Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

What was your first win?
davemccausland78
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 4:57:47 AM(UTC)
davemccausland78

Everyone who has ever entered a Sweepstakes, Giveaway or IWG knows the feeeling of thier very first win.

Mine was the Tassimo Pot For a Bot instant Win Game.

Where you would upload a photo of your coffee pot.

I won the brew bot and that is what got me hooked, because for the longest time i didnt belive the IWG's were real.

That made me a beliver :)

So whats your first win?

Dave

newport77
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:26:36 AM(UTC)
newport77

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 72 post(s)

Hi Dave!  I am a very long time sweeper, started in the early 1980's... I do remember my very first win.... I do not know why but I do!  It was a coupon for a jar of mustard! I was thrilled that my entry was picked! Believe it or not... after that small win that very year I won prizes totalling over $25,000 including a car,  carribean vacation and cash!  This was way before internet.. it was only snail mail entry back then....... and I have been entering daily ever since  ever since that first year. It is very different today... and really not as much fun as with the snail mail entries only. 

Denise66
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:07:26 AM(UTC)
Denise66

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Oh how I remember, my first sweepstakes win and the sweepstakes addition that followed. It was way back in 2004. I was laid off from my job, for two weeks. I was online job searching and accidently brought up something in my browser, not even related to work. It was a site called EZ sweeps (No longer active) It would be the beginning to my sweepstakes addiction and obsession. This site was almost obsolete, not many sweepstakes sites. back then. My curiosity got the best of me and I entered only two sweeps, that day. One was a Monopoly game for McDonalds and the other was a Anheuser Busch Bacardi Silver Sweepstakes, one entry, there were three prizes... 3 pimped out cars (when pimp my ride was so popular!) I only entered those two sweeps, forgot about my encounter with EZ sweeps and went about my business. Two weeks later I got a call from my daughter that I had recieved an overnight envolope from Fed Ex, she told me I had won something big. I thought it was a scam... I told her to throw it away. Well she didn't. I had actually won the grand prize... a Pimped out '66 Chevy Impala or $50,000 cash option. They wired $50,000 into my bank account 2 weeks before Christmas, that year. Unfortunately I took the cash. I can't even imagine what that car would be worth today... makes me sick thinking about it, though. Hahaha!!! I have been a sweeper ever since. I do have to say, the past few years I haven't been sweeping as much. I started to become depressed... I couldn't even win a coupon. Sweeping today is different than, then. Sweeping wasn't really a hobby back then. There are too too many people sweeping now... the odds of winning are rediculous now. I will always sweep... but I will never put that many hours into it, again. Keep sweeping , winning and have fun!!!

November 2012 Wins:
#Fall4Bosch by Lowes: $200 Lowes GC
flytrap
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:58:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

When I was a kid I went to a Builder's Show, and 'won" a sewing machine if I bought the cabinet.  My mom went through with it, now I know it was just a sales scam.  I was just thinking the other day how as a kid I used to write envelopes in pencil or crayon to try to win stuff.

philomena
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2018 12:43:52 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 290 time(s) in 275 post(s)

Zatarain Rice sweepstakes in 2006 for a beatiful basket with all theirseasonungs and rice  products in it.

I was so excited even though no one in my family ate any of that stuff but gave it to a older neighbor.

I felt bad I never  emailed or phoned them to thank them.

rpkn2131
#6 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2018 4:32:59 AM(UTC)
rpkn2131

Was thanked: 770 time(s) in 735 post(s)

This is a fun question! It was in 1972(I was 13 years old) and I sent away a postcard to a radio station to win the new Carly Simon album called No Secrets.I received a phone call that I won and my name was announced on the station. I still have the album and I remember my friends were so envious that I won it. Looking back I'm wondering if you needed to be 18 years old. Probably not because I did receive the prize. 

Beth

$10,000 Club member since June 2012!!
racergold71
#7 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2018 5:30:51 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 85 post(s)

Before I found this great site, I won a Mr. Peanut towel from opening a jar of peanuts and there was the IW message and how to claim it.

My first win on ST was a Skittles- filled pinata (ARV around $7).

Biggest Wins:

Advance Moog 500 trip to Charlotte and NASCAR race $4000.00
Aspen Dental Smile for Vets Sweepstakes NASCAR race $3435.00
Corona Music Experience (picked concert in Brooklyn) $3250.00
Blue Moon Sweepstakes Colorado Ski Trip $2895.00
Steve Harvey Trip-A-Week 2 airline tickets $1500.00
Goodyear Driving Force Sweeps NHRA 2 VIP tickets $680.00
IPAD Mini $320.00
Gwen Stefani Universal Music $320 gift card/CD
RainX/NAPA $250 gift card
Frito-Lay Doritos BEATS headphones $245.00
Pro Camps UK John Calipari Basketball Camp $199.00
SHE FINDS Jan Marini Skincare system $190.00

krush78
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:20:00 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

My first win was a pair of airline tickets anywhere that Southwest Airlines flew. It was for Fantasy Football on Yahoo! about ten years ago. I won the tickets for picking every team correctly against the spread one weekend.

My first win on ST was a $10 iTunes gift card back in 2013.

It might sound funny but that $10 win is what actually hooked me. My wife thought I was crazy and wasting my time until I won a family vacation to the Black Hills of South Dakota about 6 months later.

debsegs01
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:28:17 PM(UTC)
debsegs01

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 117 post(s)

I started sweeping in Aug. of 2014 on this site, and did not win a single thing until Jan. of 2015.  My first win was a trip to La for the Night at The Musium sweeps.  I was so excited.  I won 2 other trips that same year but had to turn one of them down.

spica4038
#10 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 2:26:28 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)

First win was around 1988. It was a 3 night stay at the Hyatt Regency at Incline Village (Lake Tahoe) with bottle of champagne. Included round of golf (Did't use) and a cruise on Lake Tahoe. Made it part of our vacation.

davemccausland78
#11 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 6:15:41 AM(UTC)
davemccausland78

wow you guys have some great stories! :) keep them coming i love reading them

its interesting how much sweeping has changed, and no everyone is doing it everywhere,

Also i just got my first grand prize win!! ive been sweeping for years but never hit a grand prize

it was the

MUSCLE MILK #YearOfYou Sweepstakes

follow me on twittter @DavesSweeps im constantly entering and always psoting, so come and see what im entering.

1luckyduck
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:21:14 PM(UTC)
1luckyduck

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)

I was 7 years old....I won $20 in a coloring contest for a bank.  I was hooked on sweeping ever since...