Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

keepthesweep.com
amywill5918
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 2:31:34 AM(UTC)
amywill5918

Has anyone heard of Keepthesweep.com?

You can pay them small amounts (that would add up) for sweepstake taxes - federal, state and property. You also have to pay a yearly fee. They weren't clear when I signed up - I thought initially the yearly fee paid for your win.  Yes, if you win its so worth it.  I suppose its part of believing in the game that we will eventually win big.  Because if we do the amount we pay would be paltry compared to the win! We could keep the HGTV home we won - or keep a year and sell it! 

I would like to see, since its so expensive - the amount we put on yearly recurring sweeps to carry over to the next year.  I think the advantage to having them pay the next year as well is that we pay federal and state for the amount that they paid - as in, if they supply the cash for taxes - I think that amount is owed the next year.  I'm thinking that could go on forever lol. How does that work?  I suppose it gives us a chance to enjoy a prize and work on selling to a high bidder plus enjoy it ourselves for a year or two? 

Used to be HGTV winners could stay in the home but now they won't unless they accept and pay insurance.  Be nice if keepthesweeps did offer to pay insurance as well for a few dollars. 

Or enter accept the vacation sweeps win that don't cover taxes.  Again though - are we liable for the amount they have paid out?  Probably easier to pay taxes on the amount paid for a vacation win though. Me personally, being a single mom of a special needs child, I will continue to be careful about what sweeps I enter...though sometimes I will enter in hopes though not stated they would be willing to offer cash alternative - or allow you to take everything but the trip etc - especially if cash or gift cards go along with it.  And I will only buy tax payment for those sweepstakes I REALLY want - like right now...I've paid for federal and property taxes for the ultimate retreat - I want to go back and pay for one more year but not sure if it would work or some glitch in system since its new will only read it as paying for the first year AGAIN not an additional one. And maybe pay for state - I think I didn't pay state thinking TX doesn't have that but NC might.

Do you know Mr Sweepy - or any one here feel like hazarding a guess?

They do cite Mr Sweepy as a trusted source. I'd love to see both team up so we can automatically link to that site pay for taxes and have a lucky list for that site. 

Amy

amywill5918
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 12:20:18 PM(UTC)
amywill5918

I'd be very curious to know if any members use this.