Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
No wins, No nothing...
DLS1981
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 9:41:06 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 133 post(s)

Where are all the sweepstake winners? I haven't seen much of anything! I've been on this site almost 10 years now & made it to the $10,000 club by bits & pieces of wins. Nothing real big at all & it's gotten worse. I am beginning to think that most of these sweeps are scams because I see no winners on this site or others that I look to see if they've had any winners. This is getting old now~

dwarstler3
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 1:44:04 AM(UTC)
dwarstler3

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)

DSL1981 -- I don't disagree with you in terms of seeing the lack of winners.  I too have won over $10K since I began sweeping in 2010, most of which has come from Facebook & other places.  My take is that the odds of winning have become almost insurmountable, as more and more people enter, especially for the prizes with larger values.  I concur that it gets pretty discouraging, not winning anything, month after month.  However, I continue to enter, but not nearly as many as I used to, hoping that one day, I'll hit on something wonderful.  Last year, I won a $3K mattress set, from a Facebook sweep, that I was able to give to my son and daughter-in-law.  That's what keeps me going.  So, hang in there and I wish you the best of luck!

kickstand1
#4 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 3:37:50 AM(UTC)
kickstand1

Was thanked: 366 time(s) in 341 post(s)

i agree totally.  seems like enter, enter, enter...but no winners.

What a Great Day!

Member of $10,000 Club since October 2009
DLS1981
#5 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 5:02:55 AM(UTC)

kickstand1;207430 wrote:

i agree totally.  seems like enter, enter, enter...but no winners.

Kickstand, I am on several sweepstake sites & I am constantly looking to see if anyone has won like the instant wins or daily wins...Not Seeing it!..at all! Yeah I know many more have started entering but you'd think they would post on those sites, facebook or twitter. It's like a sweepstake ghost town. LOL!

newport77
#6 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 5:43:17 AM(UTC)
newport77

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 72 post(s)

DLS1981;207428 wrote:

Where are all the sweepstake winners? I haven't seen much of anything! I've been on this site almost 10 years now & made it to the $10,000 club by bits & pieces of wins. Nothing real big at all & it's gotten worse. I am beginning to think that most of these sweeps are scams because I see no winners on this site or others that I look to see if they've had any winners. This is getting old now~

I have won several sweeps from this sight over the years... many good ones... yes, they are not as often as I would like, but, these are not scams.  The old adage in the snail mail sweeps only days was the three P's  Patience, Persistance and Postage!  Today with all of the online and face book etc sweeps that may not hold true other than PATIENCE AND PERSISTANCE!  A winner never gives up.... and when you start to feel abit low about no wins just think tomorrow  is another day... another chance to WIN THE BIG ONE!  That is what keeps me going. :)

gizkok6
#10 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 8:55:00 AM(UTC)
gizkok6

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 95 post(s)

I haven't had a win, even a tiny win of a candy bar, in more than a year.  Yet I enter every day.  However, i don't want to win something just for the sake of winning so there are very few sweeps I enter at all.  Seems like 75% of all sweeps are for trips, which I can't use.  I've pretty much decided that Facebook and Twitter are a waste of time for sweeps unless yu hang out there all day and post, post, post.  Which I don't.

But good luck to us all!

mrsweepy
#11 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 12:06:20 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

Over the 14 years when ST was started, much has changed.  So much, I cannot even name them all.  Let me start with what I think is the biggest. 14 years ago, only 50 to 55 percent of America had internet. That wasn't high speed either. That was dial up then DSP for some. Now, the number is somewhere over 90 percent and probably in the 97 percent area. (I haven't seen any new numbers lately)  This alone means that over 100 million more people have internet. This does mean a massive increase in the number of people entering sweeps but there are more people for sure.

Then there is smartphones. This is a market explosion that doesn't seem to have a end. I have seen in our stats a big increase in the number of people using smartphones to enter sweepstakes from.  However the veterans know that the desktop/laptop is preferred tool for entering the most sweeps.

Next, there are fewer prizes in total being offered. Most notably cars. The total number of cars offered in 2017 might be one third lower compared to 10 years athgo.

Many companies are finding they don't have to give away high value prizes. I think this is going to change and we will see better prizes. This is a big reason for our total entry count over the last 5 or more years to drop.

The most interesting thing that you don't see but I do is the number of new sweepers that sign up for ST, start to enter, then quit.  My numbers of daily/monthly entry number have if anything has gone down over 5 years. I can explain part of this from a marketing stand point. However the same thing comes up. People start sweeping for a week to a month then give up. There are new members to ST that replace their daily entry count but the same cycle of new members come and then quit happens. 

I know there are other dynamics involved but here is what I do know for sure. The long time members still win more and bigger prizes.

Last, most of, if not all of the big winners have had both hot winning and losing streaks. Obliviously, no one wants to go through a year with no big wins. I don't for sure and I don't enter as much. But I still want to win.

Mr. Sweepy

DLS1981
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:43:42 AM(UTC)

I have seen last 3 years drop big time not only on this site but others too. If I see winners on this site it seems it's usually the same people or new sign ups. I sit here & wonder "how the hell do they keep winning"? I enter all the time .........still no luck. I keep on trying tho!

DLS1981
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:45:40 AM(UTC)

newport77;207432 wrote:

DLS1981;207428 wrote:

I have won several sweeps from this sight over the years... many good ones... yes, they are not as often as I would like, but, these are not scams.  The old adage in the snail mail sweeps only days was the three P's  Patience, Persistance and Postage!  Today with all of the online and face book etc sweeps that may not hold true other than PATIENCE AND PERSISTANCE!  A winner never gives up.... and when you start to feel abit low about no wins just think tomorrow  is another day... another chance to WIN THE BIG ONE!  That is what keeps me going. :)

LOL...easy for you to say your always winning! I enter all of them as I have for last 10 years...just can't get LUCKY!!!!

DLS1981
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:48:05 AM(UTC)

dwarstler3;207429 wrote:

DSL1981 -- I don't disagree with you in terms of seeing the lack of winners.  I too have won over $10K since I began sweeping in 2010, most of which has come from Facebook & other places.  My take is that the odds of winning have become almost insurmountable, as more and more people enter, especially for the prizes with larger values.  I concur that it gets pretty discouraging, not winning anything, month after month.  However, I continue to enter, but not nearly as many as I used to, hoping that one day, I'll hit on something wonderful.  Last year, I won a $3K mattress set, from a Facebook sweep, that I was able to give to my son and daughter-in-law.  That's what keeps me going.  So, hang in there and I wish you the best of luck!

I wished I could of at least won a mattress set...last year was total bust again for me.....LOL! As I said I enter on here , facebook, twitter & other sites. Just bad period.

marli23514
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:46:29 AM(UTC)
marli23514

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 913 post(s)

I try to remain positive; however, the wins seem to be passing me by day-after-day.  Did win a Quaker Oats coupon 6 weeks ago, but unable to get it to print so really a worthless win.

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To be the best you can do everyday.” ― Jason Mraz

mollgirl1
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:10:13 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I have been on this site for years. I also do 2 other sites. Believe it or not my most wins have been books from Goodreads, but they've gone down lately. I just an hour age won a $25 gift card from AutoZone which was a Facebook sweep. I don't enter for trips and I live in a small apt. so alot wouldn't be practical. But I keep on trying and sometimes I take a break too.

fishrmn100
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:59:16 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 100 post(s)

I seem to go through dry spells and then all of sudden I get several wins. I keep plugging away at the sweeps only for items that I want or need, or know that someone I know would like. I think persistence is the key. Can't win anything if you don't enter.

Amenan93
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:55:19 PM(UTC)

Hey, all!

(I posted something like this before but deleted it because I really hate the appearance of "bragging" and it made me feel uncomfortable. I see now that it might make some people feel better, though, so I'll post it, anyway!) 

But yeah, I just wanted to say that I typically don't post my wins. I won a cruise in late 2016 (ARV $5000), I won a cash sweepstakes in early January 2018 (ARV $2000) and I won a a travel sweeps in mid-January 2018 (worth $1300). I say all that to say that people are still definitely winning (Even if the wins are more spread out). I usually only enter for travel sweeps or cash sweeps, so my odds aren't the best (I rarely enter dailies and I'm hopeless when it comes to instant wins). I think it's definitely a combination of just persistence and expecting nothing (ha!).

I typically only have one "big win" (and big for me is winning any opportunity to travel for free, really) every 12 months it seems. I get down sometimes, but then I remember that going months without winning is just part of the game, right? Looking forward to that "big win" seems to be baked into the hobby and dreaming about that "CONGRATULATIONS" phone call/email really gives me the push I need to keep entering. I may not win another thing for the rest of the year, and my family/friends will make fun of me for my hobby (yes, I am mocked for my commitment to regularly entering sweeps UNTIL I win, then everyone wants to know "how I did it" LOL) but I hope this helps people feel a bit more encouraged. The wins are definitely still out there, for all of us! :) 

mommamiaria1
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 12:17:40 AM(UTC)
mommamiaria1

Was thanked: 255 time(s) in 238 post(s)

My wins are far and few between. I never win instant wins, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest contests and stopped entering most of those. I used to repost, retweet and "like" everything for extra chances but all that did was annoy alot of people and provide the sponsor with lots of free advertising,(which is what they want). I have entered so many contests on a daily basis for months & months where I had to visit websites, watch videos, play games, follow them on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram etc. for extra chances which is very time consuming and I never win those. The majority of the few contests I  have won were ones where I have to be creative and write clever or sympathy inducing stories, take tons of creative photos or come up with time consuming, elaborate advertising ideas for the sponsor. I LOVE those creative contests most of all but WOW they are hard work. I keep a file of the ones I have entered over the years and enjoy looking back at some of the wacky ideas and entries I've created. Even though I don't win often I love to enter and dream. I have experienced some very tough times and personal losses over the last few years and entering contests has been a welcome diversion. Many times I thought, maybe I will this contest and my miracle will happen. It hasn't happened yet but it could and just knowing that helps. In the back of my mind I keep thinking that I can't win if I don't enter. Someone wins and maybe that someone will be me. I'm an optimist and I truly believe in the power of positive thinking. Sweepstakes Today has been instrumental in helping me stay positive by seeing that real people really do win. Before I joined years ago I always wondered if anyone really did win these contests. They do! Hang in there. Keep entering. You will win!

philomena
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:42:57 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 290 time(s) in 275 post(s)

When the economy got bad several years ago and many people were out of work or hours cut they started entering sweepstakes with hopes of supplementing their incpme. 

I first noticed things were getting bad with sweepstakes  when HGTV stopped giving the cars with the home and cut the $250.000.00 cash from Quiken to $50.000. and the value of the home and furnishings were cut from $2000.000.00 to $1000.000.00/

The last one for the Gig Harbor Washington Home was the first one in a while that brought the car and cash back.

I also noticed that companies  are joining together wth 5-6 companies sponsoring for  one prize so you now have 5 or 6 companies spamming you to death for the chance of winning one prize.

I enter daily and have been trying for 10 years to get in the 10K club.

krush78
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 9:33:42 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I don't normally post my wins and only check out the forum about once a month due to lack of time. I work between 40-50 hours every week and entering sweeps has become a way for me to unwind in the evenings while my kids are doing homework or watching tv. Last year was really, really slow for me on the wins side, but I did start winning again a little over a month ago. Just keep in mind that someone is going to win and if you don't enter it won't be you!

I've estimated about how often I should be winning the "big" sweeps (for me that's anything over $1000) by using the numbers of the few sweeps that list the total number of entries and figuring up my entries along with how many I enter, which is quite a few. By my estimates I should be winning one of those about once every 18 months, so keep in mind you aren't likely to be able to make a living doing this.

I also know that part of the problem in my opinion is the number of people out there who are stuffing the ballet box by entering more than what the rules allow by entering not just for themselves but also their spouse, adult children (kids are different since they need their parents permission anyway), using initials, middle name, and other aliases to stack the odds in their favor. The sweeps that allow unlimited extra entries based on shares from social media are ripe for abuse as well. All of these things are contributing to make it even harder for those of us who do follow the rules to get that elusive win.

vaughn1938
#21 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 1:20:34 PM(UTC)

I just won a candy bar. Of course, my store does not carry them. Am still waiting for a $5 gift card. That is the sum total of my wins for the past year. I only enter for cash and reasonable trips. Two days in Thailand does not rate an entry.

DLS1981
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:28:23 AM(UTC)

I post this & then win HUGELY...$10,000! Thanks Mr Sweepy for this site & letting me vent. I do think it helps to vent from time to time. AND to Paypal for such a great sweepstake!!! I just can't find the sweep to add my win to it now.......

chudder4444
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:41:16 AM(UTC)
chudder4444

Was thanked: 1067 time(s) in 895 post(s)

On our normal pages (not forums) type paypal in the search box at the top of the page. The first sweep listed is yours.

$10,000 Club member since November 2008!
2 Pages12>