Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

infolinks
super2ndchance
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 12:23:48 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Does anybody know how to stop the infolinks from popping up ?

Thanks,

Carrie

pearl3411
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 3:08:02 AM(UTC)

The infolinks pop-ups are very irritating.  Does anyone know how to get it off?  The second I bring up sweepstakestoday I have a constant infolinks pop-up.

curmudgeon2
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 6:55:20 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 68 post(s)

I suspect they are income producing ads.  The revenue is used to pay for the opertation of this site and has kept it a free site for members like you and me.

For more information I suggest you go to the main page.  At the top, find the white rectangular box next to "Search Sweeps"  In the box, type  - - - gofundme- - - then read what you find.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

T. S. Eliot
ntekos
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 2:30:58 AM(UTC)
ntekos

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)

If you click on the "?" button next and to the left of the "x" button on the pop-up Infolinks box it will open up a new webpage. If you scroll down towards the bottom of that page, there is a link that you can click which will stop the Infolinks box from popping up on the Sweepstakes Today pages. I believe it says something to the effect of "if you wish not to see the pop-up ads on this website..click here". This seemed to do the trick for me in Chrome but not so much in Internet Explorer.

owilkins
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:39:30 PM(UTC)
owilkins

Thx so much. I will try that, ntekos. I know Mr.Sweepy needs the advertising and I am all for that, but this one is an invasion to our sweeps to the point we can not see the content. I'm sure that wasn't his plan. Maybe move it to the top as a single line across the top maybe even could blink. It would grab our attention, but not interrupt the content. The concept of the ad is to promote sales instead of passing it by as we are doing now, we would be more apt to stop and read it

Can you even imagine the cost of your salvation? The magnificent plan of the Father & the willing cooperation of the Son, proved your tremendous value in God's eyes. From His perspective, you are worth all the pain & suffering that was necessary to secure your eternal presence with Him in Heaven.
luckywinner12
#5 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:54:06 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

ntekos;210892 wrote:

If you click on the "?" button next and to the left of the "x" button on the pop-up Infolinks box it will open up a new webpage. If you scroll down towards the bottom of that page, there is a link that you can click which will stop the Infolinks box from popping up on the Sweepstakes Today pages. I believe it says something to the effect of "if you wish not to see the pop-up ads on this website..click here". This seemed to do the trick for me in Chrome but not so much in Internet Explorer.

Thank you so much ntekos, I tried this and it worked like a charm. No more infolink popups. You took away my frustration. :)

1luckylady2
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:46:33 AM(UTC)
1luckylady2

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 18 post(s)

Thank you so much, ntekos! It worked. No more annoying infolink ads. I appreciate it, as I'm sure everyone on this site does.

ntekos
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:12:22 PM(UTC)
ntekos

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Glad I could help out! Kinda' discovered it by accident...just clicked on the "?" button and it took me to the Infolinks page that lets you disable it. I really enjoy helping out the ST community as I know there has been many an occasion that other fellow sweepers have shared their knowledge and answers to the "watch and win" sweepstakes. Just paying it forward.