Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Changes coming to ST - Part 2
mrsweepy
#1 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 11:27:00 PM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

Members, The ST development team is working on a totally new version of Sweepstakestoday.com. We expect to have it up and running in 3 to 4 months. I know you questions and let me take a moment to tell you about some of the ideas we have.

As many of you know, we have always taken the attitude that we would have the best running website with the best features. We were the first to come out with a My Lucky List, Last Chance Sweepstakes and Winner's List. This next big move is more about the next generation of the internet that is coming. What this means is the internet is going to change in major ways over the next couple of years. Browsers, programs, apps that we have gottien we used will be outdated and new versions will be seen.  Example, Microsoft Explorer Browser will come to a end and replaced with a new version called "Chome Edge" This will be based on Google Chrome technology.  This is one example.

The big one for ST is we will be move 100 percent of our database from Microsoft Azure Servers to the Microsoft Cloud. This will be much faster, added security and more flexable and scaleable for future growth. The future growth design will be looking at 5G in our future. Many of the experts are saying the end user will be heading to greater use of mobile verses Laptops and Desktops.  This is will be much slower in the sweepstakes world but will happen.  If you would have ask me 10 years ago that Microsoft Explorer browser would drop in the total percentage of users lower than to Google Chrome, I would have laugh at that one.  It happened.

It was these advancements is why we didn't think staying with the current ST site programming was a good move. He had to change.

Part 3 will be about new features.

Mr. Sweepy

rpkn2131
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 1:08:52 AM(UTC)
rpkn2131

Was thanked: 770 time(s) in 735 post(s)

Good luck Mr. Sweepy. I hope it's a smooth transition for you. I'm not computer savvy so I don't really understand how these things work but I have confidence in you and your staff. Thanks again for the ONLY sweepstakes site I use. It's been a wonderful 13 years with you. Great ride! Can't wait to see what the future brings!! Stay well.

Beth

$10,000 Club member since June 2012!!
newport77
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 4:52:57 AM(UTC)
newport77

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 72 post(s)

Mr Sweepy. Just a huge THANKYOU  for this website.  It is the best of all the other sweeper sites.  YOU ARE AWESOME. 

fishrmn100
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 12:58:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 100 post(s)

I really enjoy ST. Changes make me nervous, but I always adapt. Wishing for a smooth transition. :)

gammacj
#5 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 4:45:04 AM(UTC)

In your new format are you having everything come up in squares except favorites.  Ad to switch screens, so don't know if that is the problem. If new format i don't like it. You have to open that then open again.