Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Won on the Dawn Sweeps..but have a question maybe you know
glorob
#1 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2006 12:54:46 AM(UTC)
glorob

I won the pots & pans..value 600.00 a month ago or so..it says it will notify me by mail after the sweepstakes end..most of all my wins I have had a e mail notification.  I am kind of nervous about it.  Can I call e prize and see if they have info or should I wait?  My husband is Mr. Doubter but I have always received my prizes after I have won.

Did anyone else with the Dawn IW?

What do you all think...

Appreciate any help you might like to give me. 

kmwbunny
#2 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2006 1:48:07 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

If your previous wins were smaller value amounts (less than $600) then it would explain you being confused about this win if it's your first big win.  Anything over $600 will be handled differently.  MOst likely you will receive something in the mail, usually FedEx or UPS; an afadavit of eligibility.  You have to complete the form, have it notorized and return it to them within a timeframe and THEN you are declared the official winner.  You see, anything over $600 you will receive a 1099 form to file with your income taxes for the additional income.  So you will be asked for your social security number on that form.  This is complete legitimate, but if anyone ever asked for your social other than on a official afadavit dont give it!  I remember when you won; Didnt you receive an email confirming your win? Now just sit back and wait for the paperwork to come.  SOmetimes these things take forever.  I'm still waiting on my big win from June and I'll probably be waiting a couple more months.  BUT, I know it WILL come.  Hang in there.
mrsweepy
#2 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2006 6:02:07 AM(UTC)
mrsweepy

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 464 post(s)

Hi,

Congrats on the win. I believe this is the sweep and prize you are referring to:

DAWN - DIRECT FOAM DROP AND WIN GAME

http://www.sweepstakestoday.com/sweeps/8757.aspx

(9) Monthly Second Prizes (3 will be available during each of the periods: A $600 check toward a Calphalon One Infused Anodized 10-Piece Cookware set.
ARV: $600 each.

If so, my first thought is this.  The sweep ends on Oct. 02, 2006. ePrizes does not normally send out prizes until the sweep is over.  And then there is at least another 4 to 6 weeks until you receive it.  So likely you might not see the prize until Nov. or Dec. You can email them and ask about when the prize will be shipped and if any paperwork needs to be signed. (Affy and release).

The email address for ePrize Prize Fulfillment Services is: fulfillment@eprizefulfillment.com

This might help.

Mr. Sweepy

glorob
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 5:20:38 AM(UTC)
glorob

Thanks for the info..no I didn't get an email and I read the rules over and over and it says they will notify by mail after the promotion and the dawn sweeps is still going.  The no email thing is what gets me nervous but it does not say they will email..so I guess I will sit and pray I get it..my husband as I said is skeptical..but I told him everything I have won as little as it might be has come.  I saw the pots at the Pottery Barn and they were right at the price listed in the sweeps...thanks for your help and I will hang in there.  May god bless you and good luck always too you!
glorob
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 3:41:45 AM(UTC)
glorob

MR SWEEPY...you are a lucky charm..the doorbell just rang..there was a FED EX from

DAWN!!!!!!!!!!   Seems now they say they are pleased announce I am a POTENTIAL WINNER...yet they want me to have the forms notirized...which is about $10.00 and well worth it if indeed they are going to send my cookware?  I am new at this stuff...any thoughts or anyone else had the same experience.  Appreciate your help!

brig3u
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 5:07:46 AM(UTC)
brig3u

Hi glorob,

For all the bigger sweepstakes prizes I have won I've had to do exactly as you described above, including having the forms notarized.   I was only the "potential" winner until the sweepstakes administrators could confirm my information (which is the reason you're filling out their forms and having it notarized).  Be sure you have the information sent back to them within whatever time limit they have given you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! [<:o)]

glorob
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 10:49:36 PM(UTC)
glorob

yes they will be notorized today and fed ex back by the end of day.  I am so excited ..geez you can always tell the new people like me that needs a sweeps for dummy's book...my question is ..it sounds like I will receive a check instead of a delivery of cookware...who do they make the check out too?  I saw the cookware when I was a pottery barn and man are they nice!  Any clue?
kmwbunny
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2006 2:44:20 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

brig3u was correct; they always state you are a "potential" winner until you send them the notarized form back and they can confirm that you are who you say you are, legal resident, blah blah blah.  That's typical.  As for a $10.00 fee for getting a notary; go to your bank; they usually don't charge any fee.  I've never been charged a fee for a notary.  Oh, if they send a check, it will be made out to you.  Congrats again on your win!  I bet your husband is not so cynical and believes you now! hahahha!

glorob
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2006 3:30:06 AM(UTC)
glorob

Moonbeam..the answer to your question..how many times..every single day for about I would saya month...then bam! No one more surprised as me.  I play many I hate but seems the ones I like the least I will win.  I would like to win one that is not an instant win so I know what that feels like. I would think the unexpected would be far more fun.                 
brig3u
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2006 11:10:37 AM(UTC)
brig3u

LOL, whenever I've won, whether it's from an instant win or otherwise, it's been totally unexpected!  Guess I go in with the attitude that a win is possible, but not likely.  It seems to me though, that the times I have won something and was contacted by phone or registered letter, it's been while I'm away at work and my husband gets the good news first.....of course he calls me right away and then I get so excited I can't concentrate for the rest of the day and of course I want to know every detail.....which of course he can't remember, LOL.    Oh well.....I think what I'm trying to say is that.....either way is fun!

Hope you enjoy your win....and wish you many more!