Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
reCAPTCHA is annoying!
defly1956
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:36:16 AM(UTC)
defly1956

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)

Anybody else get totally frustrated by the reCAPTCHA?  Half the time it takes longer to click away at the reCAPTCHA than it does entering the sweepstake itself!  The pictures are very blurry and I would never attempt doing it on my cell phone!  I can click and click and it still doesn't like what I clicked!  I'm not one to swear much but when I'm entering sweeps and the reCAPTCHA keeps showing up I'm actually making UP new swear words!  reCAPTCHA drives me crazy!  Is it just me??

rpkn2131
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:11:45 AM(UTC)
rpkn2131

Was thanked: 770 time(s) in 735 post(s)

Thanks for the slight chuckle. You are NOT alone! I get frustrated as well. Sometimes I'll try and if it doesn't go through a few times, I leave the tab opened and I continue with sweeps that are easier to enter. After that I'll go back to that sweeps and most of the time it goes through the first time. Hope this makes sense to you. Don't give up. Yes it does takes longer but it's better to try and enter than to not enter at all. Good luck and happy sweeping.

Beth

$10,000 Club member since June 2012!!
defly1956
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:18:26 AM(UTC)
defly1956

rpkn2131, I've been sweeping since 1999.  It was so much easier and faster back then!  I know it's to keep the fraud down but I wish they'd come up with a better less frustrating way!  I'll never give up!  I am a determined sweeper and have loved the fantastic wins I've gotten over the years.  I started out in 1999 on another sweeps site but Sweepstakes Today is THE best!!!

defly1956
#5 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 1:00:36 AM(UTC)
defly1956

Faulk28,

It's not that the reCAPTCHA runs slow it's that because of how it works it takes way too much time.  It takes you through too many steps.  The worse way is when you click on lets say motorcycles, you click on a pic of a motorcycle, it fades away then another pic of one comes up and you click on that.  Sometimes it may have you click on 5 and other times it may have me click on 15!  If I get 5 right why does it still continue?  It takes up way too much time to proof that you're human.  

mrsweepy
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 10:38:58 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

As a reminder, many years ago, ePrize, now Hello World, was nearly put out of business by scammers. As a result to protect their business and to become a lead in sweepstakes entry security, captcha was one thing that was created. The bad guys never stop looking to attack both the sweepstakes advertisers and sweepers. 

I will say a persistant sweeper will win more because of captchas because you understand and will not give up.

Mr. Sweepy

defly1956
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 12:46:38 AM(UTC)
defly1956

Mr. Sweepy!

I am one of those persistant sweepers!  Thanks to you for giving us this wonderful Sweepstakes Today to feed our sweeping addiction!  Scammers have ruinied so many things for so many honest people.  We have to work our way around the obstacles that those dishonest people put around us.  It's frustrating but well worth the extra work.  The great thing about sweeping feeling like it's your birthday all year round!  Gifts arriving all year makes us want to beat the scammers even more!

Thanks for what you do for us Mr. Sweepy!

Dedra

curmudgeon2
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 6:41:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 68 post(s)

I am using Firefox and am not having any problem with recaptcha other than some are fuzzy.  I rarely get the fade out/reappear, and when I do it usually only fades 3 or 4 times.  Is it possible that Browser settings are causing the problem?

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot
defly1956
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 8:00:04 AM(UTC)
defly1956

curmudgeon2,

I use Chrome.  I've got FireFox but haven't used that browser much over the years.  Maybe I'll test it out and see if my frustrations with reCAPTCHA are less with that browser.  I also have Safari so maybe I should test both out to see if it's only Chrome.  Thanks.

Dedra

jffryclough
#10 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 12:56:00 AM(UTC)
jffryclough

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)

i cleared cookies last night and captcha still sucked.  i cleared cookies twice this morning and captcha still sucks.  it's obviously captcha that's screwed up.  who do we complain to?  i've tried telling google at least 3 times....

jffryclough
#11 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 1:19:07 AM(UTC)
jffryclough

cleared cookies again and got (guess what?) 'try again later'.  the force is strong today.......... can't enter if ya can't get past craptcha.  great security!

defly1956
#12 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 2:06:55 AM(UTC)
defly1956

jffryclough,

I have tried clearing cookies and other things to Chrome too to fix it but that never worked.  I am trying out FireFox but it's going slow since I haven't used FireFox in over 2 years.  It's going to take time to get all the autofill up to par.  So far I'm not noticing much of a difference with reCAPTCHA yet.  About a month ago reCAPTCHA was actually working!  It was nice but then it went to it's usual redundent self.  I'm wondering if windows or mac make a difference?  I have an iMac decktop and iMac laptop that I do my sweeps on.  Sorry you're having the same issues!

Dedra

Faulk28
#13 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 3:55:12 AM(UTC)

Google flags IPs, from what I've read, so as long as you're in Chrome, it may always be slow, even once cookies are cleared.  Those cookies are essentially right back on once you use chrome (google) again.  If I log into my gmail on Firefox, captcha is awful.  As long as I log into GMail (google) only via incognito, captcha works on Firefox.  When I forget, and there are google cookies on my computer, problems insue.  I routinely go to settings and clear all google cookies if captcha is slow and it always improves.  The captcha problem is the only reason I don't/can't use chrome.  Web search for "Google captcha blacklist" and you'll see it's common.  No easy solution

curmudgeon2
#14 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 6:28:01 AM(UTC)

defly1956, I believe that every Browser now has it's own autofill program similar to Roboform.  To find and open/authorize it in Firefox, click on the 3 horizontal bars, top right.  Scroll down and click on options (the gear).  On the next page, click on privacy and security and then put a check mark in the box for "ask to save logins and passwords for websites."  YOU'LL NEED TO DO THIS EVERY TIME YOU LOG IN TO FIREFOX, as there's a compatibility problem with Microsoft and it returns to the default (unchecked box) everytime you close Firefox.

Also, put a check mark in the box named "Autofill addresses"

Firefox will now remember info that you've previously typed and fill it in for you.  Just click on the first field in the sweepstakes entry and Firefox will comlete the form.  Review the form for accuracy and submit. 

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot
defly1956
#15 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 6:51:43 AM(UTC)
defly1956

Perfect timing curmudgeon2!

I just sat down to get FireFox tuned just right for me!  I used FireFox back in the early 2000's but switched to Chrome.  I should have FireFox all set today so I can start testing it out with sweeps tomorrow morning.  It did ask if I wanted to use FireFox just as I had it in the past so I clicked yes to that.  I have all the bookmarks from years ago. 

Thanks for the info!  I'm going to refer to your references on setting it up!

defly1956
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:30:18 AM(UTC)
defly1956

curmudgeon2,

Got FireFox running!  Thanks for the info.  Entered all my sweeps this morning on FireFox.

Oh the things we have to do just because there are people in this world that don't want to work but will spend hours and hours CHEATING!!

curmudgeon2
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 5:27:52 AM(UTC)

You have any captcha problems?  How 'bout Firefox form filler, did you try it?

T. S. Eliot
defly1956
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:38:44 AM(UTC)
defly1956

The reCAPTCHA does work smoother on FireFox.  That browser has changed since 15 years ago!  I've got it tweaked for my sweepstaking.  I won't use it for anything else cuz I'm so accustomed to Chrome.  I got the form filler working.  So far it only has me clicking 3 or 4 times for reCAPTCHA instead of 7,8,9 and 10 when I'm on Chrome!  Fixing one less frustration in my life ✔︎   

jffryclough
#19 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 1:12:27 AM(UTC)
jffryclough

nothing is working today.  not firefox or chrome.  why should we have to even try to get an obviously flawed CRAPtcha to work?????  i left a message on google facebook but got no response.  this is getting REAL OLD.  over 20 sweeps i can't access and spending WAYYYYY too much time on.

jffryclough
#20 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 1:43:30 AM(UTC)
jffryclough

i just went to googl on FB and everyone's complaining about there g-mail.  i complained about craptcha.  i don't think anyone is listening let alone doing anything about anything.

defly1956
#21 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 8:50:40 AM(UTC)
defly1956

jffryclough!!

oh my gosh!!  I didn't realize reCAPTCHA was by Google!  I have Gmail and they switched to a NEW and BETTER Gmail and it's been the pits!!!  You have to sign in at least two times to get into your email.  They have totally messed up their email system!  This makes so much sense now!!  They have no idea what they are doing!  I'm so glad you posted this!  Gmail is horrible now!  

Wow!!!

2 Pages12>