Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram Contests
4Sissy
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2018 1:46:15 PM(UTC)
4Sissy

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 64 post(s)

I'm a bit new to Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, (I seem to understand Pinterest the best), but I am confused on how you are notified if you win a Contest/Sweep that is on one of the three?  Are you notified on a "tag" to your account or do they "message" you?   

I'm sorry to sound dumb, but as I said, I'm kind of new to these types of contests.   

Also, there are few contests that want you to "tag" a friend to enter.  Is a friend someone you are "following"?

Any help is appreciated.   THANKS! 

summerstorm59
#2 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 6:04:03 AM(UTC)
summerstorm59

Was thanked: 682 time(s) in 655 post(s)

Twitter notifies you at the top of the page.  https://twitter.com/i/notifications    and i think that anyone you are following are your friends, i do not use the other's so can't help you there.

STARTED JAN 8 2008
BIGGEST WIN
COKE REWARDS DISNEY TRIP $4011.00 DEC 2013
JOINED THE 10.000 CLUB 04-01-2015
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4Sissy
#3 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 10:47:31 AM(UTC)
4Sissy

Thank you so much for your help summerstorm59!   Good luck to you in all the sweeps you enter.

chudder4444
#4 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 11:12:15 AM(UTC)
chudder4444

Was thanked: 1067 time(s) in 895 post(s)

On Twitter they can notify you in the notifications at the top of the page or (and most of mine have been) by Direct message, also at the top of the page. One thing I've done, and quite a few others, is you can have Twitter set up to email you if you get a Direct Message (DM). I did that after I missed a DM early on and missed out on a small win. I've won 4-5 times on Twitter, and I think twice have been through the notifications and 3 times by DM.

Pinterest I've never won anything, I'd assume they'd email you, and Instagram I'd assume they'd email you also, but not sure.

Tagging a friend is using their user name with an @ in front of it in your tweet. If your friends user name is Supersweepwinner, you'd make your tweet, and in your tweet you'd include their username with @ in front, so you'd say something like "This sweep is awesome, @Supersweepwinner you should enter also!" . Generally there would be a link to the sweep in the tweet also, and maybe hashtags also to let the sweep know you're entering and tagging someone.

Hope that makes some sense, I know it can be VERY confusing. We all wish they'd just stick with normal entry forms, but I do understand the need for them to advertise also, that is the whole purpose of sweepstakes for companies.

Jeff

$10,000 Club member since November 2008!
4Sissy
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:20:51 AM(UTC)
4Sissy

Thank you Jeff for the additional information,  you have been so helpful.   I will definitely do the Direct Message on twitter.   

Does anyone here need a twitter "friend" to tag?  If so, they can let me know and use me.   Just post here.....if that is allowed. 

Thanks again for the help!  Good luck to all!