when you entered another person.

Where in the rules did you read that you may enter "for" someone else?  I've never  seen rules with this allowed.  They always day one entry per person.  Once you enter for yourself, you've had your one entry and you're done, fini, kaput.  If your daughter wants to enter, that's fine, but she must do it herself, you're not allowed to enter "for" her.

Bye the bye, if she's disabled & not working, why can't she enter for herself?  

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot
gates2112
#6 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 6:00:20 AM(UTC)

Can they?  Yes.  Will they or have they, you'll never know.  My guess is it all works out in the wash either way.  Unless the rules specifically state "One entry per household...", probably little risk.  Some state "5 entries per day per per household but only one prize per household" meaning they know people share a household computer.   I'd say go for it

craftymomma76
#7 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 12:46:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I was wondering something similar. I don't enter for anyone else, but sometimes my hubby enters some and my kids just turned 18 and want to enter some as well. I was hesitant to get them started because I didn't want to break any rules. Hmmmm - not sure if I should let them or not, I would hate to be disqualified.
soccer_nut5
#8 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 5:20:53 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 224 post(s)

If the rules state one entry per person, more than one person can enter from the same device regardless of the IP address being the same.  You are following the rules.  BUT...some sites remember your visit from a specific device and will not allow another entry, even though it says one entry per person.  That is very frustrating because it blocks someone else in your home from entering from the same device.  HOWEVER...some sweeps clearly state one entry per household.  In that case, only one person in the household should enter so as to not be disqualified.

As to entering for another person, that is probably frowned upon but I don't know if it necessarily breaks any rules as along as you follow the above.