Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Happy Member of the 10K Club
kmwbunny
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2006 6:40:59 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

I've been a member of ST since July '05.  I had never been a "sweeper" before.  I got my first big win three months after joining ST and I have won 6 times between Oct 05 and Oct 06 where the prize was large enough to need an afadavit.  5 of those prizes were from ST, one was from a local mail in.  My first big win was from a daily sweep, and it was First prize, (not Grand) and it was aprox $4800 worth of power tools.  My next big win was from a photo/essay contest and I won a trip to Las Vegas to meet Celine Dion, ARV $3100 (included $1000 cash).  That was my first Grand prize.  Next came a $3500 computer system from a One Time Only sweep.  I got to pick out exactly what I wanted for a computer and it was very fun doing so,lol.   Shortly after that I won a $700 cell phone package which included a Motorola Razr cellphone and a Bluetooth Car Kit with installation. It's very nice, with voice activation, etc.   And the last big win (so far! )  was a Samsung 40 inch Flat Panel LCD HDTV, with an ARV of $2800 from the recent Doritos Sweep.  All of these wins have been from Mr Sweepys' wonderful site!  The one win that I won from a local grocery store mail in sweep was a $519 Weber Gas Grill and $520 worth of groceries and I won that Oct 05, before any wins from Sweeptakes Today.  So, in total I've won over $15,939, and of that $14,900 was from wins from this site all within 1 year.  That only includes the large prizes that required an affadavit.  I've won other nice prizes like a $200 digital camera, $130 Triumph toothbrush, Video games, a nice duffle bag, etc etc.  The list is too many to name.  Mr Sweepy is right; it takes commitment and determination, not just luck.  But I'm living proof that it is possible to win, and more than once.  Now, if I could just win that car I've been dreaming of.....  Thanks to you Mr Sweepy, I believe Dreams really do come true. ; )

Bettydc
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2006 3:59:08 AM(UTC)
Bettydc

Hi kmwbunny,   I enjoyed reading your post.  I am new to contest/sweeps and this site.  I only started doing this to keep from being bored after having spinal surgery.  I was thinking I was wasting my time but after reading about all that you have won, well, I think I'll keep at it.  It's good to hear about the big and the small wins, and also how long you've been at it.  If you can pass along any helpful hints, please do.  Congrats on all your wins.    

sims-stephanie
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:44:38 AM(UTC)
sims-stephanie

Hey bunny........congrats to you and how wonderful!!!!  It was fun to read your post.......I play everyday, and have been doing so for about a year.  I really enjoy the site.....thanks Mr. Sweepy for the new hobby!
kmwbunny
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2006 7:05:58 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

Thanks to both of you.  I wish you both lots of luck and lots of wins. ; )  Believe me Betty, it's not a waste of time and you should stick with it.  The only advise I can give, is, don't give up and don't get discouraged. A win comes when you least expect it.  I've had lots of hobbies, and as anyone knows who does any kind of hobby it can cost alot of money to invest in a hobby.  This is the only hobby I've had that actually pays ME! : )  I think of it as a hobby, and have fun with it like a hobby, but at the same time I commit myself to it like it's a second job.  (I work 50+ hours per week at my regular job).  That's the only advise I can give, to stay commited to it and have fun with it.  If it gets too much like work, back off from it some to keep it fun.  Oh, and I guess some more advise would be to enter as many sweeps as you possibly can.  Anyone who wins alot knows sweeping is a numbers game; the more you enter, the more chance there is for you to win. But beware, it's addicting! ha ha  The more you win, the more fun it becomes.  I hope you both  get to find that out first hand. Oh, and hey back Sims-stephanie;  : )   keep playing everyday and I'll rub my lucky four-leaf clover for ya! lol  I hope to see you post a big win and become a member of the 10K club too!  The more the merrier!  And Betty I hope you are healing quickly from your surgery and I hope sweeping has helped you pass the time quickly. Take care and best of luck to both of you.
Bettydc
#5 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2006 11:58:13 AM(UTC)
Bettydc

You're sweet as a bunny!   And yes I am healing well and should be back to work in a couple of weeks.  I too work long days and full time, so don't know how much I can devote to this new hobby.   You are right, it is very addicting and fun.  Thanks for the encouragement and advice.   Happy Holidays to all
fireskystef
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2006 3:22:14 AM(UTC)
fireskystef

I have been sweeping for over a year, my biggest win is a $250 best buy card. Might I ask which sweeps you enter, ie one time, daily, unlimited? And do you enter sweeps when they first come out or as a last chance thing? I am really longing for a big win. I can feel that I will but I haven't yet.

Steph

kmwbunny
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2006 8:16:15 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

Hi Steph,

To answer your question, I enter all sweeps that I'm interested in enough to be willing to pay the taxes. Things I need to improve the quality of my life.  Winning big prizes for something you dont really need can get you in hot water come Tax Day if you are on a limited income.  Yo can take a chance to try to sell it but I'd be afraid to pay more taxes than I got from selling it.  I enter any type of sweep, daily, one time, etc, and I have won on every kind except the weekly entry.  It doesnt matter when you enter either.  I've won a one time entry on the very last day of entry, and I've also won a one time entry on the very first day it was listed on this site.  It doesnt matter when; the luck of the draw, is simply that, the luck of the draw.  I've won an unlimited entry sweep by only entering about 3 or 4 times also.  I guess the biggest thing to remember is to enter as much as possible and to be commited to it.  You have to be willing to spend alot of time doing it.  Most people dont have the spare time it takes in their busy lives.  I have terrible luck with winning the small stuff. I am amazed at how many small wins other members seem to win compared to me.  But I am very grateful that I've been lucky with what wins I have had so far.  Don't get discouraged. I know it's easy to do.  But a win comes when you least expect it. Believe me! : )  Good luck!

travelseeker
#4 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2006 6:38:53 AM(UTC)
travelseeker

Hi kmwbunny,

I have the same philosophy about entering and winning. I enter only what I would like to win or would be able to sell with a profit after taxes. I spend a minimum of 3 hours a day on this site and after I've finished "My lucky list" I go to the prizes page and see how many entries I made for that day; lately it's been 140-150 as a combo of one-time, dailys etc. and that makes me feel good. That's about 50,000 entries a year and, as you say, it's a numbers game. I know that it's not a matter of IF but WHEN I'll win. My winnings since I began a year ago are approx. $8K which included 2 trips but unfortunately no cash!

Last month I started doing mail-ins on car sweeps with daily/unlimited mail entries; I send 3-6 per week for each sweep. There's a "Classmates" sweep to win a Corvette right now, (I can't enter on-line because I went to school in the UK) but I will enter the maximum 11 mail-ins. There's a Valvoline sweep with 4 Dodge Chargers as prizes; you can request 15 codes by mail so I've done that. Delta has the 27 Sky convertibles so I'm sending one mail-in per day. Eventually the postage will pay off and I'll no longer be driving my 1995 Chevy S10! I figure it's a matter of what you choose to invest in and for me that's a car. Anyway, I was struck by your optimistic attitude and I wanted to say that I totally agree. You will win to the extent that you believe you'll win. Effort + Belief = Winning!

kmwbunny
#5 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2006 7:48:51 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

"Effort+Belief = Winning"  I LIKE that equasion! LOL I'll have to remember that one. : )  Thanks, I like to stay optimistic ,keep a possitive attitude, as you seem to as well, and it seems it has paid off for you as well, winning 8K in a year. You're close to that 10k mark! : )  I do some mail-ins as well, zeroing in on the cash and cars but I limit myself on the nationwide ones unless they are limited in entries.  I'd go broke if I didn't, haha.  I concentrate on local mail-ins that are only good for a few states so the odds are better.  I've won two first places where the grand prize was a car or pickup so I'm coming close.  I'll keep plugging away.  I need a car bad too. My poor 2000 neon has definately seen better days, lol.  But, luckily it gets be back and forth to work each day....so far...

I spend 3-4 hours a day on this site too, more on the weekends.  I work 9-10 hours a day at my job, then come home and sweep while I vegg-out to TV or whatever.  I think of it as a part-time job that I work at from home, haha.  It's definately more fun than my full time job, lol.  It's suplimented my income nicely, that's for sure.  I've never sold any of my prizes, hope I never have to.  I was lucky when I won $4800 in power-tools that they let me have the cash instead.  Gave them my sob story of just breaking up with my boyfriend and I was a woman that didnt need so many tools. Had entered the sweep to try to win the prize for him.  They agreed to give me cash.  I was thrilled. It was a true story though.  I almost missed the win because the FedEx letter went to my ex-boyfriends house 2 weeks after we broke up and I missed the deadline to return the affadavit because he never told me it came. Yup, he was a jerk.  They called me to find out why I didnt return the paperwork and luckily they resent it.  They couldve disqualified me. 

Well, best of luck to you gsballance, and I hope to hear about that car or big cash win soon! : )

kmwbunny
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:29:46 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

Thanks everyone!  Well, I can add two more wins to my list; a 5 Day Caribean Cruise with Norwegian Cruiselines, ARV $1400, and another computer, an Alienware desktop, ARV $2200! Yahoo!
pjpalm
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:49:49 AM(UTC)
pjpalm

Most of us would ask you how do you do it, great win after great win and I know it is by multiply entries (those that allow that such as dailies), persistance and luck. Hoping that some day my "ship comes in" in the mean time congratulations on all those wins and enjoy that NCL trip and new PC.[ip]
sirius
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:53:20 PM(UTC)
sirius

Lucky Bunny!
travelseeker
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:22:24 AM(UTC)
travelseeker

Hi again kmwbunny!

WOWeeeeeeeee (as Borat would say!) Your continued wins are incredible and you must be on such a high! My equation of effort + belief = winning  has eluded me recently. I have never won a "tangible" prize over $200 and that was a tool set! LOL!  I wish I'd thought of the boyfriend thing. I took the 60lb box of tools to Lowes and said I thought I bought it there before Xmas but wasn't sure and did not have a receipt. She said it looked like one of theirs, scanned it and gave me a gift voucher for $160, so that was exciting as we're about to do some redecorating!

The trips I won to Vegas and Los Angeles were great, however there was no cash included and we spent money for transportation and eating out. The LA trip last December was great because we got to stay at the Loews Santa Monica in a full ocean view room for 4 nights and we could sit on the balcony in our soft robes and watch the sun go down behind Santa Monica pier! One night we drove along Mulholland Drive, which had some beautiful views of the Los Angeles Valley - it's such a windy road we both felt car sick! The car we rented from Hertz had the navigation system in it which was amazing as it stopped us from getting lost (it's called "Never Lost") and it was like having a third person in the car - it cracked us up! We plugged in the Hollywood sign and it took us to a place where you could get an amazing view of it. One problem however- it was 10pm and we didn't know it was not lit up at night! lol  We could just make out the outline! But that made it really funny and it was a great night!

Lately though I've been feeling a bit blah because I spend so much time - at least 3 hours per night and have yet to win a TV, computer or something "tangible" like that. I have CD's, DVD's, perfume etc and I've given away many prizes but I'm hoping for a prize I need. Do you have any words of inspiration or encouragement? Do you keep any kind of written record of your entries? I'm wondering if I'm making some mistakes. Do you enter for just yourself or for a spouse too?

I am soooo happy for you and hope you have a great year of continued success! Let's see what 2007 brings :-)   Samantha

kmwbunny
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2007 5:24:47 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

Thanks again everyone;

Hi again to you too Samantha! Hang in there and keep believing in your equation. Just try to think that you are saving all your "win luck" up for one really big win and it's just taking a little longer. [:)] That's what I do. I very rarely win the smaller stuff, instant wins, etc so I just remember that a bigger win is coming down the road.  It sounds like you are doing quite a bit of sweeping so it will have to pay off eventually. Just keep plugging away and keep your positive attitude and that big win will be just around the corner waiting for you. Believe me, I spend alot of time each day sweeping too (way more than I should but I'm addicted haha) but the hard work WILL pay off. I'm divorced with no childrenand not really dating right now so I have the time to invest in the hobby.  Oh, and to answer your question, no I don't keep record of my entries and no I dont enter for a spouse or anyone other than myself.  It may be a coincidence, but I went through a dry spell at the same time I was entering some sweeps for my sister (her email address and mailing address were different from mine and she wouldve received the prize but she didnt win anything). I'm not sure but I thought I might have been disqualifying myself by entering both from the same computer (and same isp address) so I stopped doing it for her and then shortly after I started winning again. Might just be my imagination but I found it interesting. I only did it for a couple months but it's the only "dry spell" I've ever noticed.  I dont want to take the chance anymore.  As for keeping record of entries, the only thing I do is only use one website--sweepstakes today!: ) I would think it would be too hard to remember if you entered one from another site and accidentally get disqualified.  I can tell which ones I've entered and how many a day just fine right here. It would take too much of my time to keep track of them; that's time away from entering!! lol  I do keep a spreadsheet of all my wins though, so I can follow up on prizes that are slow in the coming.  Sometimes it takes a little prodding to get them to send the prize.  I won my first computer in June and it took until November to get it. Rediculous. There were other issues with other wins, but I've always received my prizes--eventually.  Well, I'm still waiting on one from August....

Sounds like LA was alot of fun. I've never been; hope to some day.  Take care and I hope to hear about your big win sooooon!!

Kath

sldolge
#5 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2007 11:04:40 AM(UTC)
sldolge

Congratulations kmwbunny, send some luck my way.  Although the rain has stopped here in a couple of weeks (live in Texas), it's been very dry here.  I am glad I read your post here as well on the Alienware win post, it gets my spirit back up.  I am sure one day I will be able to post my $10K win on Sweepstakes Today's forum.  I actually like the members on this site, like yourself and many, many more.  I wish more would jump on over to the forum every once and a while and share their wins, etc.

2007 is looking great for you, keep up the positive posts and keep having fun.  That is what it's really all about!

Sharon

travelseeker
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2007 5:27:51 AM(UTC)
travelseeker

Hi Kath,

Thanks for replying to my questions. I enter for a room-mate and I've been very leary about it. However, both trips were won in her name so I'm torn. One day I think we're doubling our odds and the next I think I may be disqualifying myself on some so your answer about when you did enter for your sister is pause for thought. It's also very inspirational that you can have that many huge wins by entering only for yourself. It may be the way to go for me and then I won't have the negative energy of doubt! (perhaps in the equation doubt cancels out the belief! lol!) I'm also divorced with no kids and lots of free time on my hands so it does have its benefits! I feel much better since I read your post and will accept my dry spell - rest up before the wins come rolling in! Continued luck to you and our merry band of sweepers!

Samantha

thisisapain
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2007 10:44:39 AM(UTC)
thisisapain

Thank you, Samantha,

for asking those questions.  After reading this thread, I stopped entering in my husband's name. The advantage is that I can cover more ground now that I've stopped entering most of them twice! Good luck to you. In a few months the both of us will be joining the 10K club instead of quizzing them, right? I really appreciate how generously folks share tips and encouragement.

Lynelle

kmwbunny
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2007 11:28:00 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

I agree Lynelle, I can enter alot more sweeps without having to slow down and read the rules, worrying about disqualification. It's just what works best for me and what makes me feel more comfortable.  Good luck and hope to see you both in the 10K club soon. : )
kmwbunny
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2007 11:32:36 AM(UTC)
kmwbunny

Oh, by the way, thanks Sharon; I'm glad I was able to help boost your spirits a bit to get through your dry spell; I'm wishing you luck too. Hope you become a 10k member soon too. Maybe 2007 will be your lucky year. : )
cloydb
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2007 7:02:55 AM(UTC)
cloydb

Wow!  I am speechless...  You have been so blessed.   Keep up the good work.
2 Pages12>